Author Topic: This is kinda confusing.  (Read 6101 times)

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
This is kinda confusing.
« Reply #90 on: December 23, 2003, 01:36:52 PM »
Originally posted by GScholz
I know a bad solution when I see one. :rofl

-After more than 8 months Iraq is still not "pacified".

-Iraq is still not a democratic nation.

-More US servicemen have been killed than in GW1.

-More US servicemen have been killed since the US president declared "end of major combat" than in during the invasion itself.

-Casualty rates are increasing rather than decreasing.

-US deficit hits record $374 billion, the highest ever, swamping the previous $290 billion record set in 1992 during the administration of former President G.H.W. Bush.

-US Dollar at an 11 year low.

Yes this sounds like the epitome of success.

Anyone who could expect this effort to be accomplished in 8 months is an idiot.

Next!

Nakhui

This is kinda confusing.
« Reply #91 on: December 23, 2003, 02:16:37 PM »
Agreed, but you would expect progress.

Progress reports are published almost weekly with details of power, water, markets, schools, police force, and government services coming on line.

Read a news paper or be lazy and do a google search....
Here's one... I didn't search very hard... if you want an exhaustive list... do the research your self.

http://www.rferl.org/nca/features/2003/11/20112003172530.asp

Phenominal progress is being made.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
This is kinda confusing.
« Reply #92 on: December 23, 2003, 03:58:12 PM »
nahui... i don't know if there was a mistake or not about the WMD...  I don't know if it is possible for the U.S. to be fooled about this but I suspect that it is indeed possible.   I suspect that, just as I have been told, the cabinets of every administration get all the same intel and that they are given options for just about any scenario in the world situation.   This, all based on the best intel available..  certainly more than you or I get.

GS.. face it... this isn't another vietnam.. things are getting better.. the people are much better off... they don't hate you or your country for abandoning em to that madman sadam....  with our help they will probly surpass your GNP in a couple of years.  

Face it... the U.S. and GB did the right thing while you sat on your hands and pissed and moaned and prolonged the iraqi peoples agony... now you are upset that you were wrong and impotent.

lazs

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
This is kinda confusing.
« Reply #93 on: December 23, 2003, 04:13:12 PM »
Ah, he's grabbing at straws now.

He's just one of those that would choke if a good word about the US forced itself past his lips.

You could point to 100 things that are far better and still improving in Iraq and he'd issue a blanket denial and parrot the "disaster" line despite evidence to the contrary.

Note he sidestepped the "do you have a solution for the NK problem" and pointed out that, in his opinion, the US solution for Iraq doesn't fit his definition of "good".

Still hasn't told us his plan for NK; I'm sure it'll be amazing.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline maslo

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
This is kinda confusing.
« Reply #94 on: December 23, 2003, 04:16:42 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
Iraq? We don't know yet.

hehe SH already confirmed he had no any WMD... you werent able to find them in 6 months, a lot of people say tehre were no WMD....

actualy there were a lot of trolls like moving labs and so on....

so basicaly.. you are right... you still dont know... you will probebably never know

Libya ?

well UN didnt find anything... nor US ... so basicaly all that Spy stuff is proper sux... im wondering, that LIbya isnt part of axis of evil.

and what about Iran... US were whnning that its full of WMD and after iran give all papers to Mr. Baradai, is is as quite as small sheep...

ahhh and whats new with N korea, whitch is realy proud on their WMD ?
any progress, any plan ?

ohh im sorry US just cleaning Iraq from evil terrorist, whitch has been controled by SH via telephatic links :D

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
This is kinda confusing.
« Reply #95 on: December 23, 2003, 04:17:18 PM »
Nakhui, what other name/names have you posted under on this BBS?

Just curious.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
This is kinda confusing.
« Reply #96 on: December 23, 2003, 04:19:19 PM »
Orel, if you ever come back into this galaxy, maybe it'll be worth participating in a discussion with you.

But I doubt it; there's no replying to someone lost in a bitter fantasy in a galaxy far, far away.

Cya.

Offline maslo

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
This is kinda confusing.
« Reply #97 on: December 23, 2003, 04:32:49 PM »
well Toad when someone keep ignore reality and all knowen facts and keep saying .. " we still dont know if he had or not WMD" its realy quite funny

... did they check SH private fridge  ? :D

i bet they didnt check his pockets, when they arested him :P

baaa abaaaa baaa .. all those evil countries have WMD and they gonna cream out fast foods...

i can not help myself, but official rethorics are realy cheap

any news about Iraqi debts ?

