Author Topic: Nopoop spotted over the Pacific  (Read 483 times)

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
Nopoop spotted over the Pacific
« on: November 07, 2003, 07:37:49 PM »
or was it BlueIce?

It's a Bird, It's a Plane...It's Flying Poop!
Saturday, June 28, 2003

Isn't that a load of crap? Ray Erickson of Santa Cruz sued American Airlines when one of the company's planes allegedly released two chunks of toilet waste which landed, bizarrely enough, exactly on the skylight of his boat.

The two chunks, euphemistically referred to as "blue ice," damaged his boat when they came crashing down. Erickson tracked down the offending plane and sued in small claims court. He won the suit and will receive $3,236 from the airline.

curly

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2003, 09:30:04 PM »
He still has to clean up blue ****.

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2003, 12:32:53 AM »
$3K for getting watermelon on by 250 people? He needs to hire Jackie Childs!

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2003, 03:03:36 AM »
He's lucky he was'nt killed. How you going to explain that to St.Peter?.... "Well, I was sailing, minding my own business, when..."
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2003, 06:42:45 AM »
Triumph strikes again!!

Nice boat........for me to poop on!!!!
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Dingbat

• Silver Member
      • http://mysite.verizon.net/res0v1l1
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2003, 07:00:15 AM »
Dropping Objects From the Sky (Federal Aviation Rule 91.15). Be careful about dropping objects from an aircraft. Generally, subject to a very important proviso, a pilot may drop things form his or her aircraft and permit things to be dropped from his or her aircraft--as long as it does not create a hazard to persons or property below. Some obvious applications are parachute jumping, water bombing contests, and the like.

According to FAR 91.15, "This section does not prohibit the droppings of an object if reasonable precautions are taken to avoid injury or damage to persons or property."

Depending on the altitude of the plane, this guys boat could look more like a crested wave...  Frivalous in my opinion

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2003, 10:21:50 AM »
How the heck do they get "blue ice" out of poop? :confused:

Never mind, guess it's the blue water/disinfectant it's floating in.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline bigUC

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2003, 02:18:24 PM »
I once saw a groundcrew take a full load from a dc-10 (?) .  I was peeking out the window when i saw a guy standing in a huge puddle (30 ft diameter) under next planes tail.  He was performing some kind of slow break-dance, obviously having some kind of seizure.   I couldnt figure out what happened to him until a small truck came and the driver started hosing him down.  He stripped to his underwear, left his clothes in the puddle and rode on the rear bumper back to the terminal.
Kurt is winking at U!

Offline DmdNexus

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2003, 02:24:15 PM »
Now does that Pilot get to put a boat decal on the side of his fuselage - or does that go to the passage that flushed the toilet?

The lawsuit makes it a confirmed kill!

Damn good example of level bombing a boat!
That was not easy task, that block of poop had some forward velocity on it too.... and the cross winds.

Pilot hit that sky light with out even a bomb sight...
« Last Edit: November 10, 2003, 02:45:28 PM by DmdNexus »