Author Topic: Skuzzy..... TA Settings - Deflection Shoots  (Read 1144 times)

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
Skuzzy..... TA Settings - Deflection Shoots
« on: November 08, 2003, 05:02:09 AM »
Hello Skuzzy,

Is it possible to turn on Computed Lead Gun Site option if flight mode flags at Training Arena?

Reason

Defection shooting is one of the hardest things to learn in gunnery. It is very hard to understand to new player what distance you have to aim before the targets nose to get good deflection shoot. As Computed Dive Bombsite was turned on at TA for air to ground dive bombing trainings. Such this option might help a lot for new (and old ones too) players to improve their gunnery, and understand difference between different MGs/Canons balistics - like aiming with 30mm Mk 108 and and 20mm Hisplano very different.

In my expirience even offline trainings with computed gun sites on - shooting flying P-51 improve the skills a lot. So it might give much better results on real flying aircrafts.

To thous who does not know what is Computed Lead Gun Site

It is green cross you see on the screen to which you have to aim to hit the target.
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2003, 01:29:38 PM »
punt

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2003, 01:37:43 PM »
How do you turn it on when "offline" ?
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2003, 02:29:29 PM »
Press Setup button on your clipboard
Press Arena Settings
Choose in the list Flight Mode Flags - dobleclik on it
Check Compued Lead Gun Site box, and press ok

Thats all,
Now take a plane, turn Friendly Lock on - Shift Tab - to be able to lock on friendly mustnags over your field.

Press Tab when you see your target - you have to select the target with box and you will see the green cross you have to aim to.

Good luck

Excelent practice - even at offline circuling mustangs.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2003, 02:47:23 PM »
<> ... thanks
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2003, 02:54:29 PM »
Wow, never knew you could do that with guns too.  

That's a great way to learn some of the more difficult guns, like the mk108 and the osty gun.  

Seems like that'd be great in the TA.  Especially since it's not a forced option; don't press TAB and no site.

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2003, 03:21:20 PM »
Yes after I trained some time on offilne mustangs I can do deflaction shoots with 3x20mm 109s guns from 250-350 yards. and if the target performs low G turn even at distance of 500-600 yards. Of coruce all depends on guns ballistics - you can't do it easy with Mk108 30mm guns. and trainings. Most problem in lonr range deflaction shoots that you might no see the target becuse of your nouse.

Anyway turning this option at TA would be excelent.

I even tought to turn it at Kadesh scenario because at this period most of Gunsites was gyroscopics with calculation of deflaction offset - spesically at high speeds of jets with terrific balistics of Mk108 you really need another gunsite. But didn't - life not so easy :D

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2003, 12:52:02 PM »
Skuzzy? Can I get some replay on this one?

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2003, 09:25:53 AM »
Punt ;)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2003, 10:50:56 PM »
I do believe the LCD is on in the TA and I tell newer flyers about it usually when there. It uses a process that is also used in the PADLOCK view mode I believe.
However your commands  might be slightly off, then again mine might be also. Here's what I use in the TA.

Cntrl-Tab to enable FRIENDLY LOCK
Once enabled:
Tab to cycle through the targets in your field of view.
Shift-Tab to highlight the centermost target in your view.
Views do NOT have to be straight ahead, you can highlight any target in any view if you have LOS, Line Of Sight, on the intended target.
You will get the green + for the LCG when highlighting a target. You might get two +'s because primary and secondary guns will each get a +, fyi. If you want to single out the primary gun I sometimes take a DT, Drop Tank, so I can select that as secondary weapon and don't get the associated crosshair. The F11 or padlock view will track that target if you keep LOS on it. You loose padlock if you loose LOS of the target I believe.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline tman 444

• Zinc Member
SKUZZY
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2003, 06:35:46 AM »
CAN I TURN
[COMPUTED DIVEBOMBSITE ] ON OFFLINE.
AND HOW?

]:) TY.

Offline MOSQ

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2003, 11:14:27 AM »
tman,
Follow the same instructions artkc gave above, just add the divebombsite when you get to the list in Flight Mode Flags. If you want to have it always enabled, be sure to hit Save.