Author Topic: Too Funny! France and Germany are upset  (Read 6321 times)

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Too Funny! France and Germany are upset
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2003, 11:21:42 AM »
US goes to war, many American's die for another stupid Rich man's cause,

Nexus,
Spoken like the true fool pretty much everyone believes you to be.

dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2003, 11:23:08 AM »
If Iraqi money is going to be spent on the reconstruction, shouldn't an interim Iraqi government decide who gets the contracts?

Most, if not all the money is US Taxpayer dollars.  That will be easy for you to discover if you do the research.

dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline OIO

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2003, 11:23:16 AM »
nobody likes carrion eaters kappa. those 'opposed' nations are vulturing above a people they cared nothing about before , didnt care about during the war ... because they profited from it... and all the sudden they 'care' because it hurts their pockets.

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2003, 11:46:56 AM »
Dago: Most, if not all the money is US Taxpayer dollars.  That will be easy for you to discover if you do the research.

Right - so if I must pay money to restore Iraq, I want it spent in the most efficient way. If a german or french company presents a more attractive bid, it is in my interests as a US taxpayer to have it accepted.
 Otherwise I will doubt that the goal of all enterprise is restoration of Iraq rather than subcidising the cronies.

Next thing we know, the government will make us buy only goods and services from Bush-linked companies instead of foreign imports.

miko

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2003, 11:53:39 AM »
Originally posted by OIO
nobody likes carrion eaters kappa. those 'opposed' nations are vulturing above a people they cared nothing about before , didnt care about during the war ... because they profited from it... and all the sudden they 'care' because it hurts their pockets.

Are you making these comments w/ the pretense that america 'cared' about these iraqi people?

Either way no matter, I only intended to point out our president's ability to make friends around the world. I was not inferring that america's position is right or wrong.... Just that after 3yrs in office you'd think a political leader such as Dubya would have gotten or at least bought a clue as to the proper ways to conduct foreign affairs and keep all parties as happy as possible.. Seems our countrie's grace and liberties have been extended with the middle finger...

k
AoM
- TWBYDHAS

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2003, 11:55:24 AM »
Originally posted by miko2d
Right - so if I must pay money to restore Iraq, I want it spent in the most efficient way. If a german or french company presents a more attractive bid, it is in my interests as a US taxpayer to have it accepted.
 Otherwise I will doubt that the goal of all enterprise is restoration of Iraq rather than subcidising the cronies.

Next thing we know, the government will make us buy only goods and services from Bush-linked companies instead of foreign imports.

miko

a HIT!

k
AoM
- TWBYDHAS

Offline Duedel

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2003, 12:00:23 PM »
Thats right miko but i really dont have a problem if all the money / orders goes to allies i.e. back to the tax payers resp. to those countries that pay for the reconstruction.

Lets see what the WTO (not the UN :rolleyes: ) says about this.

The silly thing about it is the explanatory statement of Wolfowitz. He really is a moron. Why not say it as it is. Maybe diplomacy forbids to be honest.

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2003, 12:11:55 PM »
Originally posted by Dago
Its about money.  France and Germany want it.  That is why they tried blocking the US in the first place from going into Iraq, money.

Now that we are there, the blood price is paid and being paid, they just want to cash in on the money to be made.  

dago

i could have sworn that cashing in was one of the main principals of the free market ideal that america is using right now...

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2003, 12:36:20 PM »

How about we solict the opinions of those taxpaying parents who have lost sons and daughters in the Iraq war?  I strongly suspect that they pay more taxes than one communist loudmouth who has nothing good to say about the country he is currently infesting.

I am pretty sure if you polled the parents of the servicemen and women who have died, and those who have children serving, they would be in favor of countries who have supported us in some means in our efforts.  Matter of fact, I will go out on a limb here and suggest that if a national poll were held today, an overwhelming majority of the this nations citizens would support the policy of awarding contracts to only those nations who stood by us in this effort.  

Must be aggravating to so many of you anti-Bush admin types that his approval rating is going up, not down.  That better than 50% support our actions in Iraq.  

Miko, since I do not remember even once you saying anything positive about the USA, about life here or our government, why don't you move out?  France would probably welcome you, Canada isn't picky, and what the heck, you already speak Russian and they agree with your views.  I promise we will get by just fine without you.

dago

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2003, 12:37:59 PM »
No troops, no contracts.

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2003, 12:39:21 PM »
i could have sworn that cashing in was one of the main principals of the free market ideal that america is using right now...

How about explaining this?

Bet you dont.

Kind of ignores history now doesnt it?  I will lay odds that when it is all said and done, what we spend helping Iraq will exceed by multiples what we get back in return.

But then, that doesnt make for such dramatic sounding rhetoric as the nonsense so many spout.

dago

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2003, 12:40:08 PM »
No troops, no contracts.

Well said.  I agree.

dago

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2003, 12:40:39 PM »
If a german or french company presents a more attractive bid, it is in my interests as a US taxpayer to have it accepted
====
A miss.  France and Germany behaved and continue to behave as antagonists to american interests in Iraq, to allow them to bid, assuming they would bid lower, does nothing to improve your interests as an american, let alone as a taxpayer.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2003, 12:41:46 PM »
Originally posted by Dago
How about we solict the opinions of those taxpaying parents who have lost sons and daughters in the Iraq war?  I strongly suspect that they pay more taxes than one communist loudmouth who has nothing good to say about the country he is currently infesting.

If we did, how many of those do you think would support ANYTHING our president did??

k
AoM
- TWBYDHAS

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2003, 12:44:13 PM »
Better put on them jackboot Miko, few more republican administrations and you might fail "100 reasons why i love america and can't see anything at all wrong with it" test.

Then they will have to deport your immigrant ass. All in the name of freedom and democracy and all...

:rofl