Author Topic: Quicksand---bad for gv's  (Read 565 times)

Offline mjolnir

• Nickel Member
Quicksand---bad for gv's
« on: December 03, 2003, 09:09:30 PM »
AKWeav and I decided to try taking panzers to an enemy field.  All was going well as we rolled down the hill toward A5 from A75, until we reached the bottom of the hill.  My panzer went from rolling along merrily in 6th gear to a complete stop.  No deceleration, just a sudden halt.  Then, with Weav sitting less than 100 yards away, my panzer sank into the ground.  The engine started to whine at an extremely high pitch, like it does when you down a really steep hill.  In this case, my panzer thought it was going straight down.   It appeared that I was moving slowly forward underground.  Even after killing the engine, I could not make it stop.  I eventually had to Alt-F4 to get out of it.

Offline AKWeav

• Nickel Member
Quicksand---bad for gv's
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2003, 09:34:07 PM »
I got into a similar situation shortly there after. Had to alt F4. Tried to spawn a pnzr east from 76. Tank spawned with clump of grass right in front. Started fwd in 1st gear, and when I hit the grass the tank started shaking like crazy. Had to shut off motor to return to tower.

Offline Lazerus

• Gold Member
Quicksand---bad for gv's
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2003, 09:37:06 PM »
This happened to me twice, at two different spawn point areas. Except that my Panzer disappeared and I just rotated 360* continuously while my tracks screamed.

Alt F4 was the only way out.