Author Topic: New to the game, just sayin 'owdy.  (Read 990 times)

Offline Spitter

• Copper Member
New to the game, just sayin 'owdy.
« on: January 27, 2004, 10:27:12 AM »
Howdy all.  Just discovered this game.  I have downloaded the file, and as soon as I dig my joystick out of its box, will enjoy being a target....err...flying with/against you all soon.

So is there a sticky post somewhere that explains all of the acronyms and abbreviations unique to AH ? (I figgered that one out all by myself):p

Howabout ac/vehicle/ship controls? Is there a readme in the zip file (which I admit I haven't opened yet.  

Glad to see I can play offline to get a feel for the flight models, been a looong time since I've had a chance to fly ANY sim.  

Look forward to learning a lot, and doing many an impression of a lawndart.

I understand you have ACM trainers?  Need all the help I can get, I'm a bit spoiled from playin nuthin' but EF2k for the last couple years.  BVR kills don't do a lot for your ACM skills.  :D

Anyway, look forward to meetin' ya all in the sky, on my wing or in my sights.

Cheers,
Spitter

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2004, 10:44:52 AM »
Hi spitter.

HTC's help page:  http://www.hitechcreations.com/helphom.html

There is a link to the HTC help file on this page - a worthwhile read.  

Netaces.org is an excellent help page for learning AH as well.  Covers most of the stuff in AH, from beginner to advanced.  That's where you'll learn about a lot of the online culture (abbreviations, etc).  

I'd recommend starting out either offline or in the online training arena until you get a decent grasp of how the planes handle (takeoff, basic maneuvers)

Good luck, don't be afraid to ask for help here.  

:)

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2004, 10:49:56 AM »
Howdy, Spitter.:D   Ditto what Tarmac said.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2004, 11:56:38 AM »
Spitter, download the AH helper .EXE file.

As part of your inauguration, you will be advised in the text buffer to hit Alt-F4. Don't fall for it.

You are also required to go to the O'Club, where you will need a working knowledge of gun control laws in various countries around the world, and there you will learn why it's safer to be unarmed in an unarmed society than armed in an armed society.

You will meet Lazs in those threads, but he's OK. :aok

If you need any tips on cutting and pasting, Ripsnort is your man.

The 13th/TAS are an entertaining bunch. But they will respect you only if you fly their way. ;) We have guys in TAS like Slapshot, Rude, Mars01... and Mr. Toad. There are very few handles which I prefix with a Mr. In Mr. Toad's case it's because he is our learned friend, historian and raconteur who is never wrong. Mistaken sometimes, misguided on occasion, but never wrong. :)

Offline Spitter

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2004, 12:31:55 PM »
Thanks fer the reception. :)
Tryin to figger out how much of beet1e's post was tongue in cheek.  heh. :p

A little info about the handle: It is actually the real life handle of a good friend of mine. She's an F-16 driver.....test pilot for the USAF in Tucson, AZ.   Hope I do it justice.

Cheers,
Spitter

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2004, 12:50:03 PM »
LOL, I 'd love to hear the story of how she got coined with that handle!
The Damned

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2004, 12:53:28 PM »
Fear the rook mustang!

Oh, and have fun.

:D
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2004, 12:53:29 PM »
Originally posted by RTR
LOL, I 'd love to hear the story of how she got coined with that handle!

must... resist.... temptation.....

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2004, 01:09:51 PM »
you have also just seen what might be beetles shortest and least pompous post so far.   Normally you can multiply the number of words in his sig by 10 or so to get even a short beetle post.

You will learn in the o club why some feel that it is much more important to feel safe than it is to be free.

lazs

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2004, 01:12:35 PM »
then theres me...the best advice is to just ignore me...or at least keep smiling and back slowly towards the door

You will learn in the o club why some feel that it is much more important to feel safe than it is to be free.

cant be free if your DEAD

(there i go again...see what i mean)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2004, 01:19:26 PM »
Originally posted by Spitter
Thanks fer the reception. :)
Tryin to figger out how much of beet1e's post was tongue in cheek.  heh. :p

A little info about the handle: It is actually the real life handle of a good friend of mine. She's an F-16 driver.....test pilot for the USAF in Tucson, AZ.   Hope I do it justice.

Cheers,
Spitter

Don't listen to beet1e ... he is a good guys but very easily confused.

We ... the 13th don't care how you fly or how anybody else flys ... we just enjoy fights and those who do fight ... were not crazy about runners and the timid ones.

Did she tell you how she aquired the callsign "Spitter". My imagination is running away with me and I need to set straight.

Welcome ... have fun ... If you fly Knights (best country) and you see me up and you have some questions ... don't hesitate to ask.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline sax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.13thtas.com
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2004, 01:32:09 PM »
Welcome and what Slap said about help if ya need it.

Best piece of advice--the Bugs at 30k are irritating and no amount of chemical seems to get rid of the stain on your cockpit.
Oh yea they almost always come in hordes or run in hordes depending how you look at it:)

cya up Spitter

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2004, 01:40:44 PM »
I'm "Mr" Curval.

See my sig as to why.  ;)

Welcome.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2004, 02:17:00 PM »
vorticon.. if you defend yourself you won't be dead.   if you are alive and not free you might as well be dead.

spitter.... f16?   believe me... if we had an f16 in here the sky accountants would be using it and wanting the fields even further apart so that they could use it to it's best advantage.

lazs

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2004, 02:42:10 PM »
Spitter has probably quit already - who'd want to fly with this bunch of nutters?  :)