Author Topic: Moderator  (Read 5719 times)

Offline Barney Fife

• Copper Member
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2003, 12:45:00 PM »

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2003, 12:50:40 PM »
Originally posted by Bulz
Umm, what's a "WOT"? hehehe..  Relax junior..

Wall of Text. I'm nice and relaxed Grampa, don't worry yourself too much about that.

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2003, 01:15:39 PM »
Originally posted by Bulz
Well for those who were on last night, some guy I never heard of before was a bit insulting to us "no life virtual reality players" while we have real people defending us in the armed forces..  Yes, I myself squelched him, but he was obvoiusly relentless in his attacks because of some of the replies I saw.  Crzhrs actually DEFNEDED his right to an opinion noting that he to had freedoms.. and crzhrs got warned...  Though this persons attacks on us were overboard, he never got muted at this time and crzhrs did?????  Hmmmm...  I have learned over time that there is a vast majority of us who are in fact VETS! (yes me included.. 6 yrs USN, Submarine service)...  So this individuals "attacks struck a raw cord with quite a few people.  I think Crzhrs point (which seems to be missed by most), is that the moderator did not agree with his position so told him to stop...  I find this an amusing Gestapo like tactic in exercising the mods power...

Bottom line, the abusive individual was allowed to ramble on... Crzhrs asked mod a question, stated his opinion (WITH NO ABUSIVE LANGUAGE!) and got muted.  That was totally uncalled for on the mods part...  I was there.. I saw the text buffer...  And I'm sure that HTC could verify this, however I doubt it will go any further than stopping this thread...  and actually I'm not sure they should go any further.  Let Crz vent.. he has just cause.. oh, and by the way.. I found out he too is a VET.

I tend to agree with Bulzeye here. If Crzhrs was muted then the individual who was instigating should have also been muted. This isnt the first time we have seen threads like this on the BBS. In fact, if I had been a moderator I would have booted the instigator last night, I found him very offensive.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2003, 01:29:35 PM »
Originally posted by Grizzly
No, but I think I can speak for the moderators. I have three years experience as one in another game, including being in charge of TOS enforcement. Many here have experience also and can vouch for what I say.
Yes, I for one can vouch for Grizzly, as I too was a 'moderator' of sorts in AW, though we weren't called that.  Unlike here, we were more of a 'visible presence' and made ourselves known when we were around.  I have no idea what training HTC moderators receive, but if it is anything like the training I received in AW, it will be pretty thorough.  I was not let loose in the arenas until my training was complete and I passed a final exam.  Even then, every action we took had to be fully documented and explained and anyone found misusing their authority was out pronto.  I imagine similar standards will be set here and have every confidence that they are.  Moderators are absolutely necessary and do a great job.  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2003, 02:01:23 PM »
Originally posted by Elfie
I tend to agree with Bulzeye here. If Crzhrs was muted then the individual who was instigating should have also been muted. This isnt the first time we have seen threads like this on the BBS. In fact, if I had been a moderator I would have booted the instigator last night, I found him very offensive.

Hmm, might have some merit...EXCEPT for the fact that the player was warned TWICE to stop what he was doing. You get warned...stop. You feel you have been unjustly treated...take it up with HTC. Bottomline, if the cop says "stop doing that" and you continue, whining about getting a flashlight upside your head is just plain silly :).

BTW Crzyhrs...this is the LAST place you should take this if you are trying to affect change. By doing it here...you simply come off as a whiner.
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2003, 04:00:07 PM »
Originally posted by LLv34 Jarsci
I got muted first time couple of days back by saying : " Golly-geeMIT what shot was that" when a NIKI shot me makign 9 gīs and climbing..

Then the hounds came... At channel 1 people started yelling : that for sure deserves to be muted... and w/o warning 10 minutes penalty..

Well what I wonder is that how in hell you cant stand normal language which didnīt involve body fluids, sexualism or other usually used vulgarities..???

Well, nowadays I just use Finnish to swear and I can lash my tongue as much as I want , and my pals have fun..

But still... Golly-geemit??? whats wrong about it..? I donīt go to the church, hope that pisses someone off too...

Can you teach me some Finnish cuss words?  The moderators seem to have started taking Spanish lessons lately

ack-ack
« Last Edit: November 25, 2003, 04:19:45 PM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline airbumba

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2003, 08:31:05 PM »
I can't stand that moderation crap!! I'm totally against it! I should be able to drink as much as I want, or can afford!!
I remember once, at a strip bar, while two for one shooter night , me and...............

oh, your not talking about drinking then?  Oh sorry, carry on, sorry.
I used to be a fatalist,
but that part of me died.

Offline Gwjr2

• Nickel Member
« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2003, 10:40:11 PM »
The Mods should not only mute for lang. but also your thoughts ... if you do something stupid and die then think about chan 1 ....BANG muted for 3 days no ifs or buts ( O crap gonna get a mute for that Butt )    :eek:

Hail to the mods and Crazychichen or whatever your name is  SHUTUP :p

And BTW......IN!
Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.

Offline LLv34 Jarsci

• Nickel Member
« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2003, 01:54:24 AM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
Can you teach me some Finnish cuss words?  The moderators seem to have started taking Spanish lessons lately

ack-ack

You have to hear them before you know how they are pronounced..

Word PERKELE is pretty known, its quite good. Germans during WW2 got cautious every time when they heard that (meant usually couple of drunken finnish soldiers having fun from their point of view..)

SAATANA ==devil (also perkele is about the same..)
VITTU = P*ssy literally, used like F.*.C.K
MULKKU = pr!ck
JUMALAUTA = Golly-geemit

Theres plenty of more, but using these and adding something to them gives you plenty to write on channel one..

Hehe, I donīt mind getting banned.. :cool:

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #69 on: November 26, 2003, 05:58:49 AM »
Help Help, I'm being repressed!

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: November 26, 2003, 08:23:58 AM »
".. and Crazychichen or whatever your name is SHUTUP"

I agree with that sentiment 100%. But here I was thinking "CrzHrs" stood for Crackz Hores.