Author Topic: Anyone Running A Newer ATI Card On Win98SE ?  (Read 572 times)

Offline JustJim

• Nickel Member
Anyone Running A Newer ATI Card On Win98SE ?
« on: December 15, 2003, 11:42:01 PM »
I Have been reading all these threads on ATI's with this and that happening.

I'm curious does anyone have a new ATI running under win98se ?
if so how is it.

I would be curious to see if there is any difference good or bad.

My point here is simply this, we all know that ATI and NVidia are always trading places for the top spot in graphics cards.

I have never had a problem with any NVidia card I have ever had, yet I see from time to time people having problems with ATI.

Most people lately have gone to WINXP as well, has anyone stayed with 98SE and put in the latest and greatest card?

If so for chits and giggles please post your results as a kind of experiment.

Thanks, looking forward to seeing the difference.

I get pretty steady 65 to 117 fps with my setup on  1024x768 32bit sliders @75% to quality.

Offline Bullethead

• Silver Member
      • http://people.delphiforums.com/jtweller
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2003, 11:52:36 PM »
I've got WinME on a P4-1.7GHz and an ATI Radeon 9600 Pro.  With this, I can either have a fairly decent frame rate but not see any tactical game objects, or I can see the objects but have way too low a frame rate to fly.  There's nothing in the middle.  I'm tempted to put my crusty old GeForce3 back in.

That said, my new ATI gives better frame rates in everything except AH2.  This is what keeps me from putting the GeForce3 back in.  So I guess the decision depends on how important other games are to you.

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2003, 11:56:29 PM »
Originally posted by Bullethead
I've got WinME on a P4-1.7GHz and an ATI Radeon 9600 Pro.  With this, I can either have a fairly decent frame rate but not see any tactical game objects, or I can see the objects but have way too low a frame rate to fly.  There's nothing in the middle.  I'm tempted to put my crusty old GeForce3 back in.
I've Heard window ME is very picky with drivers and that is one of the reasons people hate it.
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2003, 09:30:40 AM »
I'm running win98SE & an ATI 9000 pro 128mb saphire card.

Have gotten frame rates in AH 1 as high as 120 till dropped montor refresh back down. Mostly its locked at 59 or 60 in there now.

Was getting 30's in beta but with a bit of tweaking in the AH 2 video settings I'm getting more up in the 40's now.

Dunno if that helps anyone.

Offline JustJim

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2003, 10:29:46 AM »
so far very interesting results.

thanks for the posts keep em coming

JustJim1
<< Dragon Hawks >>