Author Topic: Hey Hitech, how about some recognition for the winner of this thing.  (Read 3122 times)

Offline TracerX

• Gold Member
Just a thought, but I was looking around my office the other day, when I said to myself, 'If I ever won a KOTH event, I would want the whole world to know, or at least the people I know, that I had accomplished something of fairly great proportions.'  I have been a member of many sporting tournaments, and I feel that the level of competition in the KOTH event is every bit as challenging, or even more so than any of these tournaments I have been involved in.  In fact, I think it might be the best place to judge how good an online pilot you truly are.  I can't think of a better single event anywhere online that would prove a pilot's skills.  No one that is not an exceptional pilot will have a chance of winning the event.  Maybe a frame or two, as proved by yours truly when I won a single flight (I was ecstatic), but winning outright is really a feat worthy of recognition in my book.  

So, how hard would it be for Hitechcreations to issue a simple signed plaque or certificate to the winner of a monthly event that they could frame and place on a wall if they so desired?  I feel that such an award, as simple as this is, could even make the event better than it currently is.  I know how hard this is to comprehend since BigMax and the crew does such a nice job as it is, but people might actually jot the date down on their calendars if they knew some trinket or prize was actually at stake here.  I know I would truly treasure any recognition offered for participation and victory in this event.

Just thinking out loud here, but let me know what you think?  BigMax, is this something that is possible, and would be supported by the KOTH event team?

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Hey Hitech, how about some recognition for the winner of this thing.
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2003, 11:38:00 AM »
TracerX,
I think it is a wonderful idea and will make sure to email the "Big Guys" to see if it is doable.  If there are any other KOTHers that share this sentiment, please let it be known as there is "strength in numbers".

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2003, 12:57:52 PM »
I love the idea.  *Checks his wall and sees it empty as of now* :D

Offline TracerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2003, 01:14:11 PM »
Hey Wildthing, don't worry about wallpapering over that old wood panneling from the '70's, I'm sure you'll have plenty of awards to cover it up if this thing goes through.

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
Re: Hey Hitech, how about some recognition for the winner of this thing.
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2003, 01:27:20 PM »
Originally posted by tracerx
I have been a member of many sporting tournaments, and I feel that the level of competition in the KOTH event is every bit as challenging, or even more so than any of these tournaments I have been involved in.  In fact, I think it might be the best place to judge how good an online pilot you truly are.  I can't think of a better single event anywhere online that would prove a pilot's skills.  No one that is not an exceptional pilot will have a chance of winning the event.  

My thoughts exactly..  KOTH is a great place to show what your made of,  and to generally have alot of fun while doing it.  When you've participated in many KOTH's like myself you get the family feeling everytime you fly in this event.  Most of the faces you fight are the same faces you fought last month and so on..  Alot of great gentlemen fly in this event,  and i can be proud to say i love being shot down by them,  and shooting them down ;)  

But on another note,  IMO the more you fly in this event,  the better your situational awareness gets,  your aim gets better,  etc,  but generally you get better.  I would recommend flying in this event to everyone..

Offline Gremlin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.webtreatz.com/tod/lognew.html
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2003, 03:01:29 PM »
I agree fantastic idea.  KOTH is a great event (even tho circumstances have contrived to make me miss the last couple :( )

One of the things I do plan for the new special events website is a KOTH 'Hall of Fame where every winner will be immortalised.

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2003, 05:37:41 PM »
tracer good idea but a plaque imo would be to expensive to give out each month and 2 of them.
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline Newman

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2003, 06:30:04 PM »
Sounds like a great idea to me as well!

:aok

Newman
327th Steel Talons TFS CO (ret)
CM Scenario Team (ret)

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2003, 08:07:34 PM »
Wonderful idea

Offline Wadke

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2003, 09:32:06 PM »
Great Idea Tracer :)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2003, 09:47:41 PM »
I like the idea [ he said grasping at the thin hope he ever wins one LoL ].
You could also maybe have a 'win three and you don't get any more' policy to cut costs. They could be something simple like a mouse pad or maybe credit to your account with a KOTH win worth say five dollars.
Something small but still kind of nice and worth acheiving. For the guys who seem to consistantly win, and I wont mention WldThin.... oops I just did :)  ... he could keep his winnings 'on the table' so to speak and let it ride possibly leading to a more valuble prize if he got a natural Three-peat KOTH for instance.
I'd be nice to have the KOTH winners have a showdown for KOTH for the year. That one would get you the $20 trophy or whatever they think is appropriate.

As it is now the rather large BullsEye they get painted on their aircraft in subsequent KOTHs is hardly rewarding enough now.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Manedew

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2003, 09:49:19 PM »
I want a plaque.... I got my jug trophey 'stolen' from me

hehehehe:aok

Offline najdorf

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2003, 09:38:30 AM »
No, there's two O's in Goose boys.

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2003, 05:37:45 PM »
Originally posted by najdorf
No, there's two O's in Goose boys.
:D :lol Yeah well the plaque for second place is down in the ladies room. :)
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2003, 12:36:15 PM »
Or mabey a little KOTH Champion patch or iron-on to put on your AH t-shirt :D
« Last Edit: December 24, 2003, 03:30:21 PM by Murdr »