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
This is kinda confusing.
« Reply #98 on: December 23, 2003, 08:18:53 PM »
IIRC, they withdrew from the NPT and we are letting them do what they want.

We have almost no sanctions against them that matter.

Today, the remaining export restrictions against North Korea include a range of terms related largely to that country’s place on the State Department’s list of state supporters of international terrorism.14

Thus, items that are controlled for national security concerns generally are not available to North Korea. The country is on the most restrictive list – Country Group E – which severely limits its access to computers, software, national security-controlled items, items on the Commerce Control List (CCL), and service or repair of such items.
North Korea also is limited as an end-user by some licenses because it is a communist state, though this problem can be overcome by license exceptions issued by the Department of Commerce.

That's as of a Jan03 report. There was a Senate bill open in September but I don't think it has passed the Congress.

So, welcome aboard. We've been where you think we should go fo a long time. Nice of you to catch up.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
This is kinda confusing.
« Reply #99 on: December 23, 2003, 08:53:14 PM »
That's a good question for you. You were the one implying that the US was once again making a mistake in International Relations.

Turns out you think we're doing and have been doing the right thing.

Now THAT'S funny.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
This is kinda confusing.
« Reply #100 on: December 23, 2003, 10:35:17 PM »
Actually, Maverick was the first to mention NK. You made the next post concerning that, the UN/Global Cop one. I didn't mention it until Sandman did.  Sorry, play again!

BTW, I don't have a problem with NK. I think Bush is doing just fine there. In fact, if I would change anything, I'd have pulled all US troops out after the last SK election when the current Prez was running on "get the evil Amreekans out". I'd have accomodated him in a New York minute. :)

Goodness me! Make up your mind. You want us to work through the UN/SC right? That's what you said. Now you don't want us to work through the UN/SC?
:lol

And look at those SANCTIONS we're considering, will ya?

sanctions that will focus on banned activities like smuggling drugs or proliferating weapons of mass destruction,

Now that's just cruel and heartless of us, isn't it? Surely they should be able to ship nuke technology around to people that hate us, right? After all, GScholz doesn't want the US supporting the NPT fer pete's sake!

And illegal drugs too.. drugs are good for every girl and boy!

You are too dang funny!

You'll stoop to any level to try to get a slam in, won't you?

:rofl

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
This is kinda confusing.
« Reply #101 on: December 23, 2003, 10:56:11 PM »
Wrong again; sort of a habit with you anymore.

You'll find this right under Mav's post.

...North Korea is within it full right to withdraw from the NPT, but I believe they have violated the withdrawal article by restarting their nuke program before the 3-month notification period stipulated in the treaty.

You really do have a problem remembering what you said, don't you? :lol

So in addition to having no clue as to what "ad hominem" means you're just as confused about what constitutes a whine? Let's see what you're calling a "whine".
« Last Edit: December 24, 2003, 08:48:37 AM by Toad »

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
This is kinda confusing.
« Reply #102 on: December 23, 2003, 11:05:06 PM »
I'll answer, but this will really confuse you.

At this time, I feel my government has acted correctly in BOTH instances.

Unlike some prescient folks here that have already decided that SH didn't have WMD, I'm willing to wait and see what SH himself has to offer on the subject.

So, in the case of Iraq, my government deemed it an "immediate threat" and acted. I expect them to act on "immediate threats". Further, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on that for a few more months. Let them squeeze SH a bit and see what develops.

Now, at a later date, it may be definitively shown that SH had no WMD. If so, I'll have an extremely different view of this administration's actions against Iraq.

In the case of Korea, they've done exactly what I think is correct and the process proceeds. The day may come when it is resolved peacefully..... or the NK's may do something stupid and initiate their own vanishing act from the face of the earth. You never can tell with lunatic dictators. Some give up without firing a shot, some shoot themselves, others try to take the world down with them. So, it's playing out in a positive fashion so far. What's not to like?

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
This is kinda confusing.
« Reply #103 on: December 24, 2003, 05:43:46 AM »
Originally posted by yowser
Sheesh, you're starting to talk to yourself.

So you lost a lousy bet.  So what.  Let it go.

yowser

Obviously not.:rolleyes:

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
This is kinda confusing.
« Reply #104 on: December 24, 2003, 08:47:51 AM »
I'm looking forward to you having "an extremely different view of this administration's actions against Iraq."

That's nothing new; I've said it all along, since before the invasion.

We'll see who gets to say "I told you so" eventually.