Author Topic: Clearing a Friendly's 6  (Read 1602 times)

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Clearing a Friendly's 6
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2003, 10:18:51 AM »
I agree with the points made.  It must be an unwritten rule somewhere that if someone is trying to dive in to help you, you must execute a turn that will give your friendly no chance at a shot.  Lol, at least that's the way it seems.

What to do?  Most good pilots will tell you what they need you to do for them to help.  However, there never seems to one around when you need one.  I drag straight, and gradually guide toward oncoming friendlies.  I usually wont break turn if a friendly requests, because more often than not you will die first.  When straight is impossible due to range, I will zig-zag keeping the same general direction.  This has a life expectency limited by your speed degridation, but it gives would be helpers a better chance, than reversing underneath them repeatedly.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Clearing a Friendly's 6
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2003, 10:34:12 AM »
and then there is them times when you being the "helper" or "6 Clearer" and you repeatedly convey to the friendly in trouble what you need or would like for him to do, but he is dead set on flyin gthe way he wants too,  if they don't respond to your request so you can help clear them, then do as  Innominate said, and wait. Unless the friendly introuble does respond and lets you know he is unable to manuever for you,  Is also good ethic to call out on F12 if someone has a bogey inin on them as well as hit the "check 6" key, for good measure.

best bet though is to get you a dedicated wingman or 2 or 3 even and fly as a team, constantly til you get each others flying styles down and can instantly know what your wingman is going to do next, when a plan like this comes together is is unimaginable fun !
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline MaddogJoe

• Nickel Member
Clearing a Friendly's 6
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2003, 02:44:58 PM »
I try to drag, and prefer people to drag at 90% of the other friendly planes heading. I think makes it very easy for the "6 clearer" to set-up a shot. Weather your running flat out, or zig zaggin in the same general direction, knowing "where" the bad guy is going to be when I get there all zoomed up and full of "E" helps both guys, and can only hurt the enemy.

Offline streetstang

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Clearing a Friendly's 6
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2003, 08:01:22 PM »
Normally what i do, whether I am flying with a wingman or just flying with other friendlies near by is make others aware that you are dragging an enemy plane... The easiest way for most to get a shot is when you and your wingman are perfectly timed on the fight and one can drag the enemy plane up and your wingman wraps around on the enemies 6 and gets a very nice angles shot... Ofcourse there are many ways to set your wingman up for a shot... That is only one of them... Best advise I can give is if you are winging always make sure you have an escape rout or back up plan if your wingman misses his shot and you are in a bind... Keeping your speed up is the safest, staying faster than the enemy is always a safe bet...
Morph