Author Topic: Grade the 6 day War Setup 01/09/04 - 01/16/04  (Read 3596 times)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Grade the 6 day War Setup 01/09/04 - 01/16/04
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2004, 01:27:34 PM »
when did jg-3 revert back to 325th?

:eek:

it is however amusing to see arlo carrying on so.
:rofl
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2004, 03:41:49 PM »
Well, we've been trying to tell you guys. JG3 OWNS the CT, why don't you guys organize and drive us off? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. I believe I'll speak for the whole squad when I say we'd love nothing better than a good challenge. Squad nights are Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2130 EST (GMT-5:00) and we fly four sorties. You can vacate or fight as you please.

You have the largest squad in the CT and you think you dominated because you had a 2-1 numbers advantage. You own nothing except a bad rep that is not 100% deserved, But the 2-1,3-1, even 4-1 BS that took place during this set up does nothing for your cause. You should have stepped up to the plate for the better of the CT. If that meant side switching or splitting your squad to even the numbers than so be it. Other squads do it often. While I could understand not doing this on squad night but it should be considered at other times. I know Ive been pissy about it on CH 1 and some of you guys may think Im an bellybutton now but so be it. Most of you guys are cool as hell and I hope we can remain friends but I do think  because of the size of your squad you should take some responsibility for how you effect the arena. Especially if you are going to consider yourselves the "Top Squad" in the CT. Best of luck <>.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2004, 03:44:03 PM by Slash27 »

Offline -Concho-

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2004, 04:49:07 PM »
wtf did I miss?  jg3 used to be a good bunch and were quick to cull out loud mouthed punks.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2004, 04:49:35 PM »
Originally posted by Shane
when did jg-3 revert back to 325th?

:eek:

it is however amusing to see arlo carrying on so.
:rofl

Even funnier to see you chase your tail ... you're so excited you don't know which way to run on this. :lol

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2004, 05:04:58 PM »
Originally posted by storch
JG3 OWNS the CT

funny how hornets are 35 - 6 vs the mighty JG3 then.. and rarely even play in CT. (14 of those kills you are Spit IX, 9 in G6).

Storch, you give JG3 a bad rep.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline LtMagee

• Copper Member
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2004, 05:46:41 PM »
which night of the week isn't JG3 squadnight?

Time hh:mm:ss 485:57:57

I'd say 24 hours a day is squad time.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2004, 05:52:37 PM »
oooooooooooooooh, a series of whines have been recorded

Don't worry. JG3 is still way ahead there as well. :D

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2004, 06:12:22 PM »
Hehe ... I've switched and flown alongside JG3 to even numbers. I've shot down squadies and been shot down by them. Usually some of the better fights I get.

It ain't hard when you really are a tight knit squad. Then again ... you probably mean it in a gay way and flying against each other is tantamount to fooling around on your squad wife. ;)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2004, 07:31:28 PM »
Damn .... I done whupped the "sense `o humor" right outa this heyar boy. :lol

Ok .... if that's "too harsh" for ya try this version:

Hehe ... I've switched and flown alongside JG3 to even numbers. I've shot down squadies and been shot down by them. Usually some of the better fights I get.

I'm all for "squad unity" and all. Hell ... VF-17 is about as "close knit" as it gets. But you'd be hard pressed to find a single one of us who would be willing to rationalize "steamrolling bases" with 3 or 4 to 1 odds as "mad skillz." I ain't sayin' that it hasn't happened on occasion. But those occasions were rare ... unplanned ... and we sure didn't feel like we accomplished anything special. Usually some or all of us decide to switch at the end of the sortie (be it death or rtb).

That being the case ... VF-17 committed itself to balancing the CT arena in any setup not involving our squadron ride in a late pac setting. And even then it's not set in stone ... we'll make exceptions as required. And if that requires some of us to stay and some to switch ... we will ... though our participation lately pales in comparison to the "JG3 clan." :D

How's that? Looks like it directly addresses your weak argument.

