Translation:

Good post Curly. :aok

:)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
War
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2003, 03:54:27 AM »
Originally posted by Animal
Wrong. Bush or the current administation did not cross my mind when I read Curly's post. The only one with preconceptions here is yourself.

I take it then that you did not read the linked articles before responding?

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
War
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2003, 03:57:01 AM »
Originally posted by Saintaw
Do not wear a blue hat... or you will be dubbed "Bush Hater" by Grunherz...

Is he REALY your mentor Grun ? C'mon...

No, I'm just sick of these sefl congratulatory threads. And yes I'm guilty of taking part in them too.

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
War
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2003, 04:06:55 AM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
I take it then that you did not read the linked articles before responding?

Wrong, again.
Guess what? when reading Bush's quotes on that article I dont even care about where the words are coming from. You could substitute his picture and name with any head of state in history that is trying to make a point for going on an unnecessary war and it would be the same to me.

I dont hate Bush, I hate war. Its seems thats because you cannot comprehend that others do disagree with your ideals, you can justify belittling their ideals by claiming, falsely, that they hold an irrational grudge against an individual or group; I.E: since I, and Curly for that matter, believe that war is wrong, you try to invalidate our beliefs with claims that we have irrational preconceptions.

Ironically, since flat out claiming you know what is on a strangers is an obvious form of preconception.

Good night.

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
War
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2003, 04:09:54 AM »
No Curly.

To make the first staement you must assume some knowledge of Iraqi values, otherwise how could you say that US policy towards Iraqi people was wrong? Horrible Error! Major Error! etc.

But then you say you have no idea whats important to Iraqis. So if you have no idea of whats important to iraqis how can you say that the USA is not providing it?

I don't know if I can make it easier for you to understand.

1.  Citizens of Western Europe and North America for the most part have no understanding of Iraqi culture.  

2. It's reasonably safe to assume that while GB may have advisors around him who theoretically understand Iraqi culture, GB's gut reaction to a "Warrior of God" is going to be revulsion.

3.  GB is going to translate his revulsion to the ordinary Iraqi citizen and that's a major error.

curly

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
War
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2003, 04:16:06 AM »
By the way, if you think I have irrational Bush hate, let me tell you that just up to a year after 9/11, I mainly thought good things about the way Bush was doing things so far. I am not bipolar in the way I think. I know shades of gray.

My mind is open and my opinions do change based on the dynamism of international politics. Unlike yourself, who are locked on a mindset. I still believe people like you, zealots, are the most dangerous suspects in all of civilization.

Your first post towards me in this thread bothered me, especially because I know it was not a troll.

Just like I do not accept it here, I would not have accepted it in person (not that I believe you even say what you say here in person.)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2003, 04:18:56 AM by Animal »

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
War
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2003, 04:19:27 AM »
Wrong. Bush or the current administation did not cross my mind when I read Curly's post. The only one with preconceptions here is yourself.

So after addmiting to having read the linked articles (full of direct  Bush and Iraq references) you excpect me to belive the above statement?

Perhaps you may think I'm stupid but damn Animal please dont insult me so much...

As for war.

Be clear now, do you universally hate all wars or just those you subjectivly disagree with for whatever reason.

For example would you have thought it a good post two years ago if somebody contemplated how much money was "wasted" in the Afghan war after 911.  Or more bluntly 60 years ago as for ww2, which really cost a lot of money and would have put millions of kids through college for example.

So if you you are going to bring out the noble "I hate war" stuff you better be be against them all no exceptions. Otherwise it's more like - I disagree with the current adminstrations policies - which is far far different fropm "I hate war"  Now you allready used the qualifier "unnecessary" so maybe I should have some preconceved notions about your answer.....

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
War
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2003, 04:21:43 AM »
Originally posted by AKcurly

3.  GB is going to translate his revulsion to the ordinary Iraqi citizen and that's a major error.

curly

So you claim to know how the ordinary iraqi thinks?

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
War
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2003, 04:29:01 AM »
Seek help.
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
War
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2003, 04:36:29 AM »

Your first post towards me in this thread bothered me, especially because I know it was not a troll.

Just like I do not accept it here, I would not have accepted it in person (not that I believe you even say what you say here in person.)

No I dont behave here as I do in person, GRUNHERZ is a character that has developed on this BBS. When I first started posting here long ago I wrote as spoke I do in real life, polite and thoughtful with good humor - generally pleasant and such saying thanks and being nice. I quickly found out it was pointless as people were very agressive and plain nasty so I guess GRUNHERZ has taken on much of that. Actually I'm thinking of maybe dumping the GRUNHERZ  name for that very reason, it encourages me to behave badly on bbs I think, and certainly colors the types of responses to my posts.

If you wanna know what I'm really like, just ask people who met me at the con or who I vistited this summer or maybe come to the next con and find out yourself.

Why did I write my intial response?  I percived your post and the others I was sure were to come (and of course they did, like always in these threads) as just self congratulatory pagentry where you all just reinforce your preconcived distate for the war and how terribly wasteful it is, like all the other "anti war" news or link threads. No different than all the "pro war" threads where those of us that support the war and us policy in Iraq do the same. Of course the opponents then also come in and say their thing.They are getting tiresome and pointless because all the BBS charcters just pile in and do their bits over and over again. Obviously I'm as guilty of this as anyone so I suppose it was as much as a sacractisc outburst at you as it was on me.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
War
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2003, 04:38:48 AM »
Originally posted by Maniac
Seek help.

Yes more witty insights from you...

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
War
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2003, 04:39:40 AM »
You do need help, you have Scizoprenia or how thats spelled...

EDIT : And paranoia LOL!
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
War
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2003, 04:43:23 AM »
Originally posted by Maniac
You do need help, you have Scizoprenia or how thats spelled...

EDIT : And paranoia LOL!

Hillarious. Let me guess you are trying to spin the grunherz charcter thing as some sort of multiple personality stuff - hey whatever floats your boat if it helps rationalize how somebody could possibly disagrree with your views.

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
War
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2003, 04:44:45 AM »
So you claim to know how the ordinary iraqi thinks?

Grun, are you ok?  Have you over-indulged in your favorite beverage?  

You aren't making sense.  Come back tomorrow and make logical statements please.

curly