Author Topic: It's Just Not Fair!!!  (Read 6857 times)

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
It's Just Not Fair!!!
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2004, 08:54:16 PM »
Originally posted by GScholz
WOW! A REAL PHOTO! Wtg Mudslinger! :rofl

Edit: It is really astonishing how the Büzhists fail to realise that photos like this actually make Kerry more favourable to the Libs and Europeans.

since I got a new nickname today I figured I'd celebrate....here's an OBVIOUSE PHOTOSHOP

again I dont care about europeans I'm an American
« Last Edit: February 11, 2004, 09:08:12 PM by Gunslinger »

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
It's Just Not Fair!!!
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2004, 09:01:50 PM »
KERRY ASSOCIATES NATIONAL GUARD SERVICE WITH DRAFT-DODGING
--Massachusetts Senator Attempts To Score Political Points By Insulting U.S. Military—
RICHMOND – Massachusetts Senator John Kerry says he’s never criticized someone’s Vietnam record, yet in an interview on the Fox News Channel Tuesday night Kerry said, “‘I’ve never made any judgments about any choice somebody made about avoiding the draft, about going to Canada, going to jail, being a conscientious objector, going into the National Guard.” Kerry added, “Those are choices people make.”

“John Kerry has stooped to another low in his campaign to be the Democrat Nominee, this time insulting the 455,000 men and women of the National Guard by comparing them to draft dodgers,” said Republican Party of Virginia Chairman Kate Obenshain Griffin.

“This is an outright insult to the over 28,000 Guardsmen who are serving our nation today in Iraq. John Kerry owes the members of the National Guard an apology,” said Griffin.

Heard him say it himself. Make no bones about it, he was definitely trying to smear Bush with it. Trouble is, it's gonna backfire on him, because the collatoral damage is too great.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
It's Just Not Fair!!!
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2004, 09:30:06 PM »
to quote another famous vietnam veteran.."stupid is as stupid does"

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
It's Just Not Fair!!!
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2004, 10:13:05 PM »
Oh for the day when All Democrats are locked up and outlawed. That glorious day when we become 1 Nation, 1 Party. Wait, wasn't that the Soviet Union?
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
It's Just Not Fair!!!
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2004, 10:36:50 PM »
Originally posted by rpm371
Oh for the day when All Democrats are locked up and outlawed. That glorious day when we become 1 Nation, 1 Party. Wait, wasn't that the Soviet Union?

So pointing out some flaws in kerrys campaign image is tantamount to asking that half of america be arrested?  Okeeee...  

Gscholz how bout you cut the bush = hitler inuendo crap... Ok?

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
It's Just Not Fair!!!
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2004, 11:09:11 PM »
Originally posted by Kieran
Heard him say it himself. Make no bones about it, he was definitely trying to smear Bush with it. Trouble is, it's gonna backfire on him, because the collatoral damage is too great.

Unbelievable.  Does he realize how many people served in the Guard?

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
It's Just Not Fair!!!
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2004, 11:11:38 PM »
yea MT we start going after the librals just like they go after bush every day and we are now nazis and bush is hitler.....typical.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
It's Just Not Fair!!!
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2004, 11:56:30 PM »
in 1971 kerry said the US troops in vietnam were baby killers now that he needs their votes they are his "band of brothers"

i wonder if he ever did jane fonda? i would have, she was a hottie.

Offline crowMAW

• Silver Member
It's Just Not Fair!!!
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2004, 12:17:40 AM »
Here are some top presidential candidates from the past decade for comparison. Note that these are only those who actually served in the military in some form.  Clinton avoided military service by taking a Rhodes Scholor appointment in England.  Dean was graded 1-Y during his draft induction physical due to unfused vertebra.

Candidate #1 enlisted in the Army and was eventually assigned to the 10th Mountain Division as a 2nd Lt.  His unit was sent into combat where the candidate served at the front line.  During an action, his platoon came under fire.  His radioman was hit.  The candidate got out of the comparative safety of his foxhole to help the downed radioman.  He came under machine gun fire and was severely injured.  The candidate waited 9 hours on the battlefield before being pulled to an evac hospital for medical treatment. The candidate was awarded the Purple Heart and Bronze Star for his service.

Candidate #2 graduated from the US Naval Academy and flew fighters.  He had the opportunity to leave service after his minimum obligation was up and avoid combat, however his  continued service saw him shot down over enemy lines where he was a POW for 5 years in one of the most notoriously cruel prisoner of war camps in the 20th century.  His survival through that ordeal alone speaks volumes about this candidate's character.  He was awarded the Silver Star, a Legion of Merit for Valor, a Distinguished Flying Cross, three Bronze Stars, two Commendation medals and two Purple Hearts.

