Author Topic: Fighter Bombing  (Read 1836 times)

Offline MOSQ

• Silver Member
Fighter Bombing
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2004, 12:52:48 PM »
The spin model here is much more forgiving than Full Realism in AW was. It's not as forgiving as Relaxed Realism in AW however.

I almost never spin here, and when I do, it's easily recoverable. The only time I've ever flat spinned all the down was my second flight in a Tempest. But the Tempest has a huge amount of torque.

The planes fly the same offline as they do online.

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
Fighter Bombing
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2004, 01:01:42 PM »
Look up Skpg in the main arena, he is the one who taught me how to jabo. I can sorta explain it, but im sure he could do alot better.

Get about 10k above your target (its easier the higher you are), select salvo 2 rockets first.

Start your dive at a 45 degree angle diving towards your target, zoom your sight in at the target, pop off rockets, make sure they hit.

You use the rockets as an aiming aide, FIRE, FIRE once you see that your rockets hit the target you know that your bombs will hit when you release.

Like I said, i'm not very good at explaining. I can make a film. That might be easier. Or you can look up skpg in the MA.

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
Fighter Bombing
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2004, 01:24:41 PM »
you guys forgot to tell him to set the salvo on the bombs also .

in the game hit   /   for the chat bar and type in .salvo 2  or more for how many bombs ,rockets you want to drop at once .
droping one bomb from an outer wing hung load will cause the plane to yaw all over the place.
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Soda

• Silver Member
      • http://members.shaw.ca/soda_p/models.htm
Fighter Bombing
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2004, 01:49:51 PM »
My 2-bits:

Try and keep a consistent attack angle for a while until you get the feel for it.  The difference between a steep and shallow attack is pretty big and I think most people perfer one that is steep (>60 deg).  If you come in shallow you need to account more for gravity-impact on your bomb-flight which is less of an issue with a steep approach.

I also ripple my bombs, especially if I'm packing 1,000lb'rs.  A single bomb hit is enough to kill anything except a hanger (or a ship) so I increase my hit % if I set Salvo 1 and then quickly release each in succession with a 1/4 second delay or so.  Always ensure you even up the load though as on some aircraft an uneven load can cause wild yaw (as Rosorro points out).

Offline MaddogJoe

• Nickel Member
Fighter Bombing
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2004, 06:21:35 PM »
Hey Salty, welcome to Aces High! I'm not sure what the "default" setting is, but Hitech added a "stall limiter" to the game for the newbies. If you have this enabled it may be the reason your not spinning at all.... on the other hand you just might be a natural!  :D

On the clipboard click "set-up" then "flight", at the bottom see if the limiter is enabled or not.

Aces High has a much bigger learning curve than AW ever did, but if ya stick with it, it worth it ! :aok

Offline SaltyDawg-SA19

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.angelfire.com/oh/KingsHomePage/page4.html
Fighter Bombing
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2004, 06:36:21 PM »
Thanks MDJOE, I remember you guys from RR PAC  :)  Do you remember the 19th Air Wing?  Good to see the Mafia doing well after all these years.

p.s. I think I'm ready for the jump to the Training Arena  :)

Offline MaddogJoe

• Nickel Member
Fighter Bombing
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2004, 06:47:36 PM »
rgr Salty.... think I see OH19 now and then... a friend of yous? I remember the 19th, look us up when you get to the MA bud !

Offline SaltyDawg-SA19

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.angelfire.com/oh/KingsHomePage/page4.html
Fighter Bombing
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2004, 07:30:28 PM »
Yep he was the last CO of the 19th.  Will do on the MA  Thnx

Offline MaddogJoe

• Nickel Member
Fighter Bombing
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2004, 06:22:09 AM »
Originally posted by SaltyDawg-SA19
Yep he was the last CO of the 19th.  Will do on the MA  Thnx

hehehe I know ! Just bustin your chops bud! :)

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
Fighter Bombing
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2004, 10:04:27 AM »
salty if you decide to fly bishops, say hi in the ma.  i'll give you a hand with the divebombing.  

hap1

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
Fighter Bombing
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2004, 11:21:35 AM »
Since you bring up the offline flying and training, I have noticed I havent spun out offline yet...is that gonna change when I go online

you have stall limiter enabled...

Offline guttboy

• Silver Member
Fighter Bombing
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2004, 05:10:46 PM »
I am really good at taking out just about any target in a dive bombing mode in the P51D...My JABO choice....I can kill a hangar in one pass.....(well thats if I havent had tooo much beer...LOL)...I got a map that is used for JABO training that starts you out at 10k and 20k (NO NEED TO CLIMB) and you can practice all day long...I also have the "CHEATS"  actually the divebomb and rocket "sights" enabled so you can see where they will hit.

Bottom line...practice.....but let me dig the map up and perhaps I will set is up as a H2H arena again to train JABO stuff.....

Fly for rooks always and forever...AZ in AW......

TG12