Author Topic: default video settings  (Read 323 times)

Offline OLtos

• Zinc Member
default video settings
« on: December 06, 2003, 11:16:05 AM »
Here are my system specs:

Microsoft Windows 98 4.10.2222 A
AMD Athlon(tm) Processor
256MB RAM

Video
All-In-wonder Radeon 32 meg
windows screen res 1024x768

Had a great deal of trouble getting the game to give me anything over 0 (zero) Frames Per Second.  It wasn't untill I dialed down my video settings to a huge degree that I was able to get a flyable frame rate.

I would suggest setting the default video settings to low res low detail settings to avoid complaints from the crowd of folks that I am in who are not going to buy a new computer just to play an upgrade to this game.

The main reason that folks might complain are that the detailed video setting you need to customize the game for a lower end, or just an older, computer must be accessed from the tower.  Since your tower is part of the 3d environment of the base, frame rate problems drastically effect your ability to access all the settings controls.  In my case, with a frame rate of zero, I had to spend 5 minutes moving my mouse incrementally around the screen just trying to get the mouse pointer to line up with the video setting button to call up that screen.  It took more time to zero in on all the little settings areas I needed to fool with.  All of this because the default video settings were set high enough that my computer couldn't give me a frame rate.

Other than that, so far so good.