Author Topic: Drugs kill!  (Read 8323 times)

Offline -Concho-

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Drugs kill!
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2003, 08:22:34 PM »
Originally posted by miko2d
It's easier to harass inoffensive drug posessors or people not wearing seatbelts, then tackle real criminals or terrorists.

Policemen may be greedy and lazy and even stupid (after significant lowering of their test standards related to accusations of racial discrimination), but they are not that stupid.

We are bound to pay taxes for their salaries and retirement but we have no say in what they do, so why would they bother? It's not private enterprise that has to provide value to the customer.

I saw a TV interview with a policewoman at a Marijuana supporters gathering in New York. She was asked "would you rather stay here and try to catch a guy with a joint, or be out there chasing the terrorists".

The stupid ***** looks right into the camera and says she would much rather be here away from danger. Saw it with my own eyes!

miko

call us what you want to miko. you world is a safer place because of people like me.  how can you take your opinion of police based on an interview with one police officer?  in every outfit your going to have people that arent that gung ho, it's up to the rest of us to take up thier slack.

what kind of job do you have?  is it a safe eviroment?  

you have total and complete control over your police force if you are a voter.  change comes through effort, if you don't like it get off your bellybutton and change it.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Drugs kill!
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2003, 09:31:54 PM »
Concho,

Don't worry about miko, he's a troller and the sky is always falling around him. :rolleyes:
He spouted off and made a grand generalization about all cops after watching a tv show. Like he has the REAL idea about law enforcement. Next he'll tell us the lack of a gold standard is because of bad cops. :rolleyes:
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline -Concho-

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Drugs kill!
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2003, 10:22:51 PM »
No doubt Maverick.  <>

Offline Capt. Pork

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Drugs kill!
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2003, 11:07:15 PM »
Originally posted by -Concho-
call us what you want to miko. you world is a safer place because of people like me.  how can you take your opinion of police based on an interview with one police officer?  in every outfit your going to have people that arent that gung ho, it's up to the rest of us to take up thier slack.

what kind of job do you have?  is it a safe eviroment?  

you have total and complete control over your police force if you are a voter.  change comes through effort, if you don't like it get off your bellybutton and change it.

Concho, so you're a cop, but a Hell's Angel to boot? Is that common?

Offline Ripper29

• Nickel Member
Drugs kill!
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2003, 11:09:26 PM »
Originally posted by Manedew
ya good work ... and you wonder why you get called pigs.....

and you wonder why you get called *******

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
Drugs kill!
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2003, 11:18:32 PM »
<> Concho, Maverick and Dune. I believe you all fight the good fight and without people like you we'd be less of a society.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Drugs kill!
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2003, 11:28:45 PM »
Originally posted by miko2d
It's easier to harass inoffensive drug posessors or people not wearing seatbelts, then tackle real criminals or terrorists.

Policemen may be greedy and lazy and even stupid (after significant lowering of their test standards related to accusations of racial discrimination), but they are not that stupid.

We are bound to pay taxes for their salaries and retirement but we have no say in what they do, so why would they bother? It's not private enterprise that has to provide value to the customer.

I saw a TV interview with a policewoman at a Marijuana supporters gathering in New York. She was asked "would you rather stay here and try to catch a guy with a joint, or be out there chasing the terrorists".

The stupid ***** looks right into the camera and says she would much rather be here away from danger. Saw it with my own eyes!

miko

huh? :confused:
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Capt. Pork

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Drugs kill!
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2003, 11:37:49 PM »
Originally posted by Airhead
<> Concho, Maverick and Dune. I believe you all fight the good fight and without people like you we'd be less of a society.

You're right for the most part, Airhead. 95% of cops fight the good fight and we could not live the way we do without them. The other 5% it seems, were somehow placed (by some higher power) in Los Angeles County. While living there a few years ago I was harassed twice. Once for walking up Sunset BLVD in the Palisades at 3 in the morning, from the local Vons Supermarket to my apartment and the second time while riding in the back seat of a car that got pulled over fir a traffic violation. The first time the bastard spent 10 minutes questioning myself and my two buddies on why we were there, who we were, where we'd gone to highschool and other banalities. While I don't blame his vigilance(since it was late and we were three very young guys strolling around in a nice neighborhod), his attitude totally sucked. We were cooperating to the best of our abilities, were sober, and he still threatened to "get out of his car" after my friend answered the question of where he went to high school with: 'I graduated two years ago', and then, before finally pulling away, he actually made us thank him for the trouble of stopping us. He was older, bald and very pissed to be alive. We agreed that the most unlucky person in the world was the guy's poor wife.

The second time I got pulled out of the backseat and forced to do a field sobriety test because I didn't have a seatbelt on. It was a younger cop this time, and he claimed that I was 'giving him s**t' when he shined his light into my eyes through the backwindow. All I'd done was put my palm up to block the beam. Nevertheless, I told him that I wasn't giving him any s**t, that I respected his position and the work he did. After that he shook my hand and calmed down.

There is nothing scarier than a cop that's abusing his power. In my mind, that rare creature is nothing but a thug in uniform, paid and protected by the state. To the rest of the guys, like the plain-clothes officer who helped me push my dead truck through a nasty intersection last winter, and the guys who each day put themselves on the line defending lives of people who are often unworthy of such defense, salutes are most definately in order.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2003, 11:40:41 PM by Capt. Pork »

Offline Ripper29

• Nickel Member
Drugs kill!
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2003, 11:38:25 PM »
Originally posted by Ripper29
Originally posted by Manedew
ya good work ... and you wonder why you get called pigs.....

and you wonder why you get called *******

I guess that I can't use that term here.

Your reference to the Police Officers who stopped to offer assistance to a "stranded motorist", who is stupid enough to swallow a plastic baggie filled with pot, speaks to your lack of understanding of the big picture here.  Cops don't make the law, the idiots you elected did (so in reality you did).  

I take offense to the term "Pigs", I will tell you here and now that I am currently a serving police officer, for 23 years  I have served my community with pride and have seen things that would make most people turn away or cower in fear.  I have risked my life for those that are unable or unwilling to take a stand and never given it a second thought.  I have served my country in a mission in a foreign country, as a police officer, to make life better for the people there.

Don't blame the copper for this idiots own demise, perhaps it’s the dope he has been smoking.

If you want to continue to call Police Officers "pig's" then you can kiss my prettythang

Offline Ripper29

• Nickel Member
Drugs kill!
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2003, 11:45:01 PM »
Originally posted by Capt. Pork
[While living there a few years ago I was harassed twice. Once for walking up Sunset BLVD in the Palisades at 3 in the morning, from the local Vons Supermarket to my apartment and the second time while riding in the back seat of a car that got pulled over fir a traffic violation.

On a lighter side  :D

This was taken from a "Community Policing" question and answer via an e-mail forum in California.

The question was:

"I would like to know how it is possible for police officer to harass people and get away with it? And where can you go for help, other than a civil attorney?"

And the answer was:

"It is not easy. In California we average one cop for every 2000 people. About 60% of those cops are on patrol, where we do most of the harassing. One-fifth of that 60% are on duty at any moment and available for harassing people. So, one on duty cop is responsible to harass about 10,000 residents. When you toss in the commercial, business, and tourist locations that attract people from other areas, sometimes you have a situation where a single cop is responsible to try to harass 20,000+ people a day.

A ten hour shift runs 36,000 seconds. This gives a cop only one second to harass a person, and three-fourths of a second to eat a donut AND find a new person to harass. This is not an easy task. Most cops are not up to it day in and day out. It is just too tiring.

