Author Topic: request for better icon control  (Read 129 times)

Offline ViFF

• Copper Member
      • http://www.101squadron.com/
request for better icon control
« on: February 07, 2004, 04:25:15 AM »
In AH1  all we have to choose from is either icon range long (6.0k for all)  or short (d6.0 for freindly, 3.0k for enemy).

I hope in AH2 HTC adds some more control over how and how far the icons are displayed for everybody. This would be especialy useful in scenarios offcourse :)

Type of icon modifying controls I had in mind:

1. Icons on/off.
The ability to turn icons off for everybody, not just on your FE.

2. Range counter on/off/min/max,  distance activated.
Pretty much what we have today, but allow it to be custom set, and allow different settings for freindly and enemy with a dot command like:
.enemyrangemin 0.01
.enemyrangemax 3.0
.freindlyrangemin 0.1
.freindlyrangemax 6.0

To turn range counter off for freindly or enemy enter zero on min & max.

3. Type tag on/off/min/max.
Pretty much the same as with range...
.enemytypemin 0.01
.enemytypemax 3.0
.freindlytypemin 0.1
.freindlytypemax 6.0

4. Freindly id tag on/off/max.
I think this one would be cool. Say for example, your flying in a 4 ship flight that disengaging from a furball. During the fight you lost visual ID of your wingman, and you're now trying to find and hook up with him. In real life you would need to get pretty close (or use binocs) to visually id your wingman by his tail number, nose/skin art, and helmet  or any other visual cues they used. We could simulate this by implementing that outside of a certain max range, the freindly gameid tag would display the aircraft type as a cupholder in place until you get within the max range where its swaps to display the gameid.
.freindlyidmax 2.0