Candidate #3 enlisted in the Army after graduating cum laude from an Ivy League school.  Rather than taking an opportunity to go to OCS, he remained an enlisted man.  The candidate's father was a VIP and could have exerted influence to keep the candidate stateside.  However, the candidate was sent into a combat zone as a combat reporter for Stars & Stripes.  The candidate served with an engineering unit which frequently came under harassment fire and he was sent on volunteer missions to more forward engineering units in unsecured areas.  The candidate never fired his weapon.  Only service awards were bestowed.  He returned to the States to attend Divinity school.

Candidate #4 enlisted in the Navy after graduating college.  The candidate served in a non-combat role for a tour in a hostile zone.  When his obligation ended, he re-enlisted to serve a second tour, this time in a combat role.  While on patrol, his boat was attacked from shore.  The candidate charged his boat and attacked the enemy.  He beached the boat at the enemy camp, and personally jumped on shore to ensure the threat was neutralized.  The candidate was awarded the Silver Star, the Bronze Star, and three Purple Hearts before leaving service.

Candidate #5 is a graduate from the US Military Academy at West Point.  The candidate chose the path of an infantryman and served in combat.  While on patrol, his company came under fire.  He was shot four times (in the leg, hip, hand, and shoulder), but continued to give orders in command of his company to neutralize the threat and get his men to safety.  Before leaving this combat zone, he was awarded the Silver Star, and the Purple Heart.

Candidate #6 had the opportunity to enlist in the regular armed services but instead chose the National Guard, which at the time saw more limited duty. He was tested and earned a score in the 95th percentile for officer candidacy (outstanding), 50th percentile for navigator slot (promising material), and 25th percentile pilot slot (minimum qualification).  After basic he was given a pilot slot and commissioned.  He immediately took a leave of absence to work on a political campaign.  He successfully earned his wings in fighter aircraft after two years of active duty training. Eighteen months later, he requested to be reassigned to different Guard unit so as to work on another political campaign.  The Guard unit he requested had no aircraft for him to fly. Two years after the US government invested millions on training this candidate he failed to take the required flight physical and was removed from flight duty. Six months later he earned flight crew status back, but did not fly for the remaining 7 months of his service.

One of these candidates is not like the others...for one of them, the only shots fired at him were filled with tequila.

Seriously, if any of the first 5 candidates were my son, I would be proud of the service they gave their country.  For the 6th candidate, I think I would have given him a long lecture about the meaning of responsibility and commitment the first time they mentioned that they were going to take a leave of absence from duty to go work on a political campaign, and a longer lecture after he failed to show up for his physical.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2004, 12:24:17 AM by crowMAW »

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
It's Just Not Fair!!!
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2004, 12:26:34 AM »
gore was only in nam for 2-3 months, he got a early out to come back to the states to work on his fathers senate relection, his dad lost.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
It's Just Not Fair!!!
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2004, 12:38:08 AM »
Bush screwed up.  He should have volunteered to drive his F-102 over North Vietnam, through hell and back.  Instead he chose, or was advised by his father, to stay the hell away from a war that was CLEARLY going to be lost by a screwed up liberal body politic, and a bunch of smelly long haired dope smoking hippies.

I resent the fact that Bush did not serve with honor and distinction, hell.....honor would have been good enough.
As it is, he performed more than a hell of alot of draft dodging dope smoking slimebags ever dreamed capable of.  Flying a F-102 is dangerous by nature.  And he qualified in the F-102 and was rated highly in that aircraft.

Kerry went and served with honor and distinction, then came home and opposed the war "in such a way" as to provide aid and comfort to the very people who were trying to kill him.  Thats a far greater sin by a magnitude 10 in my opinion.

On top of that, for his own political gain, Kerry continues to undermine the president "in such a way" as to provide aid and comfort to the enemy.  The man is far greater disgrace to himself and his nation then anything Bush ever did.  Thats the end of it.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline guttboy

• Silver Member
It's Just Not Fair!!!
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2004, 12:44:34 AM »
Yeager,

Would you care to elaborate on this.......

I resent the fact that Bush did not serve with honor and distinction, hell.....honor would have been good enough.

Just curious on how you can say that?  Are you being sarcastic...by reading the rest of your post it is hard for me to tell.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
It's Just Not Fair!!!
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2004, 01:12:04 AM »
No sarcasm.  Bush should have volunteered for combat duty in the active Air Force.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline guttboy

• Silver Member
It's Just Not Fair!!!
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2004, 01:36:08 AM »
Yeager.....why?  He was in a unit that was in charge of defending the nation from the Soviet Union's nuclear bomber threat.  Was that not important at the time?

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
It's Just Not Fair!!!
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2004, 01:43:31 AM »
Heh, well he apparently didn't think so.
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!