Author Topic: A Foolish President Bush  (Read 6914 times)

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
A Foolish President Bush
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2003, 10:07:48 PM »
IIRC, Bush was given 'extended leave' during his tour to assist in his brothers campaign.

Im sure I red that somewhere - although not on http://www.bushawol.com  :rolleyes:

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
A Foolish President Bush
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2003, 10:41:45 PM »
Your welcome Toad. I dont know..that one caught my eye..I really like it.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
A Foolish President Bush
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2003, 10:47:32 PM »
I favor the line with the cell phone myself.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Nordalin

• Zinc Member
A Foolish President Bush
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2003, 10:58:54 PM »
though i dont support Bush's rebuilding Iraq, i think it's good of him to spend Thanksgiving with the troops.  it means alot to soldiers to have their leader on the battlefield rather than cowering in a building in the security of their home country. *cough*like Clinton*cough*

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
A Foolish President Bush
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2003, 12:28:41 AM »
Publicity stunt and a class act thought.:aok
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline AKWeav

• Nickel Member
A Foolish President Bush
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2003, 12:30:36 AM »
How did you arrive at the assumtion that i was bashing Bush????

Your choice of words when you said:  
I call it a PR stunt for the troops and the folks at home. Prolly works to.
That implies a negitive image to assume that he only went there for PR.

Maybe, just maybe he did it to show his gratitude to the troops for the job they are doing, and to help keep their moral up. But like I said, some folks will bash the man no matter what he does.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
A Foolish President Bush
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2003, 12:36:16 AM »
Just earlier this week the lefties were bashing bush for not devoting attantion to the troops and instead attending fundraisers. Now Bush risks his security and to go to Baghdad and spend his Thanksgiving away from his familiy to be with the troops, and still the lefties are complaing....

Offline Manedew

• Silver Member
A Foolish President Bush
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2003, 04:02:22 AM »
Originally posted by whels
hmmm funny GWB served in Air National Guard..... hmmmm now where was it Clinton served?  let me thinkkkkkkkkkkkkk

NO where or in anything, he is/was the draft dodger

obviously the term 'daddy' draft doger was lost on you .... he was givin' a nice postion in the national guard (out of Houston I think) A postion almost impossible to get during Veitnam .... I wonder if daddy(Bush Sr.), head of the CIA, might have helped him get that spot ....

and Don't assume I like Clinton,  I've never voted democrat in my life....proably will this time around just to get rid of Bush....And well Dean's allright.

===

And Bush fan boy Martlet ... is that the best you got, To Imply I'm gay?... that i like ****?   ..Why, because I live in VT?.... that is what your saying by that ...no?   I found in my life most people who give crap about gay folks, alot, are gay themselves .. (most striaght people don't think about it that much)

Don't swing that way myself Martty .. but come up to VT .. sure I can hook you up with cute guy.  My one close freind, she's big into the Bi-lifestyle .. sure she could find you some friends .....

I know how you like that big cowboy Bush.... They proably got some country boys up here for you...

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
A Foolish President Bush
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2003, 04:06:03 AM »
"And well Dean's allright."

Not really, his economics are really scary he thinks higher taxes, more regulations and mandated higher wage levels will encourage economic growth.

Offline Manedew

• Silver Member
A Foolish President Bush
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2003, 04:08:56 AM »
allright doesn't mean perfect ... better than Bush by miles in my eyes

Why do you think I've never voted democrat before....?  I sure as hell didn't vote Republican...

I didn't want Gore as president ethir...

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
A Foolish President Bush
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2003, 04:15:56 AM »
Originally posted by Manedew
allright doesn't mean perfect ... better than Bush by miles in my eyes

That comparison is up to your personal choice of course.  However nobody has floored me on ecocomics as has Dean.  I sicererely hope he is deliberatly lying about his economic policies to attract left wingers because the last thing we need in this recovering economy is higher taxes, regulatory inefficiencies and the cost of reimplienting them and staffing new regulatory agencies. Now of course higer minimium wages are an emotinal subject but it is a fact that they increase unemployment - which is also bad.

Maybe he is strong in other areas, but he is one bad guy on economics if he is honest about his campaign promises.

Would you be willing to share where you prefer Dean to bush, perhaps issue by issue?

Offline Manedew

• Silver Member
A Foolish President Bush
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2003, 06:03:22 AM »
not going spend all morning looking at platforms .... but off the top of my head ...

He doesn't think we should be in Iraq ... and he says so.   Right now that's enough for me.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
A Foolish President Bush
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2003, 06:08:41 AM »
Originally posted by Manedew
not going spend all morning looking at platforms .... but off the top of my head ...

He doesn't think we should be in Iraq ... and he says so.   Right now that's enough for me.

Fair enough! Then vote that way.  However lets focus on that issue.  

Do you want us to pull out the second dean is elected?  

Would you take responsibility for the ensuing chaos?

What alternative is Dean proposing, if it is ot to simply pack up and leave?

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
A Foolish President Bush
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2003, 08:22:56 AM »
Grun, Laura found your posts highly entertaining last night. Keep up the good work. :)

Outta here for 9 days, off to Disney World! Cya!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2003, 08:52:48 AM by Ripsnort »

Offline DoctorYO

• Nickel Member
A Foolish President Bush
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2003, 09:00:25 AM »
This was the first intelligent thing this character has done in his tenure..

Morale is low in Iraq and this was a definite boost...

And he was smart by doing it the way he did.  No press until hes out and back torward the USA....

Normally im very critical of his actions, but this was the first honorable thing the guy has done so props to him.. (breaks fingers on the keys.. now..)

2 cents

DoctorYo