Author Topic: interesting encounter in the online arena...  (Read 471 times)

Offline acepilot2

• Silver Member
interesting encounter in the online arena...
« on: January 24, 2004, 06:05:17 PM »
So I was flying around enjoying the scenery and I decided to head back to base.

When the base came in sight, I lowered my throttle to prepare for landing.  However, I heard no audio effect of the engine deacelerating.

I move the throttle back and forth on my joystcik and noticed the manifold pressure wasn't moving at all...my throttle had gotten stuck.

I thought maybe my joystick throttle had just broken so I tried using the + and - keys...still nothing.

so i put the aircraft on autopilot and went to the setup menu, to controls, and to "joystick."  I pushed the throttle on my joystcik up and down and on the screen it showed a little green line moving up and down indicating that it was detecting the movement of my throttle.

I ended up ditching using slow flight techinques.

After that I went to the offline arena, and my throttle worked again.  It was a strange encounter, and I do not know how to repeat it, but I just wanted to notify HTC of that.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2004, 06:08:10 PM by acepilot2 »

Offline AmRaaM

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2004, 07:30:55 PM »
that was an issue in AH (1)  about 1 year ago it was fixed.

guess it needs fixin in AH2

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2004, 08:52:41 AM »
I have had this happen a few times recently in AH1 - always though it was my throttle not working properly.  Sometimes I see what appears to be a copy of the needles move, but the original stays wherever it was and I continue at the same speed.
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun