Author Topic: I like this.  (Read 3949 times)

Offline wolf37

• Copper Member
I like this.
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2000, 03:52:00 PM »
hi all:

well I got tiered of reading this, so I did not read it all. so I will respound to blooms tread.

bloom, in WWII, the bombers did not fly fast enough to worry abouit the bomb hitting the belly of the plane when releasted. I know some guys that skydived out of a B26, they exited out the bomb bay doors. now going on the fact that a person is lighter then the bombs, you would think they might bounce off the belly of the plane, nope. they have the same forward motoin of the plane till they are out of the plane, and seeing how's they drop 34 ft the first second, that is more then enough time with the forward movement on exit of the plane. well thats all I wanted to say.

------------------
wolf37
C.O.
THUNDER BIRDS

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
I like this.
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2000, 01:04:00 AM »
Wolf, I'm not talking about hitting the belly of the plane per say.  What I was talking about was caused by the airflow under the wings.  When the bomb was released, it would skip like a rock across a pond a few feet under the aircraft.  This created a potential for disaster.

------------------
bloom25
THUNDERBIRDS

Offline juzz

• Copper Member
      • http://nope.haha.com
I like this.
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2000, 05:12:00 AM »
How about making the bombsight a little more real, eg: have to aim it like a real tachometric sight and not the idiot-proof CCIP vector sight it is now...

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
I like this.
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2000, 07:27:00 AM »
Heavier cloud layers and a "fighter town" arena.

Problem solved

SKurj

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
I like this.
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2000, 07:36:00 AM »
"fighter town arena."

Swell! lets do another FANTASY arena like the main arena we got now instead of making an 2 sided axis vs allies arena.

------------------
AH : Maniac
WB : -nr-1-
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

-lazs-

I like this.
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2000, 08:01:00 AM »
maniac... ANYTHING would be better than a 2 sided axis vs allied arena.
lazs

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
I like this.
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2000, 08:07:00 AM »
No no no... ANYTHING would be better then ANOTHER FANTASY ARENA <G>

------------------

UncleBuck

I like this.
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2000, 11:39:00 AM »
I have a question.  what model of B-17 is portrayed in AH?  the B-17G had a maximum ceiling of 35,600 feet (Aircraft of WWII Stewart Wilson) and the Lancaster had a ceiling of 24,500 feet (same Source).  Why not just put in the realistic ceiling limits on the Aircraft.  Now in the case of the B-17 I am sure that the 35,600 foot figure was not with a full bombload.  Also since you can vary your load out in AH why not make the ceiling comply also?  If you carry a max or overloaded load you can not go as high.  As for Accuracy make the bombs toggle off in Salvos and base dispersion on the time of drop.  Four bombs do not drop simultaneously so the bombs hit in an area of 1 or two seconds per salvo.  I have not flown in AH yet, awaiting more Ram, but I have flown FA quite a great deal.  the modeling of the bomb drop is quite good as is the blast effects.  Just an Idea from an outsider trying to get in.

UncleBuck

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
I like this.
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2000, 12:09:00 PM »
Don't think you quite get it Maniac..

A lot of the fighter jocks, don't want strategic elements to worry about.  They want the fighter v fighter, without worrying about bases, ostwinds, and the like.
A small arena of say 50 client maximum size with multiple countries, 2,3 or 4 it doesn't matter, based on a small map would more than likely satisfy these players.
Permit unlimited side changes, so that players can balance the teams.
An AvA style might work, as I'm sure the LW's all feel they wanna prove something +) (just fighters though, no eggs or rockets)

Just an idea

SKurj

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
I like this.
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2000, 12:14:00 PM »
I understand your point entirely now Graywolf.  It would definitely be interesting to be able to do this.  I guess if we could get more than one gunner it would work great.  Hint hint HT!!  

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
I like this.
« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2000, 12:41:00 AM »
"A lot of the fighter jocks, don't want strategic elements to worry about. They want the fighter v fighter, without worrying about bases, ostwinds, and the like."

Ya the strategic elements in the current main is really complex.

Bleh!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Maniac (edited 11-08-2000).]

-lazs-

I like this.
« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2000, 08:44:00 AM »
maniac... not comples, just intrusive in the wrong way.   Log on for an hour or so and because some "spoiler" Is willing to suicide his buff or waste his time and pinpoint bomb (of all things) airfields and radar from very high alts... The fighter war is affected... The fighter pilots that don't care about anything but a good fight that is within reasonable distance get discouraged, action wanes, and animosity forms.

If, OTOH, the bomber war was more realistically centered on industry and cities then the war could be declared "won" at some point without affecting the fighter war and alienating players.
lazs

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
I like this.
« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2000, 08:53:00 AM »
Well to be honest i would never pay 29$ an month for djust an big furball when i can have that for free with airstarts and all in the h2h arenas.

Regards.

------------------

Offline CJ

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/typhoonc77
I like this.
« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2000, 10:05:00 AM »
What about making the bombers historically accurate.  This would necessitate large formations of bombers to have a chance of success.  With a limited player base like in Aces High, this severely limits large formations UNLESS we had automated bombers.  This could be done by allowing each bomber pilot lead say... 3 other automated bombers in a formation.  The 3 otto bombers would do their best to keep up with the lead plane, and would hold a decent formation, and drop with relatively good historical accuracy.  The other 3 planes would have otto gunners with accuracy that mirrors the human controlled gunnery statistics of AH.  This would bring large formations of bombers to AH, and still allow the effectiveness and sense of accomplishment to bomber pilots WITHOUT having super accurate bombing computers, that somehow negate the effects of turbulence (which there would be in real life, and which would randomize the drop.  

To do this, bombers with simplified flight models could be programmed to follow the leader.  The leader could select different numbers of bombers for his flight depending on a) the type of airfield he flew from, b) the status of that field with respect to damage, c) relative numbers of players for his country.  This would allow large stratiegic formations from rear bases, and smaller tactical strikes from front bases.  Also, if a side was outnumbered, they would be allowed more bombers to help keep the balance even.  Experimentation in the game could be used to determine a fair (bomber formation modifier) to compensate for being outnumbered 2 to one or 1.5 to one.  Maybe it could simply be based on number of aircraft int he air at a given time for each country, so that it would balance out any formation death staring that could occur.  

Anyway.. this was just a brain storm.. what do you guys think?

CJ

-lazs-

I like this.
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2000, 08:44:00 AM »
maniac, i don't see your point.   I am asking bombers to bomb historical targets in a realistic way and affect the war in a realistic manner.   Jabo would still exist as would the ground war..  Far from "one big furball" that you predict.   As it is most have no idea what some lone suicide bomber is doing untill their, or the enemy's fields are  made useless in some manner or they have no radar or targets.  

But... what is it that you want?
lazs