Author Topic: Film for new p51 pilots  (Read 499 times)

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
Film for new p51 pilots
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 1999, 03:30:00 AM »
Nice sortie, Wardog.  And only a single HO kill out of the eight  

------------------
129 IAP VVS RKKA

ingame: Raz

Offline Wardog

• Copper Member
Film for new p51 pilots
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 1999, 02:05:00 PM »
And it just happened to be an La5  

The good news is i took no damage or hits the whole sortie.. Very rare  

Offline jarbo

• Copper Member
Film for new p51 pilots
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 1999, 07:28:00 PM »
Nice use of guns................
I am sure to watch this one a few times.

I would like to know whats your joystick/rudder type.  I am particularly interested in your "in aces" joystick setup.

Nice flying dog,
Jarbo
of the Buccaneers

Offline Wardog

• Copper Member
Film for new p51 pilots
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 1999, 09:53:00 PM »
Using CH F16 Comabt Stick & keyboard for rudder..

My scaling for the stick is Hi as i dont need to turn tight and p51 is best used at speed.Although the last kill in the film (N1K2) i was in a blackout i and allmost augered tryin to roll under to get on his 6.

Id really like the film to show blackouts & explosions  

If you want to try my Stick configuration just email me & ill send you the config file.

-towd_

Film for new p51 pilots
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 1999, 01:10:00 PM »
just dont slow down. im waitin

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Film for new p51 pilots
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 1999, 03:03:00 PM »
I haven't had time to look at the clip yet (at work  )but wanted to say thanx for taking time to post the clip. I'm forever indebted to those who took pity on me as a newbie dweeb in AW and am going thru the same learning curve here. I'm commited to AH as a platform and have been hoping that it would evolve the same caliber of users that the old AW community had. I've been impressed with all of the guys who take a moment here and there to help..Fishu,wardog, hollywd,TT,Bytor and many others who elude me at this moment. Clips like this take another step toward building a robust user group. After all we know there are only two types of planes in the air...Pilots and Targets and it takes a long time to earn that first distinction.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Tibbets

• Zinc Member
Film for new p51 pilots
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 1999, 03:51:00 PM »
Dont miss my great manuever at the end. I pulled that guy right on my 6 so WD could kill him

Typhoon

Film for new p51 pilots
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 1999, 02:21:00 AM »
Wardog..

Thx for the film. But with that ACM & Gunnery why fly the p51. Think you could do a lot of damage in the 190. I had a small 3 kill sortie in 190 kilt B17,N1K2 & Spit and only use less than 5% ammo. Come to realize that the 190a8 in WB is undermodeled or the 190a8 in AH is grossly overmodeled..

Either way tkx for taking time to upload your film & try out the Uber 190.. Youll love it  

[This message has been edited by Typhoon (edited 12-18-1999).]

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Film for new p51 pilots
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 1999, 10:58:00 AM »
WD was juss lucky I was workin on me car and not huntin.  I would have HO capped him at 2 maybe 3 kills that sortie.

Hehehehehe.......

Yeager
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Teeder1

Film for new p51 pilots
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 1999, 03:19:00 PM »
Great stuff Wardog, very helpful.  Could you explain your method of trimming during this fight, the use of the autotrims, when to use what.  It appears you use a mixture of auto and manual trimming during the fight??

Teeder1

Offline Wardog

• Copper Member
Film for new p51 pilots
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 1999, 05:43:00 PM »
Teeder..

Autotrim on the regrab for alt.This leaves both hands free to check my 6 and other view keys..

On the hi speed dive i have Elevator trim Keymapped to my second hat switch so im not fumbling with the keyboard and can keep my eyes on the con.

If you have 2 hat switches and you have 1 of them on 2 sticksets for views, Keymap the 2nd one for Elevator trim & Aileron trim. This makes a world of differance because i need my left hand free for Keyboard rudder..

Offline Strake

• Zinc Member
Film for new p51 pilots
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 1999, 12:35:00 AM »
I downloaded, unzipped and moved the film to the film DIR in Aces High. The film did not show up on the list when I started the program. So restarted the sim and recorded a film of my own. Restarted the sim again and saw my film but not Wardogs.  I deleted it and came back here to download it again went through the same senario and ended up with the same results. I would appreciate any help. Might it be the video resolution setting?  Thanks,  Strake

Offline Strake

• Zinc Member
Film for new p51 pilots
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 1999, 01:19:00 AM »
I renamed it to film2. Worked great!  Nice one Wardog.  Thanks for sharing it!

Strake

Offline Wardog

• Copper Member
Film for new p51 pilots
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 1999, 10:51:00 PM »
Ty.....

190s are for guys who cant kill with .50s  
And i have flown them and it is overmodeled compaired to WBs 190a8..

Mostly though,i am in a p51 Squadron and we flyin 51s only. As per our CO..

Wardog ===Mighty 13th===

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Film for new p51 pilots
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 1999, 01:01:00 AM »
Yea right, 190A-8 is overmodeled. And what about dweebstang ?