Author Topic: Tracers  (Read 380 times)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Tracers
« on: November 19, 2003, 09:37:45 AM »
Let me preface by saying my eyesight aint the world's best.

It appears to me that all tracers take the same trajectory and arc, despite the ammo loadout of the plane I'm in. Granted, I fly the Typhoon a lot, but put me in a Fw109 A8 and the 30mm cannon round tracers appear no differently than the MG tracers. Simply logic suggests the 30 mm's are gonna drop like bowling balls while MG rounds take a much flatter path. Do tracers mimic the same trajectory of the specific ammo, or just indicate a "general" ammo stream?

DmdMax
The Damned MkXX

Offline MOSQ

• Silver Member
Tracers
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2003, 11:03:55 AM »
DMax,
I don't know. I always fly with tracers turned off. It is harder at first, but will improve your shooting skill once you get used to it, and doesn't warn the enemy of your presence or that you are close to a gun solution as quickly.

The best way to really see the differences in weapons is to practice offline using the .target xxx command. This will set up a target at range xxx from you due North. Fire at it and see where your cannon shells land and your mg bullets. Memorize where on your gunsight you have to have your target to hit dead center for each range.

To clear the target each time (put up a fresh target) use the command .target 0. Then a new .target xxx.

It's also expalined at the http://www.netaces.org website.