Author Topic: New "pro-sim/anti-game" CT rules  (Read 660 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
New "pro-sim/anti-game" CT rules
« on: December 15, 2003, 06:05:49 PM »
Whenever the setup rotates the first two players logging on become team captains. The first one gets to pick what side he wants. Then the team captains pick players for their side as other players log on. If a player logs on and you don't want them on your side you say "pass." If both captains pass then that player has to wait until everyone else is picked then feel bad because he was the last one picked.

If later on someone logs or is booted then the side with the fewest players can look at the roster and select someone they want to switch sides by saying "Red Rover Red Rover can (player's name) come over?" Then that player can either switch or challenge. If he challenges then he and the champion of the other side must joust in a sector that is set aside for "Red Rover jousting" whereupon they HO each other until one or the other dies. If the Challenger wins then someone else must be "Red Rovered" if the "Champion" wins then the "Red Rover" player has to switch sides.

If a player is taking off from a field with opposing players over it he may take off unmolested and have a 3 minute grace period by asking "Mother may I take off?" Opposing players must leave him alone for the aforementioned 3 minutes ... UNLESS ... the "MMI" player taking off shoots his weapons before the 3 minute grace period is up. If the player wanting to take take off forgets to say "Mother may I take off?" the moment he spawns then he's fair game.

If a player is outnumbered at anytime he can attempt to even out the odds by saying "I spy with my widdle eye a (plane model) passing by." At that point all opposing players in that type of plane must cease firing while the out-numbered player gets three guesses as to the identity of who is in that type of plane. If he guesses right then the player he guesses must immediately go back and "touch base" before he can continue combat.

The same rule applies if a player sees a group of bombers heading in that he can't climb fast enough to reach.

If a player shoots down an opponent and calls "no touch backs" then the other player can't immediately up from a nearby base to shoot the first player down during that same sortie or 10 minutes passes .. whichever is shorter.

(to be continued)

"More like a sim! Less like a game!" :D

Offline scJazz

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2003, 06:12:47 PM »
ROTFLMAO!:rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2003, 06:38:00 PM »
:lol

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2003, 08:22:46 PM »
A bit overdone ... no subtle insults ... quite original though ... I rate it 6, a strong 6 though.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2003, 08:47:51 PM »
Biased US anarchist Nazi types.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline tzr

• Copper Member
      • http://webpages.charter.net/maddogjoe/index.html
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2003, 08:58:27 PM »
ROFLMAOPMP
:rofl :rofl

10 a perfect 10:aok :aok

Offline scJazz

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2003, 09:18:29 PM »
Originally posted by tzr
ROFLMAOPMP
:rofl :rofl

10 a perfect 10:aok :aok

OK...

Rolling On Floor Laughing My Arse Off P??? M??? P???

What the heck is that?

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2003, 09:45:42 PM »
pulling my pud?

Offline tzr

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2003, 01:31:08 AM »
Originally posted by scJazz
OK...

Rolling On Floor Laughing My Arse Off P??? M??? P???

What the heck is that?

Pee my pants:eek: ;)

Offline tzr

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2003, 01:33:13 AM »
Originally posted by Slash27
pulling my pud?

SHHHHHhhhhhhhh   don't let the cat out of the bag!!:p :D

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2003, 02:20:49 AM »
LOL, this is great.
It's nice to have you as one of us Arlo.

eskimo