Author Topic: Whatever Happened to the Tax & Spend Democrats?  (Read 709 times)

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Whatever Happened to the Tax & Spend Democrats?
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2003, 08:55:25 AM »
They tax us in different and politically less accountable ways.

Inflating money supply is as much a tax as any property tax but it is much easier to inflate the money supply or borrow than to pass a tax through Congress.

Borrowing is at best a tax on our children. If there is a clearest example of taxation without representation, you would have to show me one.

Republican politicians are more insidious liars, that's all the difference.
 Democrats openly suggest confiscating/taxing property. Republican politicians verbally oppose that but do it as much or more.

miko

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2003, 09:04:01 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
Name one tax cut the Democrats gave us back...I'll be waiting here, shortly though, because you're not going to find one recently.

I was referring to the way the money spent by Democrats gives back to we the people in the form of better infrastructure, support of the fine arts, culture, quality public education, help for the poor, purchasing land that becomes nature preserves, etc.

The Democrats don't give direct tax refunds, the way they give back is a less direct route of the things I mentioned above.

Republicans and Libertarians don't agree with that policy, but that's why we live in a democracy-- so we can agree to disagree.

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2003, 09:47:42 AM »
banana: Republicans and Libertarians don't agree with that policy, but that's why we live in a democracy-- so we can agree to disagree.

Republican politicians only disagree with it verbally on occasion but do exactly the same as democrats - as a brief review of republican budgets would show you.

Libertarians oppose any form of slavery and coercion but that's why we live in an oppressive state based on government's monolpoly on violence - so we can get robbed, kidnapped and killed by government's thugs if we disagree.

Of, you mean "disagree" as in "we can speak about it" - thet's true in most cases.

miko

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2003, 03:16:06 PM »
Originally posted by banana
I was referring to the way the money spent by Democrats gives back to we the people in the form of better infrastructure, support of the fine arts, culture, quality public education, help for the poor, purchasing land that becomes nature preserves, etc.

The Democrats don't give direct tax refunds, the way they give back is a less direct route of the things I mentioned above.

Republicans and Libertarians don't agree with that policy, but that's why we live in a democracy-- so we can agree to disagree.

Fine arts? Like the Cross of Christ in a glass of Urine?

Oh banana, such a story-book world you live in, just too much here to comment on! LOL!

Offline lord dolf vader

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2003, 09:55:50 PM »
as opposed to a guy that sits on his as in a doomed industry ( because of behavior like his) waiting for a dude in india to take over his job and who by the way dosent post fascist crap all day on the bosses dime?

you are truly humorous. get any new fake jail tats lately?