Author Topic: sorry to say beta 5 sucks  (Read 2866 times)

Offline BBinder

• Zinc Member
sorry to say beta 5 sucks
« on: December 05, 2003, 05:09:41 PM »
yep i'm sorry to have to say this but beta 5 sucks in my opinion

my pc specs

Win XP
500mhz cpu clocked to 550mhz
Geforce 2 MX
256mb of ram

when going in offline server still takes 1 minute to load

when in tower framerate is 0 takes about 5 minutes to get about 6 frames going so i can get on the field

in plane i have around 5-6 but can drop lower

but the biggest problem is taking off i think this is due to the tail wheel adjustments

but went i slowly power up the engine i got all over the place i do compensate with rudder but then it goes out of control by the time i'm at full power the plane flips over in some cases it doesnt blow up and the prop still turns

also now you've made it online i think the way u did it kinda sucks i'm sure ppl who cant afford subscription would like to test it online is there any way u could allow free play on the server????

this is kinda a moan aswell as reporting a few bugs thank you have a nice day

Offline zmeg

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2003, 05:14:49 PM »
Sorry to say it but it's your computer that sucks.

Offline mrblack

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Re: sorry to say beta 5 sucks
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2003, 05:47:29 PM »
Originally posted by BBinder

my pc specs

Win XP
Geforce 2 MX
256mb of ram

when in tower framerate is 0 takes about 5 minutes to get about 6 frames going so i can get on the field

in plane i have around 5-6 but can drop lower

but the biggest problem is taking off i think this is due to the tail wheel adjustments

but went i slowly power up the engine i got all over the place i do compensate with rudder but then it goes out of control by the time i'm at full power the plane flips over in some cases it doesnt blow up and the prop still turns

also now you've made it online i think the way u did it kinda sucks i'm sure ppl who cant afford subscription would like to test it online is there any way u could allow free play on the server????

this is kinda a moan aswell as reporting a few bugs thank you have a nice day

LOL is this clown for real?
people like this must have been the inspiration to HT when he coined the term DOLT.

Offline sax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.13thtas.com
Re: Re: sorry to say beta 5 sucks
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2003, 06:30:55 PM »
Originally posted by mrblack
LOL is this clown for real?
people like this must have been the inspiration to HT when he coined the term DOLT.

Just because he has an opinion doesn't make him a clown--pointing out his pc ain't got what it takes is all thats needed.

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2003, 06:52:05 PM »
Check the specs on the new version of ah2.   Luckily, they just cant afford to make a game aimed at playability on your system.

Sadly your computer is so old, that a new vid card wont help you much.

I have just suffered a motherboard meltdown on my lab computer, so I have been searching for a replacement.  

For an amd xp 1800+ system including motherboard, chip, ram, and even the box for less about 250 dollars (if you like nicer ram).   You can get a 9600 ati  for around 80 bucks, and ah2 will seem like a whole new world.

http://www.newegg.com
and
http://www.accessmicro.com

both have good deals.  If you dont know how to build your own, I suggest the later.

edit:
I just checked it out, and at accessmicro you can configure a full system with a crappy, but better than your vid card, and amd 2200+ (using your harddrive, cables, cdrom, floppy, keyboard, mouse, and modem) for 263 dollars.

http://www.accessmicro.com/estore/config/index.cfm?config_id=219&OptionSet=3
« Last Edit: December 05, 2003, 06:58:27 PM by ergRTC »

Offline mrblack

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Re: Re: Re: sorry to say beta 5 sucks
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2003, 01:58:54 AM »
Originally posted by sax
Just because he has an opinion doesn't make him a clown--pointing out his pc ain't got what it takes is all thats needed.

Oh I think I let him Off easy:D

He came across to me as a whiny arsed litte Tard that thinks HTC owes him something:rolleyes:
He has alot of nerve asking for free watermelon when he just got done lambasting the game!

