Author Topic: Dweebery!  (Read 3062 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Dweebery!
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2003, 08:36:33 PM »
There are rules of conduct. They are enforced.
  • If thouest uppeth a plane over and overeth from a field that is under "suppression", then thouest may suffereth the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune.
  • If thouest is on a side which is outnumbered and yet thoueth flies with all expediency straight at the largest enemy darbar on the map, then thouest may be gang-banged like a ten-dollar street prostitute.
  • If thouest hangs from a parachute for more than five seconds, thouest is considered flaunting one's behind for penetration.
  • If thouest flies straight at the enemy, then thouest better shoot thouest's guns BEFORE thouest shoots off thy mouth about being HOed by an obviously inferior opponent.
  • If thouest whines incessently about the unfairness of the virtual battlefield then thouest can expect much mirth at thy expense.

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
Dweebery!
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2003, 08:46:14 PM »
Seems like I'm wasting a lot more of your time than mine Arlo. :D
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline MajorDay

• Copper Member
Dweebery!
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2003, 08:52:02 PM »
lol :D :rofl

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
Dweebery!
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2003, 10:45:39 PM »
GScholz,

Thanks for posting the FA rules. However after reading what you posted a couple of times I still don't see anything saying you can't "vulch" (geez I hate that blasted word). All I saw was a mention of "shall not behave in an unsportsman like manner"...Sorry but if that's the case then I know/knew about 100 guys who fly crapcade...err Arcade that should have been banned for life over there and there was probably that many the last time I was in there recently in "Intermediate" violating the same sportsmanship rule.

So with respect GScholz; lets not worry about FA and their own problems of inadequacy to the rest of the flight sim world. Since Jaleco took it over they have forced flight sim community away from there by "requiring" you to have an account to participate in discussions. Just my take on it and this is from someone who spent two years there during the last stages of FA 2.xx (under Zone/M$) and then helped in closed beta till Jaleco took over. Thanks again and lets hope that HTC doesn't force AH into the closed off world like other game companies have done with their games. It truly stagnates the water so to speak. But that HTC has some vision of making things better in the long run. There needs to be a change but everyone has a different idea of what to do.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline simshell

• Nickel Member
Dweebery!
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2003, 11:15:45 PM »
ok this is not a fighter combat game or a furball

this game is about wining a war by AIR POWER!

this means using aircraft of anykind be it JABO BOMBER GOONMEAT

to win the war !

there are GV's here but can be stoped with ease as long as a defence is put up

and with GV's aircraft like the IL2 YAK-T HURR-D can be used to help win the war

and ANT-I aircraft  GV's

like the M16 flakpanzer

can be used to defend the base  and make it hard for the incoming aircraft to take the base or cap it

but this game well allways be a WAR game
known as Arctic in the main

Offline LtMagee

• Copper Member
Dweebery!
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2003, 09:08:40 AM »
simshell go back to the MA:rolleyes:

Offline simshell

• Nickel Member
Dweebery!
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2003, 12:27:03 PM »
well lets just disable goons and m3's

and turn it into a huge furball

because thats what you want
known as Arctic in the main

Offline snocone

• Copper Member
Dweebery!
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2003, 01:05:46 PM »
thats exactly what i have been saying for months!!!
stop the milkers, no troops!!!

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Dweebery!
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2003, 04:19:32 PM »
Hmmmm....

You shall not harass or threaten other players or otherwise make the game environment unfriendly for others.

Guess no one ever gets shot down in that game...cant think of anything less friendly more threatening & harassing I can do than that:aok

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Dweebery!
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2003, 06:29:10 PM »
Originally posted by scJazz
Oh by the way... look crying over being vulched or vulching is STUPID!

well, that's you and my wife in agreement, so I guess it must be true.

- oldman

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Dweebery!
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2003, 06:36:22 PM »
Good to see somebody in the family produces testosterone.

:lol  (ducks .... j/k)

Offline scJazz

• Copper Member
Dweebery!
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2003, 06:53:55 PM »
Originally posted by Oldman731
well, that's you and my wife in agreement, so I guess it must be true.

- oldman

Please explain to me how launching from a CAP'd base is not a bad plan. Or alternatively blasting some fool who lauched from a CAP'd base is dis-honorable. The issue isn't honorable. The issue is using your talents and knowledge to do unto the other guy before they can do unto you. PERIOD.

OK some really dweebish behavior can start to occur like the plane that runs down the runway guns blazing when they see a bomber formation upping. Or the aircraft that comes up off runway and instantly turns and HOs with 20mms in a N1K <-- that hurts. But all I can say to that dweebishness is well... Fine. Not consistent with life and they will die shortly!

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Dweebery!
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2003, 08:58:39 PM »
Originally posted by scJazz
Please explain to me how launching from a CAP'd base is not a bad plan. Or alternatively blasting some fool who lauched from a CAP'd base is dis-honorable. The issue isn't honorable. The issue is using your talents and knowledge to do unto the other guy before they can do unto you. PERIOD.

The opposing view (one of them, at least) is this:  

What are you here for?  

Are you here simply to amass kills and maximize points?  If so, then vulching makes sense.  

Are you here in support of a landgrab?  If so, then vulching makes sense.  

Are you here to have a good air-to-air fight?  If so, then vulching makes absolutely no sense.

I am here for Reason 3.  Although I recognize that there are those who are here for the first two reasons, and that the game makes allowances for them, I don't have to like it.  There's no honor issue involved.  I just don't understand the attraction of racking up kills or points or whatever by vulching people, when, if you let them get in the air, you might be able to enjoy a good fight.  My views on the landgrab don't need to be repeated.

- oldman

Offline Squirrel

• Copper Member
      • http://www.mindspring.com/~p38
Dweebery!
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2003, 11:49:57 PM »
Originally posted by Oldman731
Are you here to have a good air-to-air fight?  If so, then vulching makes absolutely no sense.

I am here for Reason 3.  Although I recognize that there are those who are here for the first two reasons, and that the game makes allowances for them, I don't have to like it.  There's no honor issue involved.  I just don't understand the attraction of racking up kills or points or whatever by vulching people, when, if you let them get in the air, you might be able to enjoy a good fight.  My views on the landgrab don't need to be repeated.

- oldman

Well said Oldman!  I think the landgrab necessitates the vulch both of which are of little interest to me... so put me down as a Reason 3er (or furballer).  What good are CT perk points anyway?  to fly the sissy planes.. who wants that? ;)   I guess when it comes to getting vulched my expectations are sufficiently low as to expect it any time I see an enemy con around the field.   Personally I wish it were otherwise though.
Sqrl

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Dweebery!
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2003, 12:56:03 AM »
Sometimes the setup necessitates some land-grab. The current setup in the CT is a perfect example. The Allies had to take a base before they received their full planeset (but MORE importantly - to me - an additional F4U spawn that doesn't sink and resurface at Antarctica). So that makes me 2 and 3. You bet your monogramed velvet PJs I'll suppress the hell outa that base so it can be grabbed. Makes sense even when I'm done and ready for air to air.

But even if that wasn't the case. I don't make a habit outa upping repeatedly at a base the opposing side is doing the same to and typing to them between attempts about how damned silly they're being. :D