Author Topic: Saddam Hussein arrested, breaking news,  (Read 11579 times)

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
Saddam Hussein arrested, breaking news,
« Reply #210 on: December 15, 2003, 10:41:12 AM »
Originally posted by DmdNexus
I was ok with him up until he started lying to justify his point of view.

Exactly..If he(GWB) had been more straight up about the reasons for going back into Iraq...Even if UN didn't buy it..it would have been much easier to accept the human losses that have encurred.
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #211 on: December 15, 2003, 10:42:14 AM »
I'm patient... he has until November 2004 to find them.

And when he does? You'll vote for him?
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline DmdNexus

• Silver Member
« Reply #212 on: December 15, 2003, 11:03:38 AM »
Originally posted by AKIron
And when he does? You'll vote for him?

If WMD are found, and it turns out he was not lying... Yes I would vote for him.

I can change my point of view when evidence leads to a different conclusion.

Bush's visit to Iraq on Thanksgiving was the right thing to do... he scored a few points with me that day.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #213 on: December 15, 2003, 11:06:54 AM »
If WMD are found, and it turns out he was not lying... Yes I would vote for him.

I can change my point of view when evidence leads to a different conclusion.

Bush's visit to Iraq on Thanksgiving was the right thing to do... he scored a few points with me that day.

Would or will vote for him? I suspect that if and when they are found you'll find some other reason to despise him. But hey, you're free to prove me wrong.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #214 on: December 15, 2003, 11:08:00 AM »

Rationalize all you want...  

Too funny coming from you.

"and so far this is the truth".

:rofl

BTW, I've made my position on WMD and the Iraq invasion as it relates to support of Bush very clearly and done it several times. I'm not giving him until November either.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline DmdNexus

• Silver Member
« Reply #215 on: December 15, 2003, 11:15:40 AM »
Would or will vote for him? I suspect that if and when they are found you'll find some other reason to despise him. But hey, you're free to prove me wrong.

Whether I do or not... so what.

I can explain my reasons for liking him or not liking him.

Unlike many on this board who only bleat out the mindless message Fox News and the right wing media programs them to repeat.

It's rather simple, Bush justified the Iraqi war by saying they had WMD - stock piles of them, ready to use against Americans... they haven't been found - his words don't match the truth.

400 Americans are dead...worse. over 6,000 are wounded and maimed - those numbers are not being reported!

Those are Americans who must live with disabilities for the rest of their lives, because of a war justified by lies.

Bush is violating internation law and the US consitution with his actions at GITMO.

The courts will settle this... cases are before the supreme court... there's talk in congress of redrafting the patriot and war powers act...

This is democracy at work.... right now Bush as the freedom to do his thing... and history will be the judge and so will the American people come November 2004.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #216 on: December 15, 2003, 11:18:17 AM »
Whether I do or not... so what.

"So what" was my question to you about you're previous post. What happens if they don't find 'em by November? You seem to be implying you were giving him until then and then you would...what?

Offline Scootter

• Silver Member
« Reply #217 on: December 15, 2003, 11:18:44 AM »
There was even a  report that US special ops were instructing Iraq's to concentrate and spread out in one area so when they took the photo it looked like a crowd!!!

Show me, please

or it this one of THOSE reports

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #218 on: December 15, 2003, 11:20:38 AM »
What's ur email Scooter?..I'll send you the photograph.
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #219 on: December 15, 2003, 11:20:38 AM »
stock piles of them, ready to use against Americans... they haven't been found - his words don't match the truth.

Perfect example of the "truth so far" right?

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline DmdNexus

• Silver Member
« Reply #220 on: December 15, 2003, 11:27:08 AM »
"So what" was my question to you about you're previous post. What happens if they don't find 'em by November? You seem to be implying you were giving him until then and then you would...what?

he has until Nov 2004 to find WMD or else... it will be self evident to everyone in America (even though it's self evident to everyone outside of America) - he lied about them.

And I think he'll be voted out of office.

by that time... I think most American's even the believers will question why they believed this liar... and former CEO who ran every company he ever lead into bankruptcy....

Many of you neo-cons are still saying there's WMD... they are just so well hidden...

Ok.. how much time do you need to find them? Even though supposidly... you have all this US Intelligence which proves they exist.

There's "talk"... which is what you neo-cons like to do so well ... and there's reality.... no WMD exist.

My point... Bush is a liar.... just like Clinton.... the only difference... Bush's lies gets people killed.

Offline DmdNexus

• Silver Member
« Reply #221 on: December 15, 2003, 11:31:30 AM »
Originally posted by Toad
Perfect example of the "truth so far" right?

sure "truth so far"... will be the same come November 2004.

Be prepared to be in denial or find some other "excuse" to rationalize your belief in this guy when WMD are not found by that time.

Do you think if they pull Saddam's fingernails out.. he'll admit he has WMD? He ought to know. Right?

Or may be he was kept in the dark by the "secret iraqi WMD police"?

Yah that's the ticket!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #222 on: December 15, 2003, 11:38:20 AM »
sure "truth so far"... will be the same come November 2004.

Sorry, chum. That's your opinion presented as fact or "truth" as I suppose you would have us believe.

We'll see.

And before you lump me in with those who will have to "rationalize their belief in this guy", do yourself a favor and actually research what I've said about it.

Because clearly, your "truth so far" in that instance is totally incorrect.

Offline DmdNexus

• Silver Member
« Reply #223 on: December 15, 2003, 12:02:14 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
We'll see.

And that's the only thing any one talking on this board can do is wait and see.

I think Bush lied to get America into this war....
Did he lie intentially... I don't know... perhaps, he and his people are so far deluded and isolated from reality... he will grasp upon anything which supports what he believes.

Many intel analysts are complaining the Whitehouse stove piped intel and didn't listen to their full analysis of the Iraqi WMD situation.

Did he do it to protect America or to profit... I don't know.

So, far his justifications, have not been proven true.

We'll see.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #224 on: December 15, 2003, 12:05:38 PM »
I think Bush lied

Yeah, you've got an unsupported opinion.

Gosh, do you realize how unique that makes you?

But don't let it stop you from presenting your opinion as the only "truth so far" out here.