:aok

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2004, 07:45:54 PM »
Oh i see we don't play the way you want us to therefore we are a sub species, last time i checked, my account was paid for by me.  I don't find you amusing or funny, we will do as we please with no need to justify our actions to you or any others.  if you wish you already know what we intend to do so try to prevent us from doing it or shut up.

And this is exactly why I usually just call you a dumbarse homo and leave it at that. :D :aok

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2004, 08:55:49 PM »
With regard to to our squad splitting up to even up the numbers. I should hope that would never happen. We are a close knit group of individuals who mostly enjoy each other's company. I for one would never knowingly shoot down a squaddie. It strikes me as odd that when the numbers are in the other direction no one seems to mind, why should we accomodate you? Please present a valid argument.

I already presented a valid point. Too bad you dont get it.

With regards to us having the largest squad I would ask myself "why" if I were you? and then perhaps I'd be cautious because apparently twodogs, bear, telstar and 2851 are doing something right. we don't seem to have any problems whatsoever recruiting new members. with extrahunk storch being one of the main recruiters (pardon my immodesty there)

Be cautious about what? Wtf are you talking about? Are you the official JG3 spokesman?

And lastly would the CT be better without JG3? I wish more allied squads would step up to the plate in the manner that JG3 has, warts and all. Frankly we need the competition, at times I'm bored to tears.

If what your doing is stepping up to the plate , Im happy to disappoint you. It was just friendly advice Storch but I see this your chance to  become " the bad guys". Again good luck with that, but youre not as much a factor as you might think.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2004, 10:36:34 PM by Slash27 »

Offline Telstar

• Copper Member
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2004, 09:36:22 PM »
hmmm....   tell that to the allied bums that wouldnt switch when axis were outnumbered!

Originally posted by Eagler
the planeset isn't as bad as the at least 2 to 1 nums, seen as bad as 4 to 1

ppl need to even up the nums even if it means squads going against themselves

what enjoyment do some get out of a kill which takes 2/3 other buddies to get?

planset weird but bettter than an ack/flak pto = B

tards skewing numbers = F

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2004, 11:13:26 PM »
Plane set/Scenario=B+
Tard's land grabbing/gangbanging with numbers=F

Arlo, had fun flyin with ya against JG3 last night.

Storch, had fun flyin against you and JG3 in the furball over A12.

JG3 was probably the most conspicuous of the hordes, but it happened on both sides. Since I switched sides regularly (to the lowest numbers, its my SOP) I can tell you there were times when both sides were way off. I dont know what could have been done to avoid it in the setup other than some self restraint or breaking up squads for the sake of parity.

Storch has said that JG3 will not change their behavior, which is completely their right as he said we dont pay his AH bill, but it is bad form IMHO. Also as Storch said, my opinion is worth every penny you paid for it ($.00) so take that into consideration.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2004, 01:15:38 AM »
Actually had fun meself, Grits. Good to see yas. Anytime you get that F4U urge .. look me/VF-17 up. :)

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2004, 11:33:05 AM »
Well, I had fun flying with Storch and JG3 a couple of times too when the numbers were against them. I understand they are big on squad cohesion, but being in general rather disinterested in squads to me it would not be that important.

IMO it would be more fun to split a few guys off and send them to the other side, I mean, at a few points (on both sides) it got as easy as a Box game to grab bases the numbers were so off. That is fine for the MA, but it seems to me (I could be completely wrong) that the CT should be as little like the MA as possible. Some nights the only way to tell you weren't in the MA was the marking on the wings.

I take what little impact I have on the CT to heart, which is why I switch sides, but I also dont want anybody telling me what or how I should fly any more than JG3 does. Being the by far the largest squad presence in CT, JG3's impact can be large (read negative) and I would hope they might consider that in the future, but they have the right to do what they want, its their $.