Author Topic: GV collisions  (Read 541 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
GV collisions
« on: November 21, 2003, 01:03:59 PM »
Sorry this is a tad late but my hd crapped out and I just agot back online.

I was able to get my M3 stuck in a building. Away from the airfields you see those broken down farmhouses and barns. I was able to poke my bumper through the farmhouse and get stuck, couldn't reverse out of it.
I was also able to backup and through, although with some effort, a hanger at the airfield. Its the open hanger that is just a curved structure.
:(  Can't post the pictures but will send them to HTC so you can see it.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Shiva

• Silver Member
      • http://members.cox.net/srmalloy/
GV collisions
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2003, 12:15:15 AM »
Not stuck, but collision problems. Some of the tree clumps aren't as solid as they could be:

Also, I found a collision problem with the hill that the tower sits on. Start AHII, take the default field, fire up an M3, and drive out of the hangar. Angle right to go up the hill that the tower sits on, and drive along the right side of the tower, where you'll find yourself on a concrete path heading down off the hill. Angle a little left so that you're on the grass to the left when you reach the bottom of the hill where the concrete path crosses in front of you, and your M3 will come to a sudden stop. After you stop, you can continue driving in the same direction, but there does appear to be an invisible collision plane there. The problem doesn't seem to exist with other hills in the terrain, but is reproducible on the tower hill.

It's just a matter of taste, but I don't think that the little vegetation bitmaps -- the ones that look like clumps of grass sticking up, and are about 1/3 as high as an M3 -- should be 'solid'... there's not enough there visually to justify taking an M3 from 50mph to a dead stop instantly. I don't know if it's possible in AH2 to single out an individual type of ground clutter to be intangible, though.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2003, 12:29:39 AM by Shiva »

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
GV collisions
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2003, 12:31:33 PM »
Another thing on the hill under the tower, you can visually destroy it and leave the tower hanging in mid air. Even when it's destroyed though, you can still drive up it. It must be visually destroyed but not actually gone in the game for that to happen I guess.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54