Author Topic: Pucker Factor  (Read 764 times)

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
Pucker Factor
« on: September 25, 2000, 01:57:00 PM »
Seems like the combination of FM and icon changes have increased the Pucker Factor.  Fights last longer, you can't track icons under the nose, and you have to wait longer to find out if those dots are his friends or yours.

Anyone else think the Pucker Factor has gone up with 1.04?

popeye

KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Pucker Factor
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2000, 02:02:00 PM »
Hmmm, Ammo and Sharky in spits, Ghosth and myself in 109F's, pucker factor is an under-statement!!  (I have GOT to work on my gunnery, it sucks, 3 times I had them in my sites, 3 times I missed!)

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
Pucker Factor
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2000, 02:31:00 PM »
Yeah, my lips are getting a real workout!  

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Pucker Factor
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2000, 02:47:00 PM »
 Absolutely      I had a nice dogfight with Camo about a week ago. It was very tense for just working the ACM and trying to keep him in view but the pucker factor went thru the roof when I lost track of him because I knew what was coming next  
 I've had more like that now. Flying with BigBen last night and trying to work our two planes against a group of 4 enemy. Awfully stressful now (in a good way) trying to maintain "SA"  

-Westy

Offline flakbait

• Silver Member
      • http://www.worldaccessnet.com/~delta6
Pucker Factor
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2000, 04:09:00 PM »
In quite a few H2H games I've had my pucker factor go right through the roof! Fighting a 202 while flying a 109-G2 with these new icons is great. That one fight alone had me on the edge of my seat, literally. After that fight ended, me barely winning, I landed due to a fuel shortage.

I actually wondered when I would see a video clip kick in after landing...

*flakbait steps out of the cockpit drenched in sweat, throwing his chute to the ground. Glances inside the cockpit for the log book and does a double-take at the seat. There's fang-marks in it.* "Holy Smoke!" he yells "I think I need a drink, BAD!"...*staggers towards the Officer's Club*

That'd be great if there WERE vid-clips showing that kinda thing. Too bad there aren't any  

Flakbait
Delta 6's Flight School
"My art is the wings of an aircraft through the skies, my music the deep hum of a prop as it slices the air, my thrill the thunder of guns tearing asunder an enemy plane."
Flakbait
19 September 2000

Ice

Pucker Factor
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2000, 04:31:00 PM »
Much more intense

Requires one to maintain focus for sure

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Pucker Factor
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2000, 04:32:00 PM »
 I wonder if girls pucker. That would be great. If.................. No, even I dont like the direction my mind is going, now.

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
Pucker Factor
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2000, 04:36:00 PM »
It would be even BETTER if the icons stopped displaying the RANGE of the aircraft when they hit 2.0 range.

Too many dweebs rely on the laser rangefinder to make shots that in real life wouldve been unthinkable.

THEN we would see some REAL ACM!

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Pucker Factor
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2000, 04:49:00 PM »
Yup.. much more intense. SA is king.. no SA; no way yer gonna live.

Gunnery still gives me fits.. it's been better since the wind was shut down; and I'm slowly adjusting to the new lead and dispersion.

Best thing about the new FM's is that it demands the pilot know his E state; and he'd better be damn good at estimitating his opponets too. Add to that the gunnery difficulties, the closer icons; the faster A/C FM's and all of a sudden I'm not flying a simulation..

...I'm in it, slammin my forehead from canopy side to canopy side; straining to keep vis on the bad guy and flyin some of the tuffest ACM I've ever flown. Total Imersion; total pucker factor. I've busted two sticks in 7 days.. and am now looking to have this seat re-upolstered. Something I havn't done since my ladder days.  

Another month of this and we're gonna be a buncha very very dangerous dudes to the newbies that stop in....

Hang

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Duckwing6

• Copper Member
      • http://www.pink.at
Pucker Factor
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2000, 05:31:00 PM »
*munches while he speaks*

"yup just bit a pieve of my desk again Cuz a Niki drove me nuts again ...."

too much E retention .. no tracking shots possible ..

Yup my pucker factor is .. noticeable ..

DW6

Offline indian

• Copper Member
Pucker Factor
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2000, 12:14:00 AM »
Dripsnort couldnt hit a hanger if he was leaning against it.

------------------
Tommy (INDIAN) Toon
Indians Home page were links to help pages can be found.
Indian's Homepage

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Pucker Factor
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2000, 08:12:00 AM »

Originally posted by indian:
Dripsnort couldnt hit a hanger if he was leaning against it.  

Grrrrr!!! I will see you in 1 week!