Author Topic: Need Some Serious Help  (Read 472 times)

Offline AKWeav

• Nickel Member
Need Some Serious Help
« on: January 03, 2004, 11:30:16 PM »
Can someone explain some of the causes of rubber bullets, and eggshell skins on my front end?

In most scenarios, I need to seriously hit another plane several times with 20mm cannon to damage it, while a couple of 50 cal hits does major damage to my plane.

I can also straff (from all angles) a ostwind with a typhoon and use half my ammo load, and he keeps motoring and shooting merrily along. Yet a light peppering from a F6F from a shallow angle (on the deck) and my oswind's gun is disabled, and my engine is smoking. I have a hell of a time killing a M3 with a 50 cal plane, even though I'm seeing a good duration of hit sprites. It's great fun to make to fine straffing runs on a M3, and have another fellow come along and plink him once and get the kill, with nought but an assist for me. Sometimes not even that.

I won't even go into my Tiger vs Panzer/osty sorties. Suffice the same occures.

On very rare occasions, things work right. At those times, a light burst from my P51B will down planes, and ostwinds. But those are very rare.

I'm using a P4, 2.8ghz 1Kram and 128 Gf4 vid card with a XP home OS.
I'm conected via a router to comcast cable modem, and average 60fps in a heavy furball. It's getting quite frustrating to say the least. Yes I've checked, nothing is running in the background.
Also ran a cable speed check:

2.2 megabits per second
Communications 2.2 megabits per second
Storage 270.1 kilobytes per second
1MB file download 3.8 seconds
Subjective rating Great (so it said)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2004, 11:45:45 PM by AKWeav »

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Need Some Serious Help
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2004, 09:41:59 AM »
does it happen in both MA and CT? what about DA?

are you running anything else while ur in AH? zonealarm? NAV?

what does ur ping plotter look like when you are having this issue?
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Dingbat

• Silver Member
      • http://mysite.verizon.net/res0v1l1
Need Some Serious Help
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2004, 11:52:44 AM »
What is your vertical sync set at for your video carD?

Offline AKWeav

• Nickel Member
Need Some Serious Help
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2004, 12:46:01 PM »
does it happen in both MA and CT? what about DA?
Yes, in all applications of AH

are you running anything else while ur in AH? zonealarm? NAV?
No.

what does ur ping plotter look like when you are having this issue?
If your refering to the ping button when logging in to AH, I usually don't have any lost packets. The ingame conection test is usually flat, or alittle fuzzy, no large spikes.

What is your vertical sync set at for your video carD?
"On by default". I can also choose "Off by default", or "Always off".

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
Need Some Serious Help
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2004, 08:45:16 AM »
weav, i dunno since you have vsync on.  your set up isn't much different than mine and i don't have that prob.  fly offline and shoot down the p51 drones and see if you've got it there.

hap1

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Need Some Serious Help
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2004, 09:25:20 AM »
your hit % isn't all that atrocious.

have you checked your guns convergences? especially when you're in a pony. some people, myself included have seen the pony guns reset their convergences to the default settings. and to a lesser extent, some other planes.

if you notice this, you can fix it by changing the cfg file from read only, then setting your guns, then make it read-only again.  

are you spraying? taking low % shots?

as i mentioned 6-8% isn't horrible.

also check your fsaa settings on the vid card, it can also result in the rubber bullet syndrome from what i understand, if it's enabled in AH, especially at too high a setting.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798