Author Topic: What is your favorite plane in AH?  (Read 2008 times)

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
What is your favorite plane in AH?
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2003, 07:49:11 AM »
all of em:aok

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2003, 08:43:17 AM »
P-47D-11 for mid- to late-war, mainly because of its sentimental value (it was the plane that destroyed the Luftwaffe) and because it's a bit of a challenge to fly.  Seems I rarely get an opportunity to fly it, though.

Hurri I in early war, just because it's so much fun.

- oldman

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2003, 08:45:33 AM »
(a) BF109G10 with gondolas.  It looks evil and elegant, both at the same time.

(b) P51B, sometimes with 500 lbers if I want to practice my divebombing.  I like a challenge.  It also has the same sort of evil look to it as the G10.  I wish it had the Malcolm hood option, though.  I get tired of looking around panes but I don't want to join the legions of D-stang drivers.

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
Re: What is your favorite plane in AH?
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2003, 10:37:42 AM »
Originally posted by B17Skull12
and for what reason?:aok

Mine is 109G10
Reason:  1 of the only planes i can fly well in this game.  perfect plane for killin runstangs:D

Hey, this Pony don't run. I'd be happy to meet with you in the DA sometime, and pit my P51D against your G10 anytime. Seems the only way to get a decent 1vs1 these days, anyway:)

edit: I also love the B model for the way it handles. But its four guns aren't enough punch for my "spray 'n pray" gunnery style.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2003, 10:59:56 AM by slimm50 »

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: What is your favorite plane in AH?
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2003, 11:06:32 AM »
Originally posted by slimm50
edit: I also love the B model for the way it handles. But its four guns aren't enough punch for my "spray 'n pray" gunnery style.

Try the Yak-9U for a bit to learn how to measure your shots.  The Yak really forced me to improve my gunnery and the plane handles well enough that its fairly easy to get in close to your target and stay saddled with him.  After some Yak work, go back to the P-51B and you'll be surprised at how effective the B-stang can be.

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
Re: Re: Re: What is your favorite plane in AH?
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2003, 11:12:29 AM »
Originally posted by gofaster
Try the Yak-9U for a bit to learn how to measure your shots.  The Yak really forced me to improve my gunnery and the plane handles well enough that its fairly easy to get in close to your target and stay saddled with him.  After some Yak work, go back to the P-51B and you'll be surprised at how effective the B-stang can be.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll sure try it. Sounds like fun.

Offline mold

• Copper Member
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2003, 12:26:17 PM »
Hey, this Pony don't run. I'd be happy to meet with you in the DA sometime, and pit my P51D against your G10 anytime. Seems the only way to get a decent 1vs1 these days, anyway:)

I'll take ya up on that too, soon as I get my 'puter pieced back together. ;)

But as an aside...what's wrong with running?   Seems that there's a stigma associated with running, and that it is perceived as cowardly.  Extension, no matter how long the distance, is a perfectly legitimate tactic.  If your plane is too slow to catch up, well, you chose the plane to start with so it is no one's fault but your own, and you should expect that others will extend from you.  It seems that spits and zeros expect ponys to "be man enough" turnfight with them.  LOL.

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2003, 12:43:04 PM »
Originally posted by gofaster
(a) BF109G10 with gondolas.  It looks evil and elegant, both at the same time.

umm... they are rockets :D ;) :D
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2003, 02:18:14 PM »
Well, I think my favorite plane is pretty well known (F6F for the truly observant Sherlock Holmes-types out there).

However, I get a kick out of upping in a Pony, FM-2, F4F every once in awhile just for a break.

Offline mrblack

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2003, 02:42:50 PM »
109G-10
Hurrican MK2c

Offline F4i

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ghost-squadron.org/main/frame.html
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2003, 02:48:18 PM »
My (favorite) G-10 in Hell  :D

Of course, BGBMAW always has *something* to say.  :lol

TBolt

« Last Edit: December 01, 2003, 03:01:24 PM by F4i »

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2003, 02:53:05 PM »
The one with my pipper on its cockpit at 250 yards.........
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2003, 04:21:09 PM »

Come on,  a pony that doesnt run??  Next thing you'll see is flying cows. :p  What makes some of us pony dweebs, is the ability to make people whine when we run! :D

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2003, 05:27:55 PM »
hehe slim i never eat more than i can chew in the G10.  if i can see it is a pilot like WT ill be gone at the blink of an eye:D
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2003, 06:01:21 PM »
Originally posted by Widewing

The Hellcat holds the Allied record for the most kills in a single sortie; 9. It holds the record for the most kills by any American pilot in a single combat tour; 34 confirmed in the air; 21 on the ground with 7 probables and 16 damaged, the records being set by David McCampbell. His total of aircraft destroyed in air and on ground; 55 confirmed. That's the highest total by a U.S. pilot, and by a wide margin (remember, to encourage strafing in the ETO, American pilots were given credit for planes destroyed on the ground).

My regards,

Widewing

But the #1 ace still flew the P-38

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song