Author Topic: Win a months free subscription!  (Read 4582 times)

Offline pugg666

• Silver Member
Win a months free subscription!
« Reply #120 on: December 11, 2001, 09:06:00 AM »
*walks in, looks around*

hmm. still doesn't get it does he?

re-read your history, and this time, try understanding it.

Offline Dawvgrid

• Nickel Member
« Reply #121 on: December 11, 2001, 09:15:00 AM »
It`s no use PUG666  ;)

Offline FlyingDuckSittingSwan

• Copper Member
« Reply #122 on: December 11, 2001, 09:16:00 AM »
Get what? Your warped version of history, or the reference books I have here. I think I'll trust what historians wrote as opposed to someone named Pug666  :D

Offline pugg666

• Silver Member
« Reply #123 on: December 11, 2001, 11:24:00 AM »
i know Dawv,

but it's fun sometimes  :D

a little quote for ya fdss

"I Have temporarily changed my basic plan of attacking both north and east in order to help Montgomery seize tremendously important objectives in the north-east." General Dwight Eisenhower

and another.
"i consider we have now reached the stage where one really powerfull and full blooded thrust toward Berlin is likely to get there and thus end the German war...In my opinion the thrust likely to give the best and quickest results is one via the Ruhr." Field marshal Bernard Montgomery, Sept 4th 1944

and yet another  :)
"I'll tell you what I'll do, Monty. I'll give you whatever you ask to get over the Rhine because I want a Bridgehead...But let's get over the Rhine first before we discuss anything else." Eisenhower, 10th Sept 1944.

want me to go on?

BTW read Cornylius Ryan's book, A bridge too far, not the movie mind you( though it wasn't THAT far of the mark)

Offline FlyingDuckSittingSwan

• Copper Member
« Reply #124 on: December 12, 2001, 12:49:00 PM »
Pug666, so you're saying that by 3 quotes you expect us to believe that you're an expert on WW2. Is that all you read on WW2? 3 flipping quotes??!! I feel stupid I took you seriously now.  :rolleyes:

Ok, your quotes are either taken completely out of context (as in you need the rest of the paragraph to completely understand what was being said, or you just made those quotes up. Which is it?

"I Have temporarily changed my basic plan of attacking both north and east in order to help Montgomery seize tremendously important objectives in the north-east." General Dwight Eisenhower

Operation Market-Garden wasn't Eisenhowers plan, it was Montgomery's. Either that quote is referring to another battle, or you made it up.

And as for your other 2 quotes, so what?

You know, when people are so vague as you are, it's usually a sign they don't know what the hell they are talking about.

Just some food for thought.

;)