Author Topic: The lowest form of the game  (Read 19276 times)

Offline streetstang

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
The lowest form of the game
« Reply #105 on: January 26, 2004, 10:54:33 AM »
Originally posted by TW9
Anyways, hey sphinxter! think ya can "introduce" me to ntro? :D

lol TW... Nitro has been around for a while man... For about 2-3 Months already. Check his stats, not once before has this crap happend. Like i said guys, it was all in plain and simple goofing around. If anyone of us cared about padding rank, it wouldnt have taken 3 months to do it. I hope you guys understand that it was all in plain and simple fun at the time. Sure it looks bad from an outsiders point of view, but only because they didnt have to listen to YUCCA and Nitro beetching about us not letting them up so they can kill Wax and I.

Nomak and I started this squad so we could fly where we want, when we want, with who we wanted. And not have to be told what to do by anyone. More importantly we started out squad so that we could have FUN, and help those who wanted help in becoming better at flying fighter. We've all been freinds for a long time in this squad. Joking around is part of the game, and before yesterday, shooting a squadie off the runway, although funny as hell as it was, may not have been such a great idea and I can see where you guys can see it in a different manner. Not one of us here play for rank, and we hopefully never will. Right now, and hopefully for a long time to come, all anyone cares about in this squad is having fun and finding a great fight. If we wanted to pad or scored we woudnt have done it at a feild where 30 other rooks where vulching our squadies along with us. As for those of you who wish to only see your side of what you think is the thruth, well, there isn't much I can do or want to do to try and change what you think.

Morph

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: January 26, 2004, 11:12:54 AM »
Nomaks word is good enough for me. One of the most honorable pilots in the game.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Nomak

• Silver Member
« Reply #107 on: January 26, 2004, 11:21:59 AM »
I asked my squadies to stop posting on this thread.  <-Sigh>

That worked real well.  <-Eye roll>

Whats a guy to do?  I mean really,  I wana support these fellas but my paitence is wearing thin.  Due mostly to thier refusal to drop this discussion.

The squad is labeld now.  Fair or unfair.  I dont deserve it nor do I like it.

Hey Todd...... There still a spot in BKs for me like we spoke about before?

Hey Sax...... 13th need any fresh blood?

I dunno.  I sure do have a bad taste in my mouth.  This whole thing is crap.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2004, 05:16:57 PM by Nomak »

Offline Nomak

• Silver Member
« Reply #108 on: January 26, 2004, 11:25:19 AM »
Thx Slap ;)

Offline Virage

• Silver Member
« Reply #109 on: January 26, 2004, 11:30:01 AM »
This whole thing is crap.

I was just thinking that after reading Jeffer/streetstang/Morpheus/Kronik/Nitro's
post.
JG11

Vater

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #110 on: January 26, 2004, 11:44:39 AM »
Originally posted by Westy
"When someone starts using profanities over channel 1 to a 12 year old..."

This topic and that part in particular made me curious about something. How many "Highlanders" would be in AH if old AW was still floating around or if AH was $29.95/month?

don't you have some other "new" flight sim to be lusting over?
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #111 on: January 26, 2004, 11:53:52 AM »
Nomak, you've always been a good guy.  I know you're in a tough spot. I feel for both you and Yucca, who I think was inadvertantly drug into this.  Wax, and even moreso Kronik/Morpheus have besmirched your squad, but deny the obvious... what can ya do?
Ahh well, you're CO of the HighScorelanders now.  Congrats.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #112 on: January 26, 2004, 12:07:15 PM »
"don't you have some other "new" flight sim to be lusting over?"

Nope.  IMO there's nothing better than AH (for "flight") out there these days. It's not like 1999 again where there's this old, well passed it's prime, arthritic entity whose caretakers and family are in blind, denial to the patients' terminal condition.  Today in 2004 there is no new, brilliantly created, healthy new comer to enjoy.
 But don't get me wrong cause that's not saying much for the current state of AH either. AH has simply turned into AW-4 - complete with the Bigpork landgrab, jeuvinile trash talk and worst of all the"gamey-play" focus by the developer.  (re: see HiTechs answer to Ack-Ack regarding auto-flaps. And Ack-Ack, the answers easy. For the same type of reason we don't need auto retracting landing gear too! Don't let HTC off the hook.  Keep persisting!)

And Shane, don't you have anything better to do than try and put out fires??? Awfully uncharacteristic of you :)

And IMO it's a pretty bad state of affairs when the OT forumn not simply passes but RUNS past the general forum in total post count.  IMO something like this topic has been badly needed to help keep the general forum heart beating.

Westy

(that and I'm home sick. Been browsing the boards a lot the past few days)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #113 on: January 26, 2004, 12:14:29 PM »
I keep wondering where RAGS is?

How ya doing Westy? :)

Dan/Slack
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline sax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.13thtas.com
« Reply #114 on: January 26, 2004, 12:29:19 PM »
Originally posted by Nomak

Hey Sax...... 13th need any fresh blood

:)For you--absolutely. Hope this goes away for you tho--remember nothing here reflects on you so don't sweat it.

Offline DYGCaps

• Copper Member
« Reply #115 on: January 26, 2004, 12:40:38 PM »
I love quality entertainment. :rofl

Offline BlckMgk

• Nickel Member
« Reply #116 on: January 26, 2004, 12:49:18 PM »
Obviously they don't know what they're doing... If you wanted to perk farm, you can easily do that with planes with a great difference in ENY values... i.e. 202 VS. a Nik... or Spit.......

If they're gonna do something wrong... why not do it right..

-BM

Offline Cooley

• Silver Member
« Reply #117 on: January 26, 2004, 12:51:47 PM »
opps,nm wrong thread
« Last Edit: January 26, 2004, 01:08:54 PM by Cooley »
Cooleyof 367th

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #118 on: January 26, 2004, 01:27:38 PM »
Originally posted by Nomak
I asked my squadies to stop posting on this thread.  <-Sigh>

That worked real well.  <-Eye roll>

Whats a guy to do?  I mean really,  I wana support these fellas but my paitence is wearing thin.  Due mostly to thier resusal to drop this discussion.

The squad is labeld now.  Fair or unfair.  I dont deserve it nor do I like it.

Hey Sax...... 13th need any fresh blood?

I dunno.  I sure do have a bad taste in my mouth.  This whole thing is crap.

I would love to have you flying for the 13th !!!
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #119 on: January 26, 2004, 01:31:11 PM »
Hi Dan   ;)    

I need to apologize for I've been a little remiss.  I feel the WB's folks are being left out.

WB's?  Hmmm.  Well in the whole scheme of things IMO WB's is a technically superior product to AH (and the current rendition of AH-II) in several ways.  It simply needs some tweaking and the "mush" removed from the FM to be honestly attractive to play.

But!

Also IMO is that WB's is a complete non-contender because Wild Bill and his groundhog corporation are SO incredibly bad that they make Tony Van and the rest of the EA suits look like the "United Way."