Author Topic: USA=Isreal  (Read 2912 times)

Offline ravells

• Silver Member
USA=Isreal
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2003, 06:36:00 PM »
The tragedy of history is that it just repeats itself. Let's see how it all pans out before we make any hasty judgments.

Ravs

Offline ravells

• Silver Member
USA=Isreal
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2003, 06:38:09 PM »
btw, SOB, I should have added a humble 'IMO' in my post before last.

Of course the military know more than I do in situations like this. (not said sarcastically)

Ravs

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
USA=Isreal
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2003, 06:47:06 PM »
Originally posted by ravells
btw, SOB, I should have added a humble 'IMO' in my post before last.

Of course the military know more than I do in situations like this. (not said sarcastically)

Ravs

Your post didn't strike me as anything other than an opinion, Ravells.  IMO wasn't needed there, IMO.  I was commenting on the thread in general.
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
USA=Isreal
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2003, 06:48:12 PM »
So far, the new approach appears to be succeeding in diminishing the threat to American soldiers. But it appears to be coming at the cost of alienating many of the people the Americans are trying to win over. Abu Hishma is quiet now, but it is angry, too...

The Iraqis nodded and edged their cars through the line. Over to one side, an Iraqi man named Tariq muttered in anger.

"I see no difference between us and the Palestinians," he said. "We didn't expect anything like this after Saddam fell."

As long as we can deliver on the positive rebuilding, sure. If we fail, or stuble or are too slow, then this just becomes an excellent tool to turn moderates into militants. At some point the Iraqi's have to actually believe that we are not just another occupying power, that the cure is not as bad as the illness, and I would imagine that we don't have an unlimited amount of time to deliver the goods.

Charon

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
USA=Isreal
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2003, 07:00:40 PM »
Originally posted by Hristo
How about German strategy against partisans in Slavic countries in WW2 ? For every wounded German, shoot 50 locals. For every killed German shoot 100 locals.

I agree.  If one's goal is not important enough to justify such actions, then it's probably not important enough to justify military action.  Soldiers are for killing.  If we are trying to use them for things other than killing then we are making a big mistake.

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
USA=Isreal
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2003, 07:04:34 PM »
Originally posted by ravells

Martlett, it is only when you have lived under the occupation of foreigners (whether they mean good or ill) will you understand. I'm very happy you have not had to live through that situation, but when we were under the japs in WW2 in Malaysia, and then the Brits, we wanted out.

You lived under the japs in ww2?  How old are you?

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
USA=Isreal
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2003, 07:13:39 PM »
Originally posted by FUNKED1
I agree.  If one's goal is not important enough to justify such actions, then it's probably not important enough to justify military action.  Soldiers are for killing.  If we are trying to use them for things other than killing then we are making a big mistake.

What choice would that leave to the moderates ?

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
USA=Isreal
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2003, 07:27:32 PM »
Originally posted by MC_Honky
Best Part is:

"This fence is here for your protection," reads the sign posted in front of the barbed-wire fence. "Do not approach or try to cross, or you will be shot."

Lol...no wonder why the world hates us.

The world hates the US? Who else does the "world" hate?

The US is EVIL and always will be EVIL!

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
USA=Isreal
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2003, 07:36:07 PM »
I want to kill all the people that want to kill us.... is that somehow wrong? Lol.

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
USA=Isreal
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2003, 07:44:44 PM »
Originally posted by Hristo
What choice would that leave to the moderates ?

The choice would be to use non-military means unless you are serious enough to kill a whole lot of people.  Minimizing civilian casualties just means more of our soldiers get killed, and more time and money is required to do the job.

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
USA=Isreal
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2003, 09:45:35 PM »
I believe they called them "Ghettoes" in thirties and fourties and "homelands" in sixties and seventies  :)

Offline MC_Honky

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
USA=Isreal
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2003, 10:06:42 PM »
I'm a proud American but this whole Iraq thing is taking us deeper and deeper into the ****ter.  I never wanted to "Liberate" the Iraqies but once the shooting started I was hooked to the TV.  I found myself jumping up and down cheering the 3rd Infantry Div.- popcorn in hand !!! "Go boys..Kill them Arabs."  Now its no fun anymore....

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
USA=Isreal
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2003, 11:23:26 PM »
Originally posted by MC_Honky
I'm a proud American but this whole Iraq thing is taking us deeper and deeper into the ****ter.  I never wanted to "Liberate" the Iraqies but once the shooting started I was hooked to the TV.  I found myself jumping up and down cheering the 3rd Infantry Div.- popcorn in hand !!! "Go boys..Kill them Arabs."  Now its no fun anymore....

Well, I guess that sums up your comprehension.  

Knowing that you equate a war with the Saturday morning cartoons puts everything else you've ever written into perspective.

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
USA=Isreal
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2003, 01:21:56 AM »
Funked, if the killing starts as you suggested, how could anyone consider this a liberation ? You won't have peace there in thousand years, until US troops leave. And it is my understanding there will be no peace now, until US troops leave the country.

If you have to use barbed wire, threats, ID cards and checkpoints to stay there, what does that make you in their eyes ?

US troops are already considered aggressors over there. No ? What do you think, what would happen to a single US soldier who decides to go take a walk unarmed in downtown (insert any Iraqi city here) ?

Offline ravells

• Silver Member
USA=Isreal
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2003, 03:56:53 AM »
You lived under the japs in ww2? How old are you?

We = Malaysians.

Ravs