Author Topic: Vox  (Read 318 times)

Offline Blammo

• Nickel Member
Vox
« on: February 01, 2004, 01:15:18 PM »
I guess this happens to other people, but I have really noticed it recently.  I will be flying along just fine and using VOX to communicate with my squadies and then, all of the sudden, it is just out.  I don't hear chatter and when I request a radio check I get no response (so, I assume that I am not being heard).

Is there anything I can do to limit this problem or eliminate it all together?

The worst part is you can't tell when it is working an when it isn't...it just goes away.

Any suggestions?

System Specs:
Windows XP Pro
Intel Pentium IV 3.0 GHz
1 GB RAM
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Zs
Geforce FX 5900 Ultra
BLAMM0 - FACTA, NON VERBA!

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Re: Vox
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2004, 11:39:58 AM »
Originally posted by Blammo
I guess this happens to other people, but I have really noticed it recently.  I will be flying along just fine and using VOX to communicate with my squadies and then, all of the sudden, it is just out.  I don't hear chatter and when I request a radio check I get no response (so, I assume that I am not being heard).

Is there anything I can do to limit this problem or eliminate it all together?

The worst part is you can't tell when it is working an when it isn't...it just goes away.

Any suggestions?

System Specs:
Windows XP Pro
Intel Pentium IV 3.0 GHz
1 GB RAM
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Zs
Geforce FX 5900 Ultra

ALT-TAB in and out of the app some times fixes it.  If it doesn't then you have to log out.

Also, you can wait for people and HT to tell you about your wrong drivers/setup/other programs runing on your computer/viruses/sun spots over peru/etc.  

Vox has problems.  Hopefully they will take the time to fix it in AHII
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Vox
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2004, 10:43:49 PM »
Lower your DirectX Hardware accellerator 1 notch. Fixed all my vox problems.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Turbo76

• Copper Member
      • http://www.bombergroup.com
Vox
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2004, 09:40:42 PM »
where is  the direct x accelerator?

turbo

Offline Wadke

• Nickel Member
Vox
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2004, 11:30:33 PM »
Turbo go to Start Menu Click on RUN then type in dxdiag and that will bring up directx

Offline Blammo

• Nickel Member
Vox
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2004, 03:15:36 PM »
Just an update:

Seeting it down one notch appears to help, but it seems to be more specifically related to the number of people a) in the arena and b) in the immediate area that are using vox.  There is probbably a point at which the server sort of "forgets" about you or something which causes no vox in and no vox out.

Anyway, I am able to go for much langer periods of time without loosing vox now.  It still will go away it is is busy enough.

I have found also that if you quit from the tower so that you are out at the screen you choose the arena you want and then come back in, vox is usually restored.

This has probably been gone over before, but I figured it was worth sharing.
BLAMM0 - FACTA, NON VERBA!

Offline kevykev56

• Silver Member
Vox
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2004, 10:22:13 PM »
Lower your DirectX Hardware accellerator 1 notch. Fixed all my vox problems.

I believe this not to be the problem, I have set mine at all settings min to max without a fix. I have on almost every occasion it goes out someone else on my squad channel loses vox. We could all be on for hours then 2 or more will be dead all at the same time. This leads me to believe it is not anything to do with my PC or anyone elses. Nor would it be with my ISP. It has to be at a common source...HTC.  On those rare occasions that my vox is out and all my squad members are still up I believe another countryman is out there on range ch without his.  Just my observations.

RHIN0
RHIN0 Retired C.O. Sick Puppies Squadron