Author Topic: Bf-109 G-10 "Red 2"  (Read 851 times)

Offline Dawggus

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.nightmares.org
Bf-109 G-10 "Red 2"
« on: February 01, 2004, 09:47:58 AM »
Well, my first historical skin.  I've already picked up a few imperfections that I need to work on (like choosing the "Insignia" layer when I create my final wing bmp ;)), but any advice you professionals can throw my way will be greatly appreciated!  If anyone wants the skin, leme know ;).

Cya Up!

Dawg

« Last Edit: February 01, 2004, 09:50:00 AM by Dawggus »

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Bf-109 G-10 "Red 2"
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2004, 11:13:40 AM »
nice
can you email me a copy pls?
eagler@pogbird.com
thanks
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Bf-109 G-10 "Red 2"
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2004, 12:39:27 PM »
HTC will not accept this until the swastika is removed.

"Custom plane skins have been added. You can now customize plane skins for offline play and submit them for use online. This system works very similarly to how terrains are submitted for online play. You are free to modify your skins for offline use but if a player would like to see his skin used online, he must submit his skin to HTC for inclusion. Submitted skins must pass our criteria for inclusion. This criteria includes size standards, quality standards, historical standards, and others. We will not include skins that are counter to what we do with skins. E.G. we don't include swastikas on our planes so we won't accept a skin that includes them."
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline frank3

• Plutonium Member
Bf-109 G-10 "Red 2"
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2004, 01:06:47 PM »
Hmm, why not? I mean, it's part of the war I assume?

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
Bf-109 G-10 "Red 2"
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2004, 01:23:27 PM »
Originally posted by frank3
Hmm, why not? I mean, it's part of the war I assume?

This is a virtual sim not war.

Offline Dawggus

• Nickel Member
Bf-109 G-10 "Red 2"
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2004, 01:24:37 PM »
Originally posted by Shane
HTC will not accept this until the swastika is removed.

Roger that Shane!  This template needs a lot more work before I would ever think of submitting it to HTC for consideration.  And, certainly, I would remove the HK from the tail.  I just put it on my personal version to make it historically accurate as possible.  I'm sorry if I offended anyone, it wasn't my intention!

Cya Up!

Dawg

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Bf-109 G-10 "Red 2"
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2004, 02:15:22 PM »
doesn't bother me at all.  however, in germany (and HTC has an international player base) it's verboten - and theoretically if someone in germany saves that pix and someone sees it and squeals, they could get arrested.  . not a likely scenario,  just an extreme example.

just making sure you're aware of HTC's policy - i'd hate to see good work get rejected for an oversight.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline LWACE

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Bf-109 G-10 "Red 2"
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM »
bah i still dont understand that, i mean i understand the part for the people of germany, i definetly wouldnt wana get arrested for playin my favorite game:( . But itd be cool if there was a download or something so only we could see it from our comp like in Il2, doesnt really matter to me either way, i like stuff historically accurate and seeing as how the japanease were IMO right up there below the soviets and naizs yet we still see red stars and rising suns. Oh well, either way dont matter to me:aok

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
Bf-109 G-10 "Red 2"
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2004, 06:23:03 PM »
Wow! that's the best skin yet. Please submit it to HTC when completed/revised.

Please continue to work on some Bf-110 skins of that quaility.

Offline TBolt A-10

• Silver Member
      • http://www.picturehangar.com
Bf-109 G-10 "Red 2"
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2004, 06:31:13 PM »
I'd love to fly your 109...WITH the historically accurate swastika...thank you.  :cool:

Nice work.

TBolt

Offline TBolt A-10

• Silver Member
Bf-109 G-10 "Red 2"
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2004, 03:15:28 AM »
Originally posted by Shane
in germany (and HTC has an international player base) it's verboten - and theoretically if someone in germany saves that pix and someone sees it and squeals, they could get arrested.  . not a likely scenario,  just an extreme example.

Now, is this actually true?  I've heard that warbirds that are displayed in Germany are not allowed to have the swastika (ignoring history is foolish, imho).  But, are the Germans actually at risk for having pictures or likenesses of the swastika on their computers???

I find that VERY hard to believe; that's all.  Any Germans care to provide input?

TBolt

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Bf-109 G-10 "Red 2"
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2004, 03:32:51 AM »
Actually the German law prevent the usage of swastika in games.

But it's not only in Germany TBolt the display of Nazi artifact is extremly regulated in France also.

@Dawggus it's not a HK in the tail , you can use the HK freely (as far as I know the curent LuftWaffe use a kind of HK on thier planes)

Btw you have the same line problem in this skin ;)

@LWACE : you confuse facts here not that I disagree with you about the atrocites made by the Japanes or the Soviet.
It's just that in some country the display of the Swastika if explicitly forbiden by the law.

It's a legal problem not a moral problem

Offline TBolt A-10

• Silver Member
Bf-109 G-10 "Red 2"
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2004, 03:55:32 AM »
Originally posted by straffo
Actually the German law prevent the usage of swastika in games.

Thanks, Straffo.

TBolt

Offline MadBirdCZ

• Nickel Member
      • http://home.worldonline.cz/~cz088436/
Bf-109 G-10 "Red 2"
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2004, 05:15:39 AM »
Looks nice, the same for panel lines as with the 190, too dark and too thick.

And one more thingie - try to upload the screenshots in JPG instead of GIF. Gif's are too big, with limited color-set etc.

:aok

Offline Dawggus

• Nickel Member
Bf-109 G-10 "Red 2"
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2004, 06:26:51 AM »
Originally posted by MadBirdCZ
And one more thingie - try to upload the screenshots in JPG instead of GIF. Gif's are too big, with limited color-set etc.

:aok

Roger that MadBird, will do!

Cya Up!

Dawg