Author Topic: Wit of the Week  (Read 236 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Wit of the Week
« on: December 05, 2001, 01:40:00 PM »
Hi all!

In another thread there was a short discussion on honoring the linguistically talented amongst us with a thread similar to Rude's "Whine of the Week".

This was generated by the excellent replies from Math and Laz in this thread:

Reference Thread

Math: I am not sure what it takes to be the number 1 squad in AH. I do know, however, that with that comes the ability and moral imperative (it seems) to perform exhibitionistic autofelatio on the BBS.

Laz: Help me figure this one out... Do LW planes cause arrogant, pompous, deluded and insecure people to gravitate toward them or... Does flying LW planes cause people to become arrogant, pompous, deluded and insecure? In all my years of flight sims, I have never figured this one out. I admit it..... I am stumped.

Now there's some good stuff!

Dubbed "Wit of the Week" for the obvious alliterative appeal, I'll scan the boards and post the same day (Wed) as Rude's offering.

This is not meant to offend or embarass anyone, merely to note the occasional well written comeback, put-down, cogent observation or humorous bit.

So, the first one goes to:

Reference Thread

myelo

To me, what's "friggin childish" is people that can't communicate respectfully when typing on the common radio channels.

I understand a player might feel the need to mutter certain phrases to their self when bested by an opponent of superior skill. But to take the time and effort to actually type this into the text buffer to share with everyone else would seem to require a level of intelligence somewhat less than a sponge with Alzheimer's.

Always willing to take nominations, so if you see something good, make sure to point it out!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline K West

• Silver Member
Wit of the Week
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2001, 01:44:00 PM »
lol at each of them. Good call and good award.  :)

westy

Offline mason22

• Gold Member
Wit of the Week
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2001, 02:04:00 PM »
Reality is an illusion, albeit a persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
Wit of the Week
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2001, 04:34:00 PM »
Bravo, great first choice!

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Wit of the Week
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2001, 04:37:00 PM »
Myelo Wins! (an FDB of course)... Congrats!
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.