Since you now understand why we cannot harass everyone let me explain briefly what we do to utilize some special "tools" to help us narrow down who we harass, so we can focus our limited "harassing resources" to those most worthy individuals. They are as follows:

The Phone:
People will call us up and point out things that cause us to focus
on another person for special (concentrated) harassment. "My ex-husband just beat me and my boyfriend up and he is barricaded in the bedroom with our baby and a gun, or "My neighbor is beating up his wife and she is screaming for help" are a couple code phrases that are frequently employed. Then we come out and give special harassment to the wife beater. Another popular one on weekends is "My neighbors are out of town and their kids are having a loud party."

Cars:
We have special cops assigned to harass people who drive; They usually ride motorcycles so they can get around fast or cut through traffic to harass as many people as possible in their given shift. They like to harass the drivers of fast cars, cars blasting music, cars with expired registration tabs, and the like. It is lots of fun when we pick them out of traffic for nothing more obvious then running a red light, going around railroad crossing arms, or driving 20+ MPH over the posted limit in a school zone. Sometimes we get to really heap the harassment on when we find they have drugs in their car, are driving drunk, are unlicensed or have an arrest warrant!

Runners:
Some people take off running at the mere sight of a uniformed police officer. Nothing is quite as satisfying as running after them like a trained
beagle on the scent of a bunny. When we catch them, gosh darn it if there isn't always some good reason to harass them for hours!

Codes:
When we can think of nothing else to do, there are books that give us
ideas for reasons to harass folks. They are called Codes, Penal, Vehicle, Health and Safety, Business and Professions... They each spell out all sorts of silly things for which we can really mess with people. After we study these code books, we can just drive around for a while until we find someone violating one of the listed offenses and heap on the harassment! Just last week I saw a guy smash several car windows right in front of me. Well, believe it or not, one of the code books says that is not allowed. That meant I automatically got to harass this guy...of course he didn't like it, because just when I got done harassing him, the jail deputies harassed him and that will likely continue until the judge harasses him, then he will probably be harassed by a probation officer for the next couple of years. It is a pretty cool system that we have set up, and it works very well most of the time. We seem to have a never ending supply of folks to harass, and we "get away with it" because the good citizens pay the tab for us to keep the streets safe for them...and your civil attorney.

Next time you are in my town, give me a "single finger wave". That is a secret signal that you wish for me to take a closer look at you, and maybe find a reason to harass you.

Offline Capt. Pork

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Drugs kill!
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2003, 11:56:28 PM »
I dig the Orwell quote, it's a classic, but Caligula? I hear that dude was a little overboard for his favorite horse. :D

Offline Montezuma

• Silver Member
Drugs kill!
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2003, 12:02:46 AM »
Originally posted by -Concho-
I arrest people for possession all the time, not because I enjoy it but because its part of my job.  Take the law off the books if it's bad, it happens every leg. session.

In Caulifornia possession of an ounce or less is still illegal without a doctor's note, but it is a $100 ticket - maximum.  Also...

In any case in which a person is arrested for a violation of this subdivision and does not demand to be taken before a magistrate, such person shall be released by the arresting officer upon presentation of satisfactory evidence of identity and giving his written promise to appear in court, as provided in Section 853.6 of the Penal Code, and shall not be subjected to booking.

Ca. Health and Safety Code 11357
« Last Edit: November 21, 2003, 04:04:28 AM by Montezuma »

Offline Ripper29

• Nickel Member
Drugs kill!
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2003, 12:02:59 AM »
Apart from the "horse" thing.. you have to admire his thinking.....

Offline Capt. Pork

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Drugs kill!
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2003, 12:22:09 AM »
Originally posted by Ripper29
Apart from the "horse" thing.. you have to admire his thinking.....

He was an odd duck in many ways, but the quote was remarkably eloquent and sincere.

Offline -Concho-

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Drugs kill!
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2003, 12:54:07 AM »
Originally posted by Capt. Pork
Concho, so you're a cop, but a Hell's Angel to boot? Is that common?

The Hells Angels reference is to the Flying Tiger's AVG, not the organized crime m/c.  I do ride though.