I'm sorry I saw nothing objective in his "review"

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2003, 05:14:07 AM »
Originally posted by ergRTC
Check the specs on the new version of ah2.   Luckily, they just cant afford to make a game aimed at playability on your system.

Sadly your computer is so old, that a new vid card wont help you much.

I have just suffered a motherboard meltdown on my lab computer, so I have been searching for a replacement.  

For an amd xp 1800+ system including motherboard, chip, ram, and even the box for less about 250 dollars (if you like nicer ram).   You can get a 9600 ati  for around 80 bucks, and ah2 will seem like a whole new world.

http://www.newegg.com
and
http://www.accessmicro.com

both have good deals.  If you dont know how to build your own, I suggest the later.

edit:
I just checked it out, and at accessmicro you can configure a full system with a crappy, but better than your vid card, and amd 2200+ (using your harddrive, cables, cdrom, floppy, keyboard, mouse, and modem) for 263 dollars.

http://www.accessmicro.com/estore/config/index.cfm?config_id=219&OptionSet=3

eeeeehem

ati9600 for 180$ you mean?;)

Offline Flit

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2003, 08:39:09 AM »
On pricewatch I saw a 9600se 128mb for $80

Offline whoru

• Zinc Member
Re: sorry to say beta 5 sucks
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2003, 09:27:12 AM »
Originally posted by BBinder

my pc specs

Win XP
Geforce 2 MX
256mb of ram

And I thought my computer sucks

Win ME
800MHz
GeForce 4
256 mb of ram

Offline Lizard3

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: sorry to say beta 5 sucks
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2003, 09:58:13 AM »
Originally posted by mrblack
Oh I think I let him Off easy:D

He came across to me as a whiny arsed litte Tard that thinks HTC owes him something:rolleyes:
He has alot of nerve asking for free watermelon when he just got done lambasting the game!

I'm sorry I saw nothing objective in his "review"

Yeah, but....you should be a bit easier on HTC potential customers. Not just the ones that post, but the ones that read the threads and decide that they don't wanna be smaked around by the board police. O-club...have at em. The O-fisial AH2 bug reports forum...maybe you should back off and let them hand out the "Dolt" awards...just sayin...

You'd be suprised at how much damage you can do Mr.

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2003, 12:36:37 PM »
Doh, yeah 9200.  I am a nvidia guy myself, so all of thse numbers are pretty meaningless to me.   I was pissed when they started doing that 5200 57000 crap on the new nvidia cards.

Offline mrblack

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: sorry to say beta 5 sucks
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2003, 01:30:56 PM »
Originally posted by Lizard3
Yeah, but....you should be a bit easier on HTC potential customers. Not just the ones that post, but the ones that read the threads and decide that they don't wanna be smaked around by the board police. O-club...have at em. The O-fisial AH2 bug reports forum...maybe you should back off and let them hand out the "Dolt" awards...just sayin...

You'd be suprised at how much damage you can do Mr.

Yeah you might have a point there.

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2003, 05:37:07 PM »
If he wants to play pc games he's just gonna have to step up to the plate now and get with the program ...

min requirements for most of the new games are around 1ghz 64mb video and at least 256 ram

BBinder could easily update to a 1.3- 2.0 ghz machine and reuse that gf2 card for the time being .(providing its the 64mb gf 2 )
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2003, 06:43:33 PM »
You have a 5 year old machine - I know, thats about what I had till a week ago. I can't complain though - 5 years is a long time to keep a computer. I think if you're into gaming, about 2 years is tops on a machine and even then, it will probably need a minor upgrade during that time. I went so long this time because I was putting money into home improvements and wasn't doing much online gaming.

The game looks like its going to be very good. Its just going to require a newer machine to run it.

Also consider this. HTC makes available a FREE game that you can play against up to 8 people in head to head mode. Not many companies would do something like that. Its pretty classy IMO.

Offline lord dolf vader

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2003, 07:21:38 PM »
not to insult the guy but i got to know what kind of controler his mouse is :)