Author Topic: A Foolish President Bush  (Read 7177 times)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
A Foolish President Bush
« Reply #75 on: November 28, 2003, 12:22:28 PM »
Originally posted by Pongo
BTW as a former soldier who served overseas which most of our heros here can not attest too.
I think it was a publicity stunt. But that regardless of how they feel about Bush and the invasion. Many of the troops would be uplifted by the visit.  Its probably all the rage arround the barracks..

I applaud your service to your country. I served also and with many years overseas as well. I don't presume to speak for anyone other than myself. It wasn't me claiming that 99% of my countrymen agreed with my viewpoint.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
A Foolish President Bush
« Reply #76 on: November 28, 2003, 12:26:19 PM »
Originally posted by AKIron
I applaud your service to your country. I served also and with many years overseas as well. I don't presume to speak for anyone other than myself. It wasn't me claiming that 99% of my countrymen agreed with my viewpoint.

Here's another vet  that agrees with your viewpoint.  That's two.

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
A Foolish President Bush
« Reply #77 on: November 28, 2003, 12:31:18 PM »
Were you in the Navy AKiron? You had to  shower with men then?

Cool.

Offline mauser

• Nickel Member
A Foolish President Bush
« Reply #78 on: November 28, 2003, 12:32:10 PM »
Although I was a little skeptical when Bush was elected (I didn't vote for either of the big ticket candidates), this was an excellent display of support from the Commander In Chief.  The sentiments garnered by this event were not surprising.  Indeed it was the first thought in my mind after learning about the event on NBC - just like the carrier visit it would be labeled as "grandstanding," or a mere publicity stunt.  However, after seeing the reactions of the servicemen and women who were there, it did seem that they, at least, appreciated the gesture.  This sentiment is repeated in the other forums I frequent, which are populated by those who have been and those who still are in the service.  

This event, as well as the story which aired on NBC about the Iraqi baby who underwent surgery in Israel for a fatal condition, has left me particulary upbeat today.  

mauser

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
A Foolish President Bush
« Reply #79 on: November 28, 2003, 12:38:16 PM »
I would just like to add nothing here.

Thank You.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
A Foolish President Bush
« Reply #80 on: November 28, 2003, 12:57:55 PM »
Originally posted by Creamo
Were you in the Navy AKiron? You had to  shower with men then?

Cool.

Sorry Creamo, Air Force, no naked men in shower pics for you. I hear you can find 'em on the web tho.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
A Foolish President Bush
« Reply #81 on: November 28, 2003, 01:14:12 PM »
Originally posted by muckmaw
Was'nt Hillary in Iraq at the same time?

Ooops...guess she lost the front page, huh?

Way to stick it to her, Dubya.

God, it must suck to be a Bush Hater today.
No... Hillary was in Afghanistan.

MiniD

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
A Foolish President Bush
« Reply #82 on: November 28, 2003, 01:57:31 PM »
Originally posted by Rude
My Canadian friends have filled me in....they said those who live in the East of your country are mostly of french origin and had their balls removed at birth....were they close?

I'm afraid your friends have misinformed you.  Although there is a large number of francaphones in New Brunswick that are decendants of the Acadians, certainly most of the Maritimes are decended from Scots, English, Irish and United Empire Loyalist stock.

And they are no more or less brave than any other Canadian.  Same with those Canadians that live in British Columbia.

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
A Foolish President Bush
« Reply #83 on: November 28, 2003, 02:22:49 PM »
Originally posted by Creamo
Gee, ya think?

Yeah, I think Packer fans are lower than liberals on the food chain.

Here are Liberals celebrating victory over the Packers.

"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
A Foolish President Bush
« Reply #84 on: November 28, 2003, 02:46:48 PM »
Originally posted by Pongo
Ya but did they tell you whether the east was left or right? lol
Look up where Victoria BC is..you will be reasured that I have all my parts I guess.

Go to the scores page and see. I fly under the handle "pongo"
I know its kind of tricky.

And you used the term Joyride not me. puting words in peoples mouths might come easy to you but it is a form of dishonesty and says alot about you.

AKIron. I am not speaking for anyone. Do you believe that no Americans are against the invasion of Iraq, do you believe you speak for all americans?

And please. Cut the Bush was a hero to be to fly F102s(when he felt like it) in the national guard crap. It was a privilage. That he took advantage of and never paid the price for.

The above is what you said before....never said he was a hero...national guard crap? That mean all who serves in the guard are less in your opinion...clear it up for me and the others.

Me thinks you just have a hardon for Bush and that you like to argue...I even believe you may not like me much, which speaks volumes as to what kind of person you may be....ya see, unlike you, I realize that I don't even know you...I respond only to the typed words on this puter and reserve judgement on you personally until I meet you.

I disagree with you in principle....I still am not aware of why you hold these views and seem to be so upset over Bush...care to explain?

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
A Foolish President Bush
« Reply #85 on: November 28, 2003, 02:49:11 PM »
Originally posted by Thrawn
I'm afraid your friends have misinformed you.  Although there is a large number of francaphones in New Brunswick that are decendants of the Acadians, certainly most of the Maritimes are decended from Scots, English, Irish and United Empire Loyalist stock.

And they are no more or less brave than any other Canadian.  Same with those Canadians that live in British Columbia.

Offline Torvald

• Zinc Member
Chiming in!
« Reply #86 on: November 28, 2003, 03:02:07 PM »
While I do not agree with everything Bush has done since being elected, I do agree with what he has done here. Took courage. To those of you who would wish to take this opportunity to bash Bush for whatever reason, well I just want to say the following;

Oh, be sure to hit the print button, you'll need this later.

Get on a plane and travel to Anchorage.  In the center of town you will find a small fish market called "Abe's Cods."   Go inside ask for Nilvana. Tell him you need transport to the sacred place; he'll understand.  While he makes the arrangements you'll need to get your hands on a diving bell and two stout men to work the bellows.  Return to the harbor and Nilvana will be waiting with the boat.  He will take you into the open area of the pacific, but trust his judgment.  When the time is right, descend into the icy water a distance of four hundred feet.  You will come across a large cave carefully hidden behind a reef, and inside there will be an open pocket of air for you to change back into your clothes.  Follow the cave, always taking the left path or you'll become trapped in a magma pocket.  After several miles you'll come across a bell; ring it three times.  At the sound, a horse will come, and he will transport you to the magical city.  That's where the people who care what you think live.  Good luck.

Offline yowser

• Copper Member
A Foolish President Bush
« Reply #87 on: November 28, 2003, 03:06:45 PM »
"....Why dont you fellas just be honest and put "I hate Bush and I will view everything he does through this prism of my prejudice against him and will reach the same conclusion every time - that he is evil and evrything he does is evil." Wouldnt that save you so much time?"

Or you could use that other "prism of prejudice":

"I simply adore Bush and I will view everything he does through this prism of my prejudice for him and will reach the same conclusion every time - that he is yummy and evrything he does is brilliant."

yowser

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
A Foolish President Bush
« Reply #88 on: November 28, 2003, 05:02:32 PM »
Originally posted by AKS\/\/ulfe
I'm curious what the visit by the US CinC does for morale of the troops?

Just asking, since it doesn't seem like a factor that would improve morale. Getting real cooked food every day, some beer, and a set of brand new body armor with invincibility mode certainly would be a morale booster for me... I just don't understand how the president does anything for morale?
-SW

Have you ever served?  If so than you may be the exception.  If not how can you guage what us troops are thinking/feeling.  I know that when I served If a vip came out to the field or somthing similar I thaught it was cool they were willing to get dirty or at least take the time to say hi.

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
A Foolish President Bush
« Reply #89 on: November 28, 2003, 05:31:43 PM »
Originally posted by Rude
My Canadian friends have filled me in....they said those who live in the East of your country are mostly of french origin and had their balls removed at birth....were they close?

Should someone tell Rude about how the term Acadian became the name Cajun?:p