Author Topic: FesterMA VH Bug  (Read 515 times)

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
FesterMA VH Bug
« on: February 09, 2004, 12:01:59 AM »
Dont know if this has been touched on or not. Just wanted to let Fester know about a VH down time Bug on V54 and possibly V55 aswell. V54 has been down for hours now and shows no sign of coming back up. I beleive its the same situation with V55 also. Just a heads up is all for ya Fessy:)  Keep up the good work Fester!

« Last Edit: February 09, 2004, 12:04:45 AM by Morpheus »
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
FesterMA VH Bug
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2004, 02:23:29 AM »
your avatar sux morph:D
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
FesterMA VH Bug
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2004, 10:17:29 AM »
Ive sent HTC new files for festerma but they have not implemented them yet. the bug occurs at prime time when 500+ people on and the server forgets about downed vh's and leaves them down forever.

how this could happen only during this high traffic time is still a mystery to me. but Ive gone through the entire map and deleted anything nonstandard such as easter eggs, manned acks at factories, and I added multiple gv hangars to vbases on the gv routes, I added tank towns like trinity as well.

but in all and all I have no idea whats wrong or how its happening.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
FesterMA VH Bug
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2004, 10:41:05 AM »
No it doesnt.
It happens in low traffic hours as well.
Yesterday morning one was down for well over an hour. and then I tried constantly resupplying it for at least an hour. Everything popped back up nicely but the VH which stayed down

Originally posted by Citabria
Ive sent HTC new files for festerma but they have not implemented them yet. the bug occurs at prime time when 500+ people on and the server forgets about downed vh's and leaves them down forever.

how this could happen only during this high traffic time is still a mystery to me. but Ive gone through the entire map and deleted anything nonstandard such as easter eggs, manned acks at factories, and I added multiple gv hangars to vbases on the gv routes, I added tank towns like trinity as well.

but in all and all I have no idea whats wrong or how its happening.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
FesterMA VH Bug
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2004, 10:50:43 AM »
it stays down in low traffic times, and hangars are supposed to respawn at a fixed time of 15 minutes and can not be resupplied.

was the vhangar hit during low numbers hours? or was it down from previously high numbers fighting?

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
FesterMA VH Bug
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2004, 12:00:46 PM »
The FesterMA map is full of Bugs...and I PAY $15 a month to beta test? I say yank it.:(
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
FesterMA VH Bug
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2004, 12:09:05 PM »
grrr

Offline MOSQ

• Silver Member
FesterMA VH Bug
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2004, 12:25:37 PM »
Fester,
Disregard rpm371, he's obviously a clueless loser.
The rest of us appreciate the incredible amount of work you put into FesterMA and your upcoming Pacific map.
Thanks !

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
FesterMA VH Bug
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2004, 12:49:39 PM »
At least you update it and keep it fresh.

... unlike the Arabian Knights who just keep the same map rolling around.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
FesterMA VH Bug
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2004, 12:52:30 PM »
No this was definately during low numbers relitively early in the day. late morning early afternoon. VH stopped smoking but remained down for well over the 2+hours I was on. at least an hour of which I spent running M3s to it hoping to bring it up.

It never did come up when I was there.

I wouldnt call the fighting heavy by any streach of the imagination. some intermediate fighting going on int he very middle of the map  but fighting along the parimeter where the GV bases are was pretty low.

Originally posted by Citabria
it stays down in low traffic times, and hangars are supposed to respawn at a fixed time of 15 minutes and can not be resupplied.

was the vhangar hit during low numbers hours? or was it down from previously high numbers fighting?
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
FesterMA VH Bug
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2004, 12:58:59 PM »
BTW I think your doing a great job With the maps, especially since the small maps have long since outlived their usefullness.
thanks for all your hard work

Just pointing out some observations.
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
FesterMA VH Bug
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2004, 01:42:25 PM »
Is there anything in a map that could cause a film bug? A few flights I filmed this weekend show only the tower view when replayed. No text or vox, and no other planes although the length of the film shows it contains the data from the flight. I've heard other people had the same trouble. Any ideas if something in the map could corrupt films?

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
FesterMA VH Bug
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2004, 03:41:44 PM »
Originally posted by rpm371
The FesterMA map is full of Bugs...and I PAY $15 a month to beta test? I say yank it.:(

LOL My gawd guys... Fester, on his own time mind you, makes these maps for our enjoyment! Get a grip. Because there are a few problems with a few VH's you want to pull the map off rotation...? Comments like this are better off kept to your self.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK Fester. There are those out there who sincerly appreciate what you are doing for us!;)

!
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline mrblack

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
FesterMA VH Bug
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2004, 03:49:41 PM »
Originally posted by MoRphEuS
LOL My gawd guys... Fester, on his own time mind you, makes these maps for our enjoyment! Get a grip. Because there are a few problems with a few VH's you want to pull the map off rotation...? Comments like this are better off kept to your self.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK Fester. There are those out there who sincerly appreciate what you are doing for us!;)

!

What he said!!
Thanks Fester I love your hard work.:aok

Offline HavocTM

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.bops.us
FesterMA VH Bug
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2004, 04:03:44 PM »
Fester, thanks for the good work and it's an awesome map.

I have had the film bug too, though, and wonder what it could be.  

Thanks again,
Havoc