Author Topic: Maybe a Major Ground battle  (Read 1989 times)

Offline grnhornt

• Zinc Member
Maybe a Major Ground battle
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2003, 08:13:42 AM »
I think a tank battle would be a nice change of pace. Nothing beats a good old fashion stand off.:)  I think it's a good idea, even if alot of people down it.

Sarge I know exactly where you are. I live in Southern Jersey but work in North East Philly. Always nice to meet up with East Coast boys.

68Hornet <>:aok

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2003, 11:12:48 AM »
Kursk maybe one day but Battle of the Bulge is alittle closer to our present plane/vehicle set.

Having said that present planning shows

Ruhr in Feb (no vehicles)

Kurland in May (vehicle content)

Possibly  BoB in August (No vehicles)

Bulge would be neat in November..........maybe (someone may want to do Pearl or something for then)
Ludere Vincere

Offline Sarge1

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/soundpge/index.html
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2003, 11:38:20 AM »
I know you roooster.. hmmmm where ya from rookie..lol

Offline Sarge1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2003, 09:50:45 AM »
there will be some gv fun sat in CAp at 5pm for assignments and 530pm start

Offline BlkKnit

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2003, 10:16:55 AM »
May not be a lot of GV guys out there, but there are plenty who like killin GV's.

something I been toying with here, as a S. O. sort of thing has this little bit in it.

*  All pilots will begin in aircraft, but GV's will be available to spawn at the 45 -60 minute mark for use by any pilots who were shot down or arrived to the event late.  Side Commanders should be aware of this situation and plan accordingly.

I would not likely submit it for use, as it does NOT fit in the current SO guidelines at all.  Mostly I was playing with rules set ups to see how it would all work out.  The timeframe is for a 2 hour event, so as a scenario it would probably be different.

Once a Knight is Never Enough

Offline Sarge1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2003, 09:35:06 AM »
was thinking like in early midway. before major battle they had landings, you could set up map rooms/ with one rearm pad at many different parts of island and have ijn lvts with troops invading islandand Destoyers near island shelling.  and trying to capture as much as they can to take over island , we can try to racapture it in m3 with one machine gun could make it a troops fight in a way.. would  make it troops lvt and m16 battles to keep island from take over. Since they did not have any planes to use but 6 i think when japan attacked it. Sb's set to a smaller setting to make it like the small gun  3in or 5 in. forgot what it was off hand.. they had on island attacking ships, and landing craft. tons of troops/ ships and gvs to shoot at all the time. was thnking about one like that to keep it a gv for gv guys to have some fun. AH two will be good for this since we could have the trees and brush to hide behind also.. this way it would not be open ground like in AH now. tanks werent used ... could be antoher d day invasion shooting at troops running and trying to get rid of landing craft .

Offline afool

• Zinc Member
Not a tank battle...
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2003, 06:14:44 PM »
But now bout Operation Jublee?
The test for Overlord at Dieppe.

For the GV types
LVT's, shore guns, battle fleet,

For the fighter types,
Spit V's -vs- FW 190's,
The introduction of the Tiffe,
Recon mustangs,