Author Topic: fix the f***ing VH ack bug  (Read 3951 times)

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
fix the f***ing VH ack bug
« on: June 26, 2001, 10:02:00 PM »
fix it its been here for a Golly-geeed year./
im sorry but im pissed off. I just had anpother sortie ruined by it. F**ing fix it!

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2001, 10:08:00 PM »
They posted that it is not going to be changed...We have to think of it as some fog of war.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2001, 10:58:00 PM »
Itsa roll of the dice.... will yer gun armed single light fighter have the punch to get all the acks... or will THIS fediddlein VH ack be the one that needs a cannon round to get it??... it can bug yah when ya try fer that VH ack last.

I take rockets now on most sorties.. even as a fighter. They handle that pesky VH ack and if the sortie turns up a HO'in MoFo, you can always shock the hell outta the guy by tossin 'em all in his face on the first pass.

Muahahhahhaahaaaa!
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2001, 11:13:00 PM »
LOL! and that's with only one variable in a field closure.  Imagine if we didn't know exactly how much ordinance every structure at the field took to down ;)

AKDejaVu

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
      • http://Iain'tgotno.com
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2001, 12:17:00 AM »
GEEZ!!! AKDejaVu, don't give them and ideas!!

One to many scotches by the coder and, well...readio traffic may be:

BRING ON THE OTHER 3 LANCS, THIS LAST FH IS TOUGH!!!  THE OTHER 2 LANCS CAN DO THE LOCAL RADAR WITH THEIR 4K LBERS AND SAVE THE REST FOR THE LAST 2 ACKS!!

Offline BaneX

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2001, 07:58:00 AM »
Imagine if we didn't know exactly how much ordinance every structure at the field took to down

Honestly I kind of like that idea. Would require more planning for base capture.

Bane
412th Braunco Mustangs

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2001, 08:43:00 AM »
With the number of hangars we have now, there's already plenty of challenge involved in a field capture to me.

I was involved in the mission zigs talking about, and it can be plenty frustrating strafing an ack with MANY rounds, passing over the *ack you think is dead* only to see pings and be shot down along with the 2X1000lbers and rockets that were meant for the vehicle hangar.

All surpise is lost as half your original flight has to reup with yet more ordinance while the enemy is now upping light interceptors.

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2001, 08:47:00 AM »
2 cannon rounds blow up these so-called "invincible" acks.

THe problem is where?
-SW

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2001, 08:59:00 AM »
I was involved in the mission zigs talking about, and it can be plenty frustrating strafing an ack with MANY rounds, passing over the *ack you think is dead* only to see pings and be shot down along with the 2X1000lbers and rockets that were meant for the vehicle hangar.

I guess you learned a lesson then.  If the vh ack doesn't go down with a few .50's on it.. it isn't going to go down with 1000 .50's on it.

Plan accordingly.

AKDejaVu

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2001, 09:19:00 AM »
mabye htc should just fix the damned bug

sorry but all of us arent cannon mongers.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2001, 09:22:00 AM »
You're not in the software business are you Zig?  Bugs are sometimes very difficult to track down when they're not consistently reproducible.  Give them time. Ya, I know, its been there along time, keep in mind that sometimes bugs are never squashed too, ESPECIALLY when the programmers cannot reproduce the bug consistently.

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2001, 09:22:00 AM »
You've flown the following aircraft with atleast 1 cannon this tour Zig:
P38
N1K2
Ki61
IL2
All four Focke-Wulf 190 models
C205
109G2
109G10
109F4
A6M5b
Seafire
Spitfire MkIX
Typhoon IB
Yak-9T

Yup, you sure ain't no cannon monger.
-SW

[ 06-27-2001: Message edited by: SWulfe ]

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2001, 09:28:00 AM »
ZIG GETS ONE STAR!!!
-SW

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2001, 09:35:00 AM »
LOL Zigrat!  And how did you guys get the VH down?  Miniguns only?

Someone needs to save a couple of rockets for the VH ack if nobody has cannons.  If someone does have cannons, they need to be the one making the VH ack their number one priority.

Sorry, but any argument that involves making field capture more "automatic" is quite silly.  The cards are already stacked in your favor.  You know exactly where everything is, exactly what it takes to shut it down and exactly how many defenders are airborne before you even launch.  The only thing you don't know is if the VH ack will go down with mg's only.. or if it will need cannons/rockets/bombs.  Really sounds like your just getting spoiled ;)

AKDejaVu

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2001, 09:40:00 AM »
Man, you guys crack me up. Somebody gets on the BBS to vent a little, and here comes Rosco (dejavu) & Enos (SW) to crack some heads. Is there anything you guys ever run across and think "hmmm, I disagree with that, but I've blown enough air for the day, so I'll let this one slide"?

<jumps in the "General" with zig and hightails it away from the AK's>

Watch out! here comes boss hogg! (Curly)