Author Topic: Need Medical Advice  (Read 3051 times)

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
Need Medical Advice
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2003, 10:00:44 PM »
I think you should, in all seriousness, sneak across the border and bring her to an American facility.  They will put her in an actual room and may be able to help her.  AB for a virus, indeed.

I am glad she is better, in any case, good luck!

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Need Medical Advice
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2003, 10:39:55 PM »
Glad to hear it SirLoin. :)

Now that that seems to be cleared up.  

Originally posted by Ripsnort
Theres a long, unfinished bridge between "some of the best" and "the best".  Socialized medicine is not a bridge builder in this regard, but lets save it for a topic outside of Sirloins problem.

Just couldn't let it ****ing go eh?  Just had to try and get one more dig in.

Listen here you so-and-so.  I was't the (fil in the blank) that started this crap by posting in a thread like this that someone might not be getting he best help.  Your comment was stuipid, useless and IMO completely out of place.  Now you want to take the "moral high gound" after you fled it to begin with?  I don't think so.

For your information the WTO ranks Canada as having the 17th best health care in the world, and the US at 34th we do it half the cost.  Our population is healthier, has a lower infant mortality rate, and is longer lived.  

So don't you tell me about how our health care sucks compare to the US, it doesn't, it's better, cheaper, and the statitics prove it.

Now you can drop it.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2003, 10:42:18 PM by Thrawn »

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
Need Medical Advice
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2003, 11:09:59 PM »
The WTO is crap, my friend, and the sooner you realize that, the sooner you will be on the road to enlightenment.

Sorry for the hijack, but your problem is a perfect example of the issue:  Can't get an appointment, can't get a diagnosis, can't get a ROOM fer christ's sake.

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
Need Medical Advice
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2003, 11:16:50 PM »
I'm sure he can get her a room in hospital in US, question is, does he have a house to mortage to pay for it 2 days of rest and 3 pills ?

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
Need Medical Advice
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2003, 11:23:35 PM »
Here is the thing about US hospitals:  They treat you, fix you up and then try and make you mortgage the house.  Personally, I will take the treatment and the bills, rather than lie in a hallway without a diagnosis, but that is just me.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Need Medical Advice
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2003, 12:25:57 AM »
Originally posted by Gadfly
The WTO is crap, my friend, and the sooner you realize that, the sooner you will be on the road to enlightenment.

WHO.  And what about thier system for ranking countries health care systems?  And what about it exactly is lacking.  What system do you use to compare health care systems of differing countries?

Sorry for the hijack, but your problem is a perfect example of the issue:  Can't get an appointment, can't get a diagnosis, can't get a ROOM fer christ's sake.

People aren't left in stretchers in US hosipitals?

Response time is just one criteria for measuring a health care system.  

As far as anectdotal evidence is concerned.  A friend of mine was in a car accident in the US.  He went into shock, he got taken to a hosipital he was treated immediately by a doctor, the doctor asked him three questions, charged him $600 USD, for the privledge and let him go.  When he got back to Canada he started having back problems, apparently he had a hair line fracture in his spine.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2003, 12:35:56 AM by Thrawn »

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Need Medical Advice
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2003, 12:54:30 AM »
Don't blame the Hospitals or Doctors for the high cost of medical treatment, blame the greedy lawyers who can't wait to run to court sueing the crap outta them for every minor excuse they can come up with, real or imagined.  Maybe throw in some blame for the people who are hiring the lawyers, and the asnine juries handing out incredibly ridiculous judgements.

dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
Need Medical Advice
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2003, 02:16:36 AM »
just to through out an interesting statistic I heard the other day.

in the US, in 1980 (right about the start of hmo's and 'managed health care').  you had 1 person doing clerical work (filing, billing and processing claims, not normal chart keeping and records related more to your health than colecting money) for every 10 'hands on' health care professionals (dr's, nurses, orderlys, whatever),  now it's close to 11 procesing claims for every 10 hands on.

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Need Medical Advice
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2003, 04:32:41 AM »
ahhh sirloin!!!!!1

my first guess wa slyme diseas too..nasty thing..

then omg!!.gohnorresaa...LMFAo..atleast now i can joke about it...bumpy lip loin....hehhee

and ..

Canada medicine??

Doesnt teh USA drug comapanies devolop the MAjority of the Worlds medicines??

Love
BiGB
xoxo

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
Need Medical Advice
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2003, 07:45:30 AM »
ya know.....we are all the same....we just do things differently

Rip thinks his country has THE best.....its ok....they are very good....at least he believes in something good.

we believe we have the best.....so it's a matter of opinion is all.

everytime i got sick....i got cured.....in my book....thats what counts.....all else is secondary.

SirLoin my friend......glad your wife is OK....thats what counts:aok

Thrawn.....don't make me write some watermelon about the WAITING we have here.....I got a couple of good 8hrs of waiting stories:eek:

and RIP.....US medicine = money......then sickness...priorities are fugged

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Need Medical Advice
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2003, 07:48:51 AM »
Originally posted by SLO

and RIP.....US medicine = money......then sickness...priorities are fugged

not true. You can get medical treatment at a Level 1 Trauma center hospitals (Which have the worlds best surgeons/doctors working there) in the U.S.  My wife sees homeless patients all day long, repeat drug overdoses, etc.  Its all on the tax payers dime.

Matter of fact, they have one guy they call "Odie"...he's cost the Seattle tax payers about 1.1 million dollars in the last two years,...4 drug overdoses, combined with resescitating him back to life, and long stays in the hospital.  

Its a federal law called "The good Samaritan Law".
« Last Edit: November 18, 2003, 07:51:39 AM by Ripsnort »

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
Need Medical Advice
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2003, 08:22:55 AM »
sorry...i just find it pointless arguing over something like this....

I'm sure your wife is doin a fine job rip....my hats off to any Doctor....in any country....its just a damn tough field to be in.

I'm just glad Sirloins wife is doin good....:cool:

and see...this is what i like about our COUNTRIES......if they couldn't find the problem....hop skip over the boarder and voila....help from our EVIL american friends:rofl

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
Need Medical Advice
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2003, 10:08:11 AM »
Glad to hear the wife is doing well.

Shame on Rip for going off topic...c'mon...does it really kill you to have a thread not all about you?  :rolleyes:

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
Need Medical Advice
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2003, 10:36:37 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort

Matter of fact, they have one guy they call "Udie"...he's cost the Seattle tax payers about 1.1 million dollars in the last two years,...4 drug overdoses, combined with resescitating him back to life, and long stays in the hospital.  

I thought he lived in Texas?