Author Topic: My thoughts and bug report on AH2 beta.  (Read 384 times)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
My thoughts and bug report on AH2 beta.
« on: January 29, 2004, 02:24:18 AM »
Hello HTC

I like it, I think. :)

My screen freezs up a bit when I first get near an enemy plane, its fine after the freeze up.

It also freezes up when an enemy plane shoots at me.

I feel the hitsprites are too small, the 30mm ones look tiny. maybe they could be bigger. Maybe you guys make new bigger hitsprites for all or make two different types, one for MG and another for cannon.

The sky is very hazy and everything seems much darker than old AH . This makes it hard to see and to fight.  I hear this is adjustable but maybe the default settings could be brighter and clearer in the future.

Sometimes icons seem to be inside the trees and so planes are impossible to see, especially because of the darkness. It also looks strange.

I noticed the new icon range counter with 500 and 200 yard increments. I think its a step in the right direction but I feel that the close range increment should be 100 yards rather than 200. This will be better to judge closing rates as in the computer screen environment  we rely on icon reading rather than visual cues like in real life.

FM "feels" nice too. :)

Looking nice, thanks for the speedy updates of late.

Athlon XP2100
Windows XP Pro
ATI 9700PRO
512MB Corsair PC2700
« Last Edit: January 29, 2004, 02:26:23 AM by GRUNHERZ »

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: My thoughts and bug report on AH2 beta.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2004, 02:45:42 AM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
I noticed the new icon range counter with 500 and 200 yard increments. I think its a step in the right direction but I feel that the close range increment should be 100 yards rather than 200. This will be better to judge closing rates as in the computer screen environment  we rely on icon reading rather than visual cues like in real life.

It would be great to have another kind of visual cue to judge closure something more "analogic" like a kind of bar graph.

I can't imagine driving my car and judge closure in a 100 or 200 yard increment the increment step is IMO too large :D.

Imagine something like that :
The pipe | represent your current closure rate

a bit slower   : - -[b] | [/b]- + + +
more slower    : -[b] | [/b]- - + + +
same speed     : - - -[b] | [/b]+ + +  
a bit faster   : - - - +[b] | [/b]+ +
more faster    : - - - + +[b] | [/b]+

This way you have closure information without range in formation.

There is some more représentation I use at work I'll try to dig out some