Author Topic: SW/BMW veterans! A call to arms! Airhead! Classyman! Creamo!  (Read 3474 times)

Offline steffen

• Zinc Member
SW/BMW veterans! A call to arms! Airhead! Classyman! Creamo!
« Reply #90 on: December 13, 2003, 12:44:20 AM »
"Thats a pretty big claim... may I see some sources?

From Merriam Webster: prehistoric: 1 : of, relating to, or existing in times antedating written history

Something that hasn't been recorded or cannot be factually proven doesn't have much base with me. I hope you didn't get that from the Discovery Channel.

Invalid."

Sources for what my friend?

Anyway, I am going to watch a movie.  I shall be back in like 2 hours to respond.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #91 on: December 13, 2003, 12:45:32 AM »
I wear veggie underwear.... do you dig me?

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: December 13, 2003, 12:46:20 AM »
Originally posted by steffen
We have the ability to digest meat, that does not make us omnivores.  Even if we are "omnivores", there is no reason to eat meat.

Yes, there is. Without a vitamin supplement, a human will have major health problems on simply vegetables.

What does that **** have to do with anything, pets can live as vegans....

You did not just read what I posted, go back to your homeland of the gullible.
-SW

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: December 13, 2003, 12:46:49 AM »
Sources for what my friend?

Anyway, I am going to watch a movie.  I shall be back in like 2 hours to respond.

This:

In prehistoric days, the early "humans" relied on meat as a source of food. They clearly were not as intelligent as us, and were not smart enough to mass produce crops to feed the whole race. I do not think eating meat is always wrong, but it is when it is not necessary.

Like I stated, we needed meat back then. We do not need it now.
[/i]
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #94 on: December 13, 2003, 12:47:28 AM »
I'm a sexy 400 pound guy with a beer stained  keyboard.... DIG ME!

Last night I puked beer and peanuts all over my desk.

I'm ok in my book.

Offline steffen

• Zinc Member
« Reply #95 on: December 13, 2003, 12:50:23 AM »
Nude guy in the video, I think I can miss this part.

"
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We have the ability to digest meat, that does not make us omnivores. Even if we are "omnivores", there is no reason to eat meat.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, there is. Without a vitamin supplement, a human will have major health problems on simply vegetables.

quote:
What does that **** have to do with anything, pets can live as vegans....

You did not just read what I posted, go back your homeland of the gullible.
-SW"

I know many vegans who take no vitamins, and whose dieticians say they are perfectly healthy.

Can You Feed A Cat (Or Dog) A Vegan Diet?
From Susan Roghair EnglandGal@aol.com  

Neither is a vegan by nature -- dogs are omnivores, and cats are carnivores. While both dogs and cats belong to the class carnivora, this doesn't mean a lot, so does the panda bear and they are near vegan. By nature cats and dogs wouldn't eat anything like what is commonly found in a can of pet food either. Special diets must be provided for cats, as they require an amino acid called taurine -- found in the muscles of animals. Synthetic taurine has been developed, and is used in commercial (non vegetarian) cat foods. Vegetarian cats should be fed it as a supplement. Taurine deficiency can result in blindness and even death. Cats also require pre-formed vitamin A and arachidonic acid. All known vegan cat foods contain these essential ingredients. Ask your vet about changing your pet's diet if concerned.

Not only is it possible to feed most cats and dogs a non-meat diet, it is also desirable. Buying "normal" pet food is supporting the same meat industry with its attendant cruelty, exploitation, waste, and environmental damage that veganism is so opposed to. Why should ten horses/cows/chickens/ducks or something have to suffer and die every year just to support your pet cat/dog? This is not a matter of "imposing your beliefs" on your pets (or companion animals, or whatever you call them) since you are not forcing them to eat it and you are not stopping them eating local wildlife on their wanderings round the neighbourhood. Also animals don't have morals or beliefs. They do whatever is necessary to survive, with no preference one way or the other about the impact on anything else. We however can make moral/ethical decisions - like the decision to be vegan. In the wild, surviving may mean "kill something or else starve to death," but if your animal is being fed anyway, this becomes unnecessary. It is also no more unnatural for a pet cat/dog to be eating vegan food than any other food. Firstly, the domesticated cat/dog bears little resemblance to its wild cousins so we're already in an artificial situation. Secondly, the whole act of feeding it from a tin (as opposed to letting it find food for itself) is unnatural, so you might as well make the best of it. Thirdly, the actual contents of the tins of commercial pet food bear no resemblance to what a cat/dog would eat in the wild anyway... Could you imagine your darling moggy killing horses and cows and going deep sea ocean fishing for tuna?

http://www.all-creatures.org/articles/petfood-vegan.html

Ofcourse that is a biased source though, because it disagrees with you, huh?

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #96 on: December 13, 2003, 12:55:40 AM »
OH man! My cat just threw up in my mouth.........

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #97 on: December 13, 2003, 12:58:37 AM »
Why does my cat ( and all others) kill and eat birds? Don't they know they are supposed to be vegans?

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #98 on: December 13, 2003, 01:00:28 AM »
Nuke, we still love you.  All 400lbs of ya.
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: December 13, 2003, 01:00:35 AM »
I know many vegans who take no vitamins, and whose dieticians say they are perfectly healthy.

Because they live in the US, where the soil is rich in the elements we need... and the elements that are NOT in the vegetables are fortified in various products. Guess what iodized salt is, and guess what it prevents.

As for the second part, its biased because of the entire second paragraph. None of it is fact based, it if were - evidence would be clearly available, but none was provided - and therefore the entire second paragraph is nothing more than crap.

Tell me what a cat, or dog for that matter, will go for: A small pebble of supplemented vegie food, or a greasy piece of meat.

In case you are having problems, its a rhetorical question.

I eat meat because it tastes better than green s**t.
-SW

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #100 on: December 13, 2003, 01:11:54 AM »
People who eat only veggies are called "vegans"

what do they call normal people nowadays? :)

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #101 on: December 13, 2003, 01:17:23 AM »
I just ate a 1.3 pound steak and I didn't poop, pee, or sweat ( well, I always sweat) since I weighed in at 403 about an hour ago.

I'm guesing I'm a healthy 404 at least right now.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #102 on: December 13, 2003, 01:22:10 AM »
Can I go to the gay sauna with you? We can sweat off a few punds there :)

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #103 on: December 13, 2003, 01:22:22 AM »
Originally posted by GScholz
Apart from the lack of a capital letter in the beginning that sentence is spelled correct.

You meant to say 'spelled correctly', right?
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: December 13, 2003, 01:24:47 AM »
Originally posted by NUKE
People who eat only veggies are called "vegans"

what do they call normal people nowadays? :)

Normans?
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!