Author Topic: Win a months free subscription!  (Read 4598 times)

Offline Shire_PLH

• Zinc Member
Win a months free subscription!
« Reply #75 on: December 06, 2001, 06:14:00 PM »
lol I knew it had to be one of those UK things  ;)

Offline iceydee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #76 on: December 06, 2001, 09:40:00 PM »
:rolleyes: the british ppl. are known NOT to have the very best food.   ;)  well, I guess their bacon is probably the best in the world, but other than that...    :mad:

[ 12-06-2001: Message edited by: iceydee ]

Offline FlyingDuckSittingSwan

• Copper Member
« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2001, 06:08:00 AM »
Originally posted by iceydee:
:rolleyes: the british ppl. are known NOT to have the very best food.    ;)  well, I guess their bacon is probably the best in the world, but other than that...     :mad:

[ 12-06-2001: Message edited by: iceydee ]

Excuse me?  :mad:

Before our cows went crazy, Scotch Beef was considered the best in the world!
Before some idiot figured how to get a female salmon pregnant without having to get the male swim 500 miles upstream, our Scotch Salmon was considered the best in the world!
Bacon? You're thinking Denmark!   :rolleyes:

Offline loser

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2001, 11:41:00 AM »
Originally posted by FlyingDuckSittingSwan:

Excuse me?   :mad:

Before our cows went crazy, Scotch Beef was considered the best in the world!
Before some idiot figured how to get a female salmon pregnant without having to get the male swim 500 miles upstream, our Scotch Salmon was considered the best in the world!
Bacon? You're thinking Denmark!    :rolleyes:

sorry us Canucks pork the best, or wait, have the best pork  :)

-clan Dunbar

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2001, 03:23:00 PM »
Ya, and Alberta beef is the best in the world.  Everyone knows that!   :D

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2001, 05:15:00 PM »
Originally posted by loser:
sorry us Canucks pork the best, or wait, have the best pork   :)

Except you guys don't know what Bacon is.  To bring out a slab of ham when one clearly asks for bacon is a affront to all that is good and right (ie: high in fat and cholesterol)!

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

• Copper Member
« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2001, 09:16:00 PM »
Canadians aren't the best at anything. Everyone knows that! Celine Dione is Canadian for gods sake!!  :D
My arse sings better than her!

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2001, 10:08:00 PM »
"Beef Scotch" and "Salmon Scotch" and you singing Celine Dion songs out yer arse? I recommend less crack and more BBC for you. Isn't every other channel a cow documentary or some such?

What's fuzzy, warm and fits like a glove?

Whoa .... maybe the answer is a glove.  ;)

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: December 08, 2001, 01:43:00 AM »
Ya, and Alberta beef is the best in the world.  Everyone knows that!    :D

damn canadians.. "Canadian Bacon" starring John Candy.  :D
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

• Copper Member
« Reply #84 on: December 08, 2001, 06:56:00 AM »
In order for a nation to be considered as significant in the world, it has to pass certain requirements. These requirements are:

1) Name a Canadian make of car?
2) Name a Canadian dish which is regularly eaten in other parts of the world.
3) Name a famous Canadian author.
4) Name a famous Canadian artist.
5) Name a famous Canadian export.
6) Name a famous Canadian invention.
7) Name something which is unique to Canada and can't be found nowhere else

If you can't name all those, then I'm sorry, but Canada is not as significant throughout the world as Canada believes.

Here is Britains:

1)British make of Car: Rover
2)British dish: Roast Beef
3)Famous British authour: Dickens
4)Famous British artist: Turner
5)Famous British export: Ketchup
6)Famous British invention: Jet engine
7)Unique to Britain: The Queen

:cool:   :cool:   ;)

Offline Black Sheep

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/empire21productions
« Reply #85 on: December 08, 2001, 02:48:00 PM »
ok i read the whole thread but your comment about canada or the united states is crap - im usa but can definitely tell ya if it weren't for us staters and canucks - you'd be speaking german or with your mouth, dead hehe  :)

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: December 08, 2001, 04:06:00 PM »
no we wouldn't, and what DID canucks do in the war

ps. duck man,how about giving a fellow country man a free sub  :D

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
« Reply #87 on: December 08, 2001, 04:17:00 PM »
I remember a lot of stories about the RCAF bombers over Berlin.

I hate to say it, but without the assistance of the US and Canada, England would have been hard pressed to beat off the nazi horde. At best, they would have kept their 1942 borders after an armistice.
<----ASSASSINS---->

• Copper Member
« Reply #88 on: December 08, 2001, 05:54:00 PM »
I agree when you say America did something significant in the war, but Canada? They just played a bit-part, I'm sorry.

Normandy beaches (at the top of my head, so I may be wrong):

Gold: Britain
Sword: Britain
Juno: Canada
Utah: America
Omaha: America

Now, let's talk about the Normandy landing. America got the sh*t end of the stick by being assigned the western most beaches, Omaha and Utah. If I'm not mistaken, the 29th Infantry Division died the most on Omaha. Canada got the one in the middle and didn't find much resistence. Britain took the West and again didn't find much resistence.

Normandy Landings: Americans 1. Britain 0. Canada 0.

Let's talk about the Battle of Britain:
This made a significant difference in the outcome of the war. For one thing, had Britain fallen, I doubt America would be fighting in Europe at all. From where? Without Britain defeating Hitler's attempt for an invasion (Operation Sealion), Germany would have controlled the Atlantic shipping lanes, not to mention America would have to start the conquest of Europe from North Africa.

America 1. Britain 1. Canada 0.

North Africa:
Montgomery defeats Rommels Africa Corps. America arrives towards the end of the conflict when Rommel already has decided the battle is lost and Hitler decides to appoint him in the defence of France with the remnants of his Afrika Corps.

America 1. Britain 2. Canada 0

Operation Market Garden.
A failed attempt, but a near miss. I would put this down as an American led operation as they were the dominant force by far.

America 2. Britain 2. Canada 0

Invasion of Italy.
Again, even though not as successful as hoped, and despite a war attrocity by the Americans (the killing of civilians at Montecassino), a near miss thing and I would split this as half an American operation and half British.

America 3. Britain 3. Canada 0

I would say these are the major operations in Europe in the Second World War. I left out the Battle of France because that was very unsuccessful as opposed to Operation Market Garden and Invasion of Italy which were very nearly successful. Invasion of Italy did in fact succeed a little later on, in fact.

Can someone name a major contribution by Canadian forces in Europe in the Second World War? Cos I can't.
Yes, they did play their part, just like the Australians, Indians and French resistence did. But that is all my friends.

Offline pugg666

• Silver Member
« Reply #89 on: December 08, 2001, 07:33:00 PM »
Operation Market Garden.
A failed attempt, but a near miss. I would put this down as an American led operation as they were the dominant force by far.

I left out the Battle of France because that was very unsuccessful as opposed to Operation Market Garden and Invasion of Italy which were very nearly successful. Invasion of Italy did in fact succeed a little later on, in fact.

first of all market garden was a campaign designed and lead by the british,and might i add LOST(post nijmegen bridge crossing after the yanks had secured it, british overnight halt ring a bell?)which puts you down by one on the score board for losing so many of your own troops, but also another point for what the british high command did to the Polish paras.

and another point lost for the british desisive defeat in the french campaign brings you down to, what, zero?

a score board isn't going to help your point any.it just points out your lack of knowledge of combat, tactics and strategy. AND your total lack of comprehension that the winning side is the one that is lucky enough to hang on long enough to survive and actually hold onto something worth dying for.

do YOU remember Dieppe?