Author Topic: WMD's found in Iraq  (Read 16909 times)

Nakhui

WMD's found in Iraq
« Reply #420 on: January 21, 2004, 11:10:46 AM »
Originally posted by Furious
WARNING:  SIDETRACK
And why would you need a TS clearance to converse with the AWACS?  The OS air-tracker and EW's for should would be in contact and those have only a SECRET clearance.

Because... you don't need to know.

And a person's military rank and position doesn't necessarily give them certain clearances.

Read the Puzzle Palace by Jame Bamford it will explain the basics - even though it's slightly out of date.

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
WMD's found in Iraq
« Reply #421 on: January 21, 2004, 11:13:40 AM »
In Bosnia they used satelite photos to discover recently dug mass-graves!

Couldnt the same tactic be used to find "recently" dug "graves" for WMD?
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
WMD's found in Iraq
« Reply #422 on: January 21, 2004, 11:15:56 AM »
Originally posted by Maniac
In Bosnia they used satelite photos to discover recently dug mass-graves!

Couldnt the same tactic be used to find "recently" dug "graves" for WMD?

They did use that tactic... They had all the pictures (evidence) before they went to war.. 8)
- TWBYDHAS

Offline bigUC

• Nickel Member
WMD's found in Iraq
« Reply #423 on: January 21, 2004, 11:20:04 AM »
I think Hortlund  revealed his "Weapon of Mass Posting" :lol
Kurt is winking at U!

Offline lord dolf vader

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
WMD's found in Iraq
« Reply #424 on: January 21, 2004, 12:03:19 PM »
furious said

"WARNING: SIDETRACK

What enlisted rating that normally pulls watch in a CIC would have a TS or above clearance?

I can only think of 2 or 3. Any CT, an FC related to tomahawk and maybe the rare OS.

An IS might have one as well, but I never saw one that stood watch in CIC.

And why would you need a TS clearance to converse with the AWACS? The OS air-tracker and EW's for should would be in contact and those have only a SECRET clearance."

on our ship os airside controlers and opperators all had topsecret (flagship)  normal ships do not i believe but i dont know ask toad if he says they need above top secret get suspicious. ;) but to listen to ops (airside speaker was was in middle of cic)you could be anyone with a secret or above( if we had superduper secret i didnt know about it). ct and fc had different areas on the virginia tomahawk console they operated but harpoon launch panal os6s operated (the guys who did the  harpoon station manning during gq were both top secret os6s but im not shure if that was required we all did solutions on it for fun).

now on to walter middy

toad

i have never had a argument with you about the vairious abilitys of airborn tankers you are raving about . somone else replied to your "above top secret" crap so i wont again. stop embarrasing yourself with this bullcrap, your showing your lack of knowledge and that you have read to many tom clancy novels nothing more.

you want to talk about anything but your lack of credibility so again who told you classified informantion on the soudie engagement. or shut up and be carful who you spout lies in front of.

expecialy ones that if true are  federal felonys.

the name again ?

or the shutting up please no new imaginary arguments thanks:aok
« Last Edit: January 21, 2004, 12:09:14 PM by lord dolf vader »

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
WMD's found in Iraq
« Reply #425 on: January 21, 2004, 05:49:02 PM »
Towd, you are simply delusional.

It happened pretty much like I outlined it. It happened right here on this BBS. It was back when you actually posted as Towd. Seems like I remember you having some stuff going on in your life right after that. Got a new woman or something, got your stuff kinda together and came back as LDV.

I see that you're slipping back into your old foaming, spewing, undocumented BS mode, however.

Your position then was that you had a "Top Secret" clearance, the highest one, so you had access to all the information. I simply pointed out that if you thought TS was the highest classification you were fooling yourself. If you think you and the Captain of the USS Virginia both had access to all the same information... well, what can I say. There's much higher levels of security than a mere Top Secret. SCI, SSBI, Codeword come easily to mind.

So in short, your TS didn't give you access to diddly, really. You were the one saying nothing in that operation could be hidden from you because you had the "highest clearance", TS. But you're just wrong again.

AS far as the RC-135's capabilities, I am certain you have absolutely no idea what they can do with regards to identifying and tracking enemy aircraft. Further, I suspect you have a total lack of understanding with respect to how the RC-135 interacts and coordinates with the E-3A AWACS aircraft. Far beyond that, I'm certain you don't know jack about JSTARS capabilities and how IT interacts with the RC-135 and AWACS.

We went over all that in the old argument as well. Your position was that there was NO WAY those Iraqi's got passed on by controllers to the Saudi flight so the Saudi's would get the intercept.

You were wrong then, and you are still wrong. The reason you are wrong is because you don't know what happened with the RC-135 and the E-3A and the Command and Control authorities. It's that simple.

LDV:

to cover your walter middy racists crap against arabs
[/b]

It has nothing to do with racism. You tried to make that argument before too, remember? You called me racist then... and just did it again.. because you thought that I was saying some BS like "inferior Arab pilots couldn't have used the F-15 to shoot down the Iraqis". That's another little crazy thing you came up with. tty. You're welcome.>

Obviously, Saudi F-15 pilots could shoot down Iraqis; they did on that day. No one argues that. I just said it was a political decision to let them have the intercept. Race had nothing to do with it; politics did. You can't seem to live with that simple truth. That is YOUR problem, not mine. But play the racism card; that sort of thing is what you do best. You surely can't argue from facts.

One other little thing for you:

Air To Air Victories In Desert Storm

There were 36 Iraqi fixed-wing aircraft reported as shot down in air-to-air engagements in Desert Storm. They're all on that list.

Now look down column that shows "Unit". Does it strike you in the least bit odd that the USAF accounts for every single one EXCEPT two by the USN on 17 Jan inside Iraq> and EXCEPT the two downed by Capt. Ayehd Shamani of the RSAF on 24 Jan?

No, of course it doesn't.  But again, that's YOUR problem.

Now, let's deal with "classified information". I haven't revealed any "classified information" to my knowledge. I know many classified things about the RC-135, E-3A and JSTARS that are still classifed to this day. I have revealed none of those things here, nor did I do so in the last debate with you about this.

The "political decision" wasn't classifed then, AFAIK. My old squadronmates talked about it freely and the guys I knew as Lieutenants were then in positions of command. So, if they told me I don't think it was or is classifed.

Now, I can absolutely understand if none of your old shipmates wants to talk to you. But again, that's your problem. My service friends are still my close friends.

As I said, someday a book will be written and there'll be a footnote to the Saudi engagement. It'll describe how they Iraqis were detected, tracked and how they passed USAF CAP that KNEW THEY WERE THERE but were DIRECTED NOT TO ENGAGE UNTIL OTHERWISE ORDERED. And the Saudis got the engagement.

Now, sorry you've got convenient amenesia about the previous time we discussed this, but it's all pretty well laid out again now, as it was then. There is nothing I could post other than the above that would ever meet your requirements for "proof".

So foam on and spew. There it is, like it or not.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline lord dolf vader

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
WMD's found in Iraq
« Reply #426 on: January 21, 2004, 06:51:43 PM »
pushing the same assertions to cover your own bullcrap im tired of it. digress all you want about "superduper secret" tanker trading cards and your insistance on telling me my argument.

you state the facts then say where they come from or shut up.
as i see it your claiming a bus driver told you classified info you cant proove because its classified. then after mention of felon charges ( cause this **** is a crime or a lie) that you have no acces to classified info wich is it?

ohh you already did say where it came from the r/c club. (mayby superduper secret if just for bus flyers and r/c clubs?). just give it up your just a busted liar.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
WMD's found in Iraq
« Reply #427 on: January 21, 2004, 07:04:57 PM »
Now who's disrespecting a veteran? Character assassination, yadda, yadda, yadda... ;)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
WMD's found in Iraq
« Reply #428 on: January 21, 2004, 08:08:00 PM »
Read what I wrote.

I didn't say ANYTHING classified.

My old crewmates told me the flight of Iraqis got passed on to the Saudis. There's your facts.

Don't like it? Tough.

It isn't racist.

It isn't classified.

It's clear you can't see the forest for the trees.

Ta-ta, sweetie!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
WMD's found in Iraq
« Reply #429 on: January 22, 2004, 12:01:30 AM »
Character assassination is his modus operandi. His problem is that it always turns out to be a suicide. ;)

Nakhui

WMD's found in Iraq
« Reply #430 on: January 22, 2004, 07:54:41 AM »
Toad,

What did you fly in the service?

I was on the RC-135 out of RAF Mildenhall 6988 ESS and a few other places... oh way back during the Reagan cold war.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
WMD's found in Iraq
« Reply #431 on: January 22, 2004, 09:51:51 AM »
343rd, later the 38th SRS from early '74 to mid '80.

Used to go to the Bell Hotel for Beef Wellington for our crew departure parties when at Mildenhall. Lovely little place and great food.

You Security Service then? That explains your occasional posting in Russian I guess.

Well, I doubt we'll ever agree politically on most things, but to another Recce guy.

Offline lord dolf vader

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
WMD's found in Iraq
« Reply #432 on: January 22, 2004, 12:22:59 PM »
toad said

"But I know a whole lot about what went on aboard the RC-135s on station and the AWACS with which they were co-ordinating.

And, again, you are simply wrong. Like I said, someday when the truth is finally unclassified, you'll find out USAF fighters were in position to down the Iraqis long before the Saudis."

then after he forgot about that he said

"I didn't say ANYTHING classified.

My old crewmates told me the flight of Iraqis got passed on to the Saudis. There's your facts."

dude is a loon. and seems to actualy know very little about security or how they acctualy will come arrest you for spoution classified info. so again i say where did it come from? what is the guys name? we will indeed find if the law was broken.

liar.

Nakhui

WMD's found in Iraq
« Reply #433 on: January 22, 2004, 12:45:50 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
343rd, later the 38th SRS from early '74 to mid '80.

Used to go to the Bell Hotel for Beef Wellington for our crew departure parties when at Mildenhall. Lovely little place and great food.

You Security Service then? That explains your occasional posting in Russian I guess.

Well, I doubt we'll ever agree politically on most things, but to another Recce guy.

Just missed you then, I was there between 83 and 85.

Sir!
Aye nice hotel... and a pint or two at the Bird in Hand ;)

I wouldn't necessarily say we don't agree politically.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
WMD's found in Iraq
« Reply #434 on: January 22, 2004, 12:58:50 PM »
Ah, yes... the Bird in Hand. I was trying to think of the name of that one but it had slipped.

Was there also the "The Ship"? Do I remember that one right? I do remember the fish and chips shop... lotta "post-pub" and post-mission debriefs there chowing down. Good stuff.

Used to take our bicycles over, stuffing them in the tail back by the bunks/spare equip racks. Loved cycling down to Cambridge.

Good folks, good times, good fun and a sense of "doing something."