Author Topic: Film for new p51 pilots  (Read 500 times)

Offline Wardog

• Copper Member
Film for new p51 pilots
« on: December 15, 1999, 02:32:00 PM »
Well this post is for the guys interested in fly the p51,but not sure how the plane should be flown.

TT,Towd,Fishu.. you guys wont be interested as ulike TT ,i have not been able to turn the 51 with a Spit  

This film should be watched using view keys as it shows good SA,this is an 8 kill sortie and i did manage to land.

This film shows how a p51 should be flown
 http://www.intergate.bc.ca/personal/wardog/WD-8.zip

HaHa

Film for new p51 pilots
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 1999, 03:27:00 PM »
What the heck.. after looking at your film man I know something is wrong with AH. You had NO bounce at all.. if that was me flying the plane whenever I moved the stick (right, left, up or down) it would ALWAYS bounce back a little. What stick do you use? This disgusts me they better fix the AH code for sticks.

-floo-

Film for new p51 pilots
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 1999, 03:33:00 PM »
Am I doing something wrong? All I see is a huge bellybutton furball viewed from the tower

------------------
-floo- fangs out
463rd Bomb Group
15th Air Force

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Film for new p51 pilots
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 1999, 03:34:00 PM »
Great job ! Never lost speed, sticked to E preserving maneuvers. And 50s are brutal when they hit.

But I would not advise newbies to HO Spits and attack B 17 from dead 6 though  

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
Film for new p51 pilots
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 1999, 03:34:00 PM »
Should I now show a film of 10 kill flight in 190, or 7 kill in 109 with basic armament? nah..

Wardog, watchout for Camel, I bet he if anyone could turn with spitfries in P-51...

Offline juzz

• Copper Member
      • http://nope.haha.com
Film for new p51 pilots
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 1999, 05:50:00 PM »
Don't be shy Fishu, show us your film   I seriously want to know how you get around so well in that dog of an A8...

Offline rosco-

• Copper Member
Film for new p51 pilots
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 1999, 05:51:00 PM »
Floo, when that happens to me I FF through the film and reopen it the second time, then it plays normally.

Offline Rocket

• Nickel Member
Film for new p51 pilots
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 1999, 06:03:00 PM »
Wardog,
 Great film bro.  Learned alot from it  
I also seem to learn alot from guys like you killing me repeatedly  

Keep the great work up!

Rocket www.reddragons.de

Offline rosco-

• Copper Member
Film for new p51 pilots
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 1999, 06:11:00 PM »
 Very nice Wardog, Made me realise my SA needs work, and gave me a few ideas on how to improve my gunnery.
 I really liked the last 2 kills, seeing the 17 go down in flames gave me a warm feeling inside, and the niki was really exciting!

Herc

Film for new p51 pilots
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 1999, 08:32:00 PM »
I'm curious about the bouncing stick post.  I have the same problem but it doesn't always occur.  It makes it tough to aim.  Is there a setup to avoid this problem?

Thanks,
MG

Offline Wardog

• Copper Member
Film for new p51 pilots
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 1999, 09:17:00 PM »
HaHa..

I use the CH F16 Combat Stick and i get no nose bounce at all.

And Fishu,read the title of this thread,Its for new guys who would like to learn the p51.

My dog can fly anything with uber cannons 1 burst kills all.. This film shows fairly good SA & as you know this is a must in any plane one flys. I usually stay in the fight till im dead,and i like the low fights..Ive got plenty of 7 kill sorties in,but i love the fight so much i stay till i die  

The rudder movment is jerky as i use keyboard rudder keys. This moves rudder 1 notch at a time,think i can improve gunnery with peddals as the movement would be much smoother.

Offline iculus

• Copper Member
Film for new p51 pilots
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 1999, 09:17:00 PM »
THE "BOUNCE"
----------------------

Please note the the film viewer does NOT model your head shaking...  it seems to me that it only records flight data which is then plugged right back into your front end to recreate the flight as the "film".  The in flight recorder isn't an actual "film" of your flight.

So, to conclude: to my knowledge, there isn't any magic button, joystick code fubar, or FE hack... you're simply looking at an artifact of the "film".

----------------

Otherwise... thanks wardog, nice flight

great learning experience

salute!
IC

TT

Film for new p51 pilots
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 1999, 10:24:00 PM »
 If your trying to convince me that the P51 isnt overmodeled, this is NOT the way to do it. He he. Nice sorti WD.

BTW. if you folks keep an eye on the speedo while you watch the film. You,ll see why he dont bounce.

[This message has been edited by TT (edited 12-15-1999).]

HaHa

Film for new p51 pilots
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 1999, 10:27:00 PM »
Rudder is jerky? I used a keyboard rudder for a while in AH as well. It definitely wasn't shaky for me.. if I hit the key it would "move" as it should slightly to the left or right (of course bouncing as it did so).

I think what I will do is make a film and illustrate this perceived bouncyness. Sigh maybe they have a "if lordhaha then add 10x more bounce" ;0

Offline janneh

• Copper Member
Film for new p51 pilots
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 1999, 12:56:00 AM »
WTG !
This rare film shows clearly, there always could be one, who flies his P-51 like other peoples flies other ac's (no runstang maneuvers).
Lots of vertical maneuvers, great speed handling, in a word, great ! <S>