Author Topic: first try at AH2  (Read 681 times)

Offline fabkebab

• Zinc Member
first try at AH2
« on: January 26, 2004, 05:41:26 AM »
I was playing online (ok so I was the only person there), and in a bout 20 minutes of tinkering I found the following bugs:

1 ) When the clipboard is opened when in flight, I could not always get the mouse down to "tower" - it seemed to get stuck at the next one up on the list and not go any lower

2 ) 4 of my favouirite aces high commands did not work (maybe I was using the wrong keys) :

Zoom in ([)
Zoom out (])
raise head (-)
lower head (+)

3 ) On one occasion I bailed and landed in a field - when I hit the ground exerything went blue

My system :  Sony Vaio 2.53 Ghz P5, 512k memory , not sure about the soundcard.

On a negative note I have to say that although the trees look initially "pretty", the truth is once you have seen one you quickly tire of them and they dont seem worth the graphical overhead of rendering them. (my opinion of course)

Other than that, I am relieved that you clearly have plans to keep the game "alive" - I was sad to see the demise of air warrior after endless talk of the "new version" which never came

Offline 7230

• Zinc Member
first try at AH2
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2004, 09:46:08 PM »
do u have to be subscribed to ma inorder to get online in ah 2?

Offline Flit

• Silver Member
first try at AH2
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2004, 12:46:59 PM »
yes

Offline Purzel

• Copper Member
first try at AH2
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2004, 05:34:30 AM »
Hmm, I have the exact opposite Opinion on the trees :p

I think they are not particularly pretty or something, but (I hope) they add to the gameplay in a way that GV-Battles get better and the A2G part as well. All this stuff gives places to hide in, from nme Panzers as well as Jabos.

I would only like to see it drawn from further out. The forrest just pop into view only 1k above ground or so. I'd rather see it come up from further away, or, make it like LOMAC: they are transparent first and get "more solid" when closing.

I think the trees, esp. forrests are the sinlge best GFX-update we are able to see now. :aok

IMHO the Object textures wouldnt have to be made bigger, they were ok as they were. I'd rather have added another LOD, 3D-Modelling wise. So, a better 3D-Representation of the plane you are sitting in. And just use this LOD when only 10 meters or so away from the position of the object.

Just my opinion, off course :)

Offline Flit

• Silver Member
first try at AH2
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2004, 11:58:31 PM »
try the shift f1, f2 and f3 keys to change the ground detail