Author Topic: Courtesy- Is it too much to expect here?  (Read 2488 times)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Courtesy- Is it too much to expect here?
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2003, 12:17:57 PM »
I have the land mode for the guns set to alt-f4. ;)
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2003, 01:28:55 PM »
Fly4beer AKA PC was my squaddie at the time...and we were flying in a scenario.  :D

Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2003, 02:19:42 PM »
I'm not going to read your post, but I can answer the question in the thread title. Yes, yes it is.
Army of Muppets

Offline agflit01

• Zinc Member
RE: COMMON COURTESY...
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2003, 07:27:16 PM »
Surely u jest........ I ain't sayin it's right, but I long since given up on hopeing for a stable maturity level to develope in the sim........

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2003, 08:00:12 PM »
Well, everybody has to go thru the unwritten psychological training program to be able to really enjoy the game. If you cant take the heat get outta the BBQ, but leave us your beer on the way out.  :D

I personally get a chuckle out of the alt f4's even though I dont throw them myself. It's just funny to see them all pop up at once. Poor newb byotches.

The only thing that ticks me off anymore is my own teammates dropping in on my fight and shooting through me to get a kill when I'm at d300 or less on the nme 6.:mad: Even with K/S on, the sudden burst of tracers makes me wonder who the heck is firing at my 6! Always love it when I hit a quick evasive and see a green plane back there. Talk about discourteous!!!!

I could just kill wilby for showing me this dang game on his laptop one day about 6 months ago! At least I got Duchess on too, so the wife ack problem went away!:aok

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2003, 09:02:00 PM »
Originally posted by F4i
Personally, I miss the old days in AW when we would trick the  newbies into punching out of their airplanes and dangle in their parachutes forever.  :D I don't know why we haven't adopted that joke here in AH.

If they use computers and don't know what "ALT+F4" does, it's about damn time they learn.  :aok :rofl

But, yes Max...courtesy would be expected on same-country channels.  On the open channel; however, the proverbial gloves come off.  :lol

TBolt

One of my favorite tricks when AW3 introduced the Esc+OJ1 command was to say that the command was to check pilot rank and in-flight score.  All the they got when they entered the command was nothing but the input numbers from their controllers spamming their chat buffer.  It was far easier to get people to fall for this than it was for the Esc+P for more power trick.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2003, 07:09:39 PM »
Ah, ESC+P, memories:)
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2003, 09:35:53 PM »
What was the AW command to force the controls to switch to the mouse? That was a good one too.