Author Topic: How many people did Fidel Castro murder?  (Read 3598 times)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
How many people did Fidel Castro murder?
« on: November 26, 2003, 06:03:40 AM »
Fidel Castro came to power in 1959 and I'm curious if there is any decent data about the number of people his government has killed in Cuba to date? A breakdown by decade would be helpful, but is not required.

Anyone have an idea or could suggest a source?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2003, 06:11:08 AM by GRUNHERZ »

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2003, 06:27:21 AM »
Nah, this is out of fashion. WMDs are much better accusations lately ;).

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2003, 06:35:28 AM »
Originally posted by Hristo
Nah, this is out of fashion. WMDs are much better accusations lately ;).

I think US will liberate Cuba and bring freedom & democracy there, to reduce the amount of illegal immigrants from there.

Offline ravells

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2003, 06:37:08 AM »
Have you tried the Amnesty International website? Not sure if they keep stats there.

Ravs

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2003, 06:50:18 AM »
Originally posted by Fishu
I think US will liberate Cuba and bring freedom & democracy there, to reduce the amount of illegal immigrants from there.

Hmm, if the number of illegal immigrants is all important, shouldn't they liberate Mexico first ?

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2003, 08:11:36 AM »
what a troll.................
- TWBYDHAS

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2003, 08:36:32 AM »
When I was in high school, we were discussing the Bay of Pigs invasion and the Cuban Missile Crisis and such, and I asked him why we didn't follow through with the invasion of Cuba and put an end to Castro right then and there instead of having to deal with an unfriendly nation right off our shores.  His response was pretty basic: what's there that we would need to invade it?  The resources in Cuba can be found elsewhere.  Sugar, tobacco, even tourism can be found either in the US or in other Caribbean nations such as the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico.

And so we wait for the Cuban government to change on its own.

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2003, 09:18:09 AM »
You will not find honest data on that Groinhurtz... Cuba is too much of an isolationists government.  I am very curious to see what the next 5 years brings.  I figure Castro will finally kick the bucket before then.

MiniD

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2003, 09:24:03 AM »
Originally posted by gofaster
When I was in high school, we were discussing the Bay of Pigs invasion and the Cuban Missile Crisis and such, and I asked him why we didn't follow through with the invasion of Cuba and put an end to Castro right then and there instead of having to deal with an unfriendly nation right off our shores.  His response was pretty basic: what's there that we would need to invade it?  The resources in Cuba can be found elsewhere.  Sugar, tobacco, even tourism can be found either in the US or in other Caribbean nations such as the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico.

And so we wait for the Cuban government to change on its own.

Isn't Kennedy's Agreement with the former USSR the reason we never invaded?

Offline ygsmilo

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2003, 10:13:53 AM »
We have been selling commodities to the Cubans for the last 2 years,, and all I can say is that as soon as the good Comrade is gone you will see huge changes down there.

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2003, 10:20:25 AM »
While we are on the subject, I have a question. How many people where killed in the Dominican Republic by Trujillo and his US backed government before he was assasinated?

As for Cuba, there have been quite a few, but like MiniD said, its hard to know. Even if you found good data, you'd probably be disapointed. There have been quite a few executions, but most people in Cuba are suprisingly loyal to Fidel, as retarded as that may seem. And the ones who are not, do their best to leave the place in their not so luxurious yatchs.
By the way, Cuba is not as ****ed up as you'd believe. If you dont believe me, take a visit. But that is hard now, as the US government is making it incredibly hard now for students to go to Cuba.

Cuba is a simple place full of simple people. No one is starving, but no one has what we would consider material luxuries. Not even Fidel himself, except that he gets food prepared any time he wants.

The the old school looks of the place reflect its senile leader. For a good insight on present Cuba, watch Oliver's Stone recent documentary "El Comandante". Its interesting, and Fidel is surprisingly open to Oliver.
He does say a blatant lie in one part, when he claims no one has been tortured by his party.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2003, 10:32:55 AM by Animal »

Offline Krusher

• Gold Member
Re: How many people did Fidel Castro murder?
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2003, 11:05:09 AM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
Fidel Castro came to power in 1959 and I'm curious if there is any decent data about the number of people his government has killed in Cuba to date? A breakdown by decade would be helpful, but is not required.

Anyone have an idea or could suggest a source?

None, they were all criminals and traitors !

Offline Krusher

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2003, 11:24:59 AM »
Originally posted by Animal
Even if you found good data, you'd probably be disapointed. There have been quite a few executions, but most people in Cuba are suprisingly loyal to Fidel, as retarded as that may seem. And the ones who are not, do their best to leave the place in their not so luxurious yatchs.

I guess that explains why there are more Cubans in Miami than Havana.

Cuba is a simple place full of simple people. No one is starving, but no one has what we would consider material luxuries. Not even Fidel himself, except that he gets food prepared any time he wants.

Yea I guess it is not North Korea but would you move to the workers paradise??

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2003, 11:25:39 AM »
Qooooooooooba is #1 in Sustained Organic Commerical Farming.

Anyone else find that very interesting considering its' isolation from the almighty Monsantos and the Chemical lobby groups.:rolleyes:

GO Qoooooooooba, nice beaches Mank!:aok
« Last Edit: November 26, 2003, 11:28:30 AM by Torque »

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2003, 02:12:54 PM »
// counter troll mode on

it remind me of those poor Guantanamo(*) prisonner of the US capitalist pigs

// counter troll mode off

(*) who is the moron who named this place ? it's a spelling